What's new

2017 Board Elections

Lemon

Top Contributor
With the 2017 board elections coming up in Oct/Nov I just wanted to remind everyone to renew membership.
Also for NEW MEMBERS if you want a vote at the election you must be a member for AT LEAST 3 MONTHS to vote.
Membership has to be approved at the board meetings, not that we know when they are. (I believe there is one end of May) who knows after that.
I suggest that NEW MEMBERS JOIN NOW to be able to vote.

snoopy

Top Contributor
A very important thread. For those who are current members renewing is absolutely vital in terms of domainers/small biz people having a voice with AUDA. If you are not currently a member please join and have your say on how it is run. As Lemon says it is best to join earlier and be certain you will be able to vote.

If you are a current member renewals emails are likely to go out fairly soon (they are running late).

For those currently not a member you can join online via the link below (costs $22)

https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/membership/member-application/

Scott7

Top Contributor
Once we vote someone in they are muted pretty much instantly anyway.
I'd say they're on a very short leash.
2. Confidentiality of Board Information 2.1 General Obligation to Preserve Confidentiality of Board Information 2.1.1 Without limiting the Director’s duties to auDA, subject to the terms of this Deed the Director acknowledges that they must keep confidential all Board Information which is of its nature inherently confidential or designated by the Chair to be confidential. 2.1.2 The Director's obligations under this Deed commence on the day the Director signs this Deed and end upon the day the Director ceases to be a director of auDA. The ending of Director's obligations under this Deed does not amount to any waiver by auDA of any other obligations owed by the Director to auDA at law or under the Corporations Act.
Source: auDA Directors' Deed of Confidentiality (Bolding mine)

snoopy

Top Contributor
I have raised a FOI request for all the past auDA board minutes, agendas and reports. The Australian Government say it will cost $657 to provide them, so here's the campaign to raise the money:
https://www.gofundme.com/foi-auda-board-minutes-reports
Anything you are able to contribute - no matter how small - will help improve the transparency of auDA.

Thanks for working this Josh, it will be a vital resource. I assuming the docs will get published publicly somewhere after you get them?

joshrowe

Top Contributor

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Josh, great job on this.

As you may know the current board seem do not like some old auDA staff, directors.. or most people lately?

.. I'm sure they loved the FOI request from you just like they enjoyed the questions at the auDA AGM!

From the information posted on www.domainer.com.au recently it appears Stuart Benjamin perhaps should not be the auDA Chairman nor should his flippant remarks be accepted when questions are raised at the AGM by members. Is it true he works only 1 day a week at the auDA office and receives over $100,000 a year for his efforts or how much is he paid ,for what exactly and for how long is his term?

Hopefully the documents Josh has requested will shed some transparency on auDA expenses, board meetings, minutes, how people get jobs, how suppliers are sought, auDA Foundation etc.

Lemon

Top Contributor
I have decided to bite the bullet and renew my membership even though I think the code of conduct is questionably in contradiction to the existing constitution.
I renewed so that I would get to vote at the next AGM.
The only influence members have on auda is the ability to vote. So make sure you renew or join soon so you to have a right to vote.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I have decided to bite the bullet and renew my membership even though I think the code of conduct is questionably in contradiction to the existing constitution.
I renewed so that I would get to vote at the next AGM.
The only influence members have on auda is the ability to vote. So make sure you renew or join soon so you to have a right to vote.

Think this is important, in my view AUDA is trying to put off domainer type members from renewing. They do not want us having a say.

The code is complete garbage, everyone should just ignore it an renew, especially those who do not like AUDA.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
auDA could be assured of some major media coverage and government oversight complaints IF they do try to mute anyone. It will quickly backfire and put a spotlight on auDA and the auDA board more than ever.

Especially when there are a lot of facts and evidence able to be tendered supporting the whistleblowers information and raising of issues.. including from many past and present auDA staff, members and auDA board directors.

The deletion of material on the auDA website, censoring of all minutes, non tender of wholesale registry contracts, processes for auDA jobs and auDA board positions raises serious concerns as do many comments made by auDA staff and auDA board members past and present. It would not be hard to submit such information in any defense and again turn the spotlight on those trying to mute the member.

Luckily enough the Federal Government now more than ever is aware of auDA issues and they may be a rightful party to engage if and when any member needs them. The same goes for some heavy hitter media people who have been investigating auDA and who could go to print / online / tv at very short notice.

When an auDA staff member says "someone who worked previously at auDA should be in jail" you can be assured there must be more issues at auDA then anyone is being told including members... The only way for members to get information seems to be to speak up including on forums and blogs.

It is shameful on auDA and the auDA Board that Josh Rowe had to do a formal FOI and get donations for the most basic once public auDA information.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
What does it say about AUDA when they claim that but won't take any action about it?
Who knows what they have done about it... perhaps this is where their extremely high legal expenses are going? Government and auDA Members should be advised...why the cover up?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Who knows what they have done about it... perhaps this is where their extremely high legal expenses are going? Government and auDA Members should be advised...why the cover up?

They've probably paid a few lawyers to tell them what they want to hear "do nothing, too embarrassing for AUDA".

DomainNames

Top Contributor

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads