1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your paln b ?

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by findtim, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Rhythm

Rhythm Membership: VIP

Only thing those stats should encourage everyone to do is to 301 redirect from www to non-www or vice versa.

Now *that* is what I call bleeding.

As I've said Whirlpool is just a bad example. ABC is an ok example.

They may prove indicative to you but they are inconclusive to me.

I need a higher standard of proof.

2. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Rhythm if you are so keen to defend .net.au i am sure there are many members here who would like to send you a list of theirs for you to buy, other then that you shouldn't be on here as you have a lot of handregistrations to do for all those good .net.au's still not registered.

here's a good link to speed things up
    https://www.dntrade.com.au/expired-domain-search.php

tim

1 person likes this.
  3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

If the ABC one is an "ok example" why are you still denying bleed exists?

1 person likes this.
  4. Rhythm

I have not denied it. Nor have I accepted it as I just have not come across enough evidence that traffic bleed exists.

When I wrote 'traffic bleed' or 'significant traffic bleed' it was referring to demonoids "they'll bleed a lot of traffic" in his post I was responding to:

5. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    My comment that you're quoting was in reference to the particular case that Tim referred to. On traffic bleed more generally, which is what has been predominantly discussed in this thread - my comments were a bit different, see pertinent parts below:

I don't have the magic formula for you Rhythm, I can't give you a % of traffic bleed from a .net.au to a .com.au - as I'm sure you can appreciate every case will be different.

All I know is that traffic bleed does exist and there are plenty of examples that demonstrate this, some of which myself and others have referred to.

You're entitled to your own views as to whether traffic bleed exists, I'm not going to argue the matter till I'm blue in the face! :p

2 people like this.
  6. Rhythm

I was just explaining it to snoopy in case he missed it.

I know you went from 'a lot' to 'some' to 'little or a lot'

Like wise I threw in 'significant' somewhere along the line to denote this change.

I agree every case will be different, which is why I am hesitant to rely on testimony/hearsay/statistic and was hoping for something more quantifiable and scientifically reliable data.

7. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Can you describe exactly what you are expecting as examples of bleed? You say you don't want statistics, but you do want data. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I think you have made up your own mind and nothing will ever be enough for you to admit "Yes these names lose traffic to the .com.au". As demonoid said it will be a blue in the face argument.

8. Rhythm

Sure: Traffic data/stat from advertised .net.au's that own the twin .com.au - I have my own data, but for accuracy I'd need to run a sustained offline and online media campaign which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

My mind is not made up. Never is.

9. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    we ALL look forward to the results

tim

10. Rhythm

Advertising Donations welcome! :D

1 person likes this.