What's new

Important Upcoming Changes on Netfleet.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno69

Top Contributor
I have a domain with no reserve ending today not showing unless I search all auctions.

Search: swimming

Not a big deal as I don't expect to sell, but all feedback helps I'm sure.

CyberClick

Top Contributor
Just so I'm clear. When buying standard listings:

New Price = buy price + $49.95 (cor + rego renewal)
Old Price = buy price + $20(cor)

Is this correct?

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Nice redesign.

Just seeking clarification on costs and process for standard listings...

On your website it says

In the email that went out this morning it says

In addition there is another section in the email that seems to indicate that the buyer pays for COR and that you will be invoicing and collecting funds

Can you confirm which is right, and if there is a change walk us through the new sales process for Standard Catalogue Listings / Domain Catalogue?

Thanks

Andrew

Documentation needs refreshing which is being done right now. To clarify, the buyers pay the winning bid/offer amount, and a Buyers Premium, which covers the change of registrant /registration cost, invoicing, administration, and securely managing funds. Now any domain sold on Netfleet follows the old AMA process.

Also, I clicked the show domains listed in the last 7 days and received zero results - is this correct? No new domains listed in the last week?

Troy

Looks to be a bug there - will get it fixed up.

its not looking very good on my ipad3 though, which i am sure is the least of your concerns, but if you need a screen shot then just PM or phone me.
tim

Yes, looks like the Auctions have incorrect CSS - will get patched up.

I was just trying to make a bid on one of the AMA listing but it didn't accept my bid which I think is due to the reserve price set to this domain name.

I think it's better to at least accept the bids lower than the reserve price so that it'll get exposure to other potential buyers and lead to more participation for bidding on these domain names.

Say if the domain name like CarAuctions.com.au was on auction and the reserve was set to $15,000 then if someone bids $14000, it just won't accept it and won't show any bids on this domain name and I'm sure a lot of people won't make a bid over $15,000 straight away and it's the previous bid amount on the domain that triggers people to bid more.

Maybe a better solution would be to automatically outbid the bid amount lower than the reserve and leave the highest bid amount with the domain. So basically same as how the previous AMA was implemented.

We are fixing this up too.

Mark & Anthony I am certain that the merger of the auctions will be very successful & is a great initiative.
I feel that the buyers premium should be better explained; i.e. it is the cost of a new 2-year registration & the COR. NO MORE TO PAY.
IMO....The fact that this is still at the lower end of the price scale in the industry & is automated are strong marketing features.

Agreed - will be bulking out our documentation today.

I have a domain with no reserve ending today not showing unless I search all auctions.

Search: swimming

Not a big deal as I don't expect to sell, but all feedback helps I'm sure.

It is because it has not hit reserve and therefore isn't Selling Today. If it hits reserve, it will appear in that view.

The site overall looks good.

But one thing I dont like is the individual "place bid" button. Any chance we can have the multiple bid button like you did before?

The space between each row is much wider now. Which means we can see even less amount of domains in the one screen. So when you are bidding on multiple domains its really going to be difficult in my point of view.

Now updated - in the Advanced View there is now a Bulk Bid button.

Also there isnt a way to "favourite/star" domains.

Updated too - the F column is back.

Thanks
Mark

johno69

Top Contributor
It is because it has not hit reserve and therefore isn't Selling Today. If it hits reserve, it will appear in that view.

Ok, so just to clarify, domains with no reserve do not count as having met reserve any more?

Mark

Top Contributor
Just so I'm clear. When buying standard listings:

New Price = buy price + $49.95 (cor + rego renewal)
Old Price = buy price + $20(cor)

Is this correct?

Yes, loosely.

New Price = buy price + $49.95 (Netfleet manages everything - including the change of registrant cost, administration, invoicing and securely managing funds.)
Old Price = buy price + $20 - $150 (you manage everything)

Ok, so just to clarify, domains with no reserve do not count as having met reserve any more?

We set domains that had no reserve in the old system to have a reserve of $100, as that was the old starting bid. We didn't want clients to sell a domain for less than $100 if they thought they were protected by the old starting bid.

Any domains added now to auctions, will have starting bids of $10 - in other words, no reserve.

HTH

Cheers
Mark

Mark

Top Contributor
I was just trying to make a bid on one of the AMA listing but it didn't accept my bid which I think is due to the reserve price set to this domain name.

I think it's better to at least accept the bids lower than the reserve price so that it'll get exposure to other potential buyers and lead to more participation for bidding on these domain names.

Say if the domain name like CarAuctions.com.au was on auction and the reserve was set to $15,000 then if someone bids $14000, it just won't accept it and won't show any bids on this domain name and I'm sure a lot of people won't make a bid over $15,000 straight away and it's the previous bid amount on the domain that triggers people to bid more.

Maybe a better solution would be to automatically outbid the bid amount lower than the reserve and leave the highest bid amount with the domain. So basically same as how the previous AMA was implemented.

Now fixed up.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
its not looking very good on my ipad3 though, which i am sure is the least of your concerns

I've yet to check out the new site, but I believe having a quality iphone/android site/app is a must for any auction platform, and for any business imho.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I've yet to check out the new site, but I believe having a quality iphone/android site/app is a must for any auction platform, and for any business imho.

Yeah I amazed when I look at analytics how many people use mobile devices even for sites you'd think they wouldn't visit 'on the go'. Probably more tablet than mobile for these type of sites I guess

Mark

Top Contributor
Quick one - today's drops all have the PD's at the top. Is that dues to metrics problems?

Yes - I'm afraid out metrics are still out of joint. Data for PDs was collected a while ago, so are at top.

Will be back to normal soon

findtim

Top Contributor
mark, you seem to have a huge "free beta testing team" , microsoft should learn from you :D

i have to say i'm holding off anoying you with stuff as you would be snowed under so maybe when YOU are ready officially ask for the full list of "little" things that many of us have found but don't really matter we can all send you the list.

tim:)

Mark

Top Contributor
mark, you seem to have a huge "free beta testing team" , microsoft should learn from you :D

i have to say i'm holding off anoying you with stuff as you would be snowed under so maybe when YOU are ready officially ask for the full list of "little" things that many of us have found but don't really matter we can all send you the list.

tim:)

Please do send to us! We've got lots on our list already, but no doubt you guys will pick up more...feel free to fire away

Thanks!
Mark

jam

Top Contributor
Is there an issue with receiving alerts and the daily list email? Haven't received any since the update.
Also, when I go in to my account, I would expect there to be a section for Alerts.

Sorry in advance if this has already been covered.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Domain Checker is not really functional

I signed in > went to 'Your Account' > Domain Name Checker

Did a search on six domains, and it had this message:

"Your query limit has been reached...Extended domain checker available for free, in the Members Area"

hmmmm, I ran it from the members area.

Edit:
+1 to what jam said above this post.

findtim

Top Contributor
here's a quick mockup, i think you are using to much space at the top and it could be better used.

http://screencast.com/t/cIpbz7X2ger

i missed moving the "all domain prices .... $49" but i think tht could be squeezed intot the old timer location

this just gives me a better view especially when i allocate favourites to bid on

slag the design i don't mind, just trying to think usability for me, also i liked that the old site told me i was signed in and in this header design there is room, i could see my account signing eg" tim@blablab.com.au , i found that reasuring when bidding in case "heaven forbid" the link would go done" :rolleyes:

i don't like i have to go into the toptop menu to "my account" to get a log out button, i think it should be on every page, just extend the toptop menu

i liked your "no reserve pitch" very nice.

don't get me wrong i KNOW how hard it is to make these changes.

tim

aus11

Top Contributor
I just wanted to note that I can't seem to get the 'Download Auction Data' to actually do anything. When you click it, nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members