What's new

Interesting reading from Adrian Kinderis

Scott.L

Top Contributor
An obvious 'conflict of interest' has developed through the incumbent Registry Operator exercising its power using offshore employees to influence policy and governance outcomes of another countries ccTLD Regulator -

in one week Afilias has already obtained regulatory Capture of auDA and the power to change the Board to suit its needs. ...welcome to your new Foreign Independent Directors, courtesy of Mr. Boardman.

auDA can pretend to Reform itself all they want, your not fooling me, you may as well only be talking to 4 registrars because half sensible people would know, its not worth their time to support a CEO and Board with such morals and values. Just like the CRC, auDA Board behind closed doors writing their own reform outcomes whilst pandering to the public about a membership driven consultative forum and committee. Fool me once....

auDA Reminds me of the movie 'The Purge' - 24 hours without laws or rules, do what thou wilt, but what are the consequences of such madness?

findtim

Top Contributor
admin, i'm gonna play bad cop sorry, but is this thread all mixed up and off subject?
nothing wrong with the conversations but it had to be said.
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
The subject is Adrian's thoughts so that will be a mixed bag Tim.

Today's discussion includes Cameron's tap-dancing skills at the members meet up and a continuation of the "great registry debate" represented by Mr Kinderis and Mr Patton.

Laurie Patton

Relax Snoopy / Scott. No mistake on my part. I simply cleaned out a few of the more ridulous exchanges so that others following me on Twitter were not subjected to them. Happy to repeat myself in this august venue. I made the point that auDA is not like Internet Australia, Comms Alliance, Telsoc, etc. It is not an industry association run by its members solely for the benefit of its members. auDA is charged with overseeing domain name allocation on behalf of all Australians and subject to a mandate from government. That's why the Government wants a majority of independent directors and a mechanism that prevents "capture" (their words) by vested interests. I also pointed out that once elected the directors are in charge of the organisation's policies and its direction and were not required to pander to the preferences of any single group, especially not domainers, who clearly have an inherent conflict of interest. Happy now? Glad you are taking such an interest in my social media.

joshrowe

Top Contributor
Tim you don't listen well or retain information very well.

I've previously given you my name and number.

I also don't think you are a total waste of space on the board. I'm sure you infuriate the scumbags as well ;-)

Yes, board balance is important.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Relax Snoopy / Scott. No mistake on my part. I simply cleaned out a few of the more ridulous exchanges so that others following me on Twitter were not subjected to them. Happy to repeat myself in this august venue. I made the point that auDA is not like Internet Australia, Comms Alliance, Telsoc, etc. It is not an industry association run by its members solely for the benefit of its members. auDA is charged with overseeing domain name allocation on behalf of all Australians and subject to a mandate from government. That's why the Government wants a majority of independent directors and a mechanism that prevents "capture" (their words) by vested interests. I also pointed out that once elected the directors are in charge of the organisation's policies and its direction and were not required to pander to the preferences of any single group, especially not domainers, who clearly have an inherent conflict of interest. Happy now? Glad you are taking such an interest in my social media.

Laurie, you wont accept any other view except what your paid to accept.

auDA constitution:

21.4 Directors to act in Best Interest of auDA as a Whole
Each Director must act in the best interests of auDA as a whole and with due regard to the furtherance of auDA's objectives. Each Director must also act in accordance with an non-excludable duty or obligation owed by the Director to auDA or the Members of auDA under general law, the Corporations Act, or other provisions of this Constitution.

Meaning ‘to act in the best interests of the company’ as such, is synonymous with, to act in the ‘interests of the members of the company’.

Resource:
Primarily, the responsibility of directors is to promote the interests of members of the company to the maximum extent possible. The view that ‘company’ means ‘members’ was accepted by the Corporations and Markets Advisory Committee (‘CAMAC’) without argument. In that light auDA means “members” as an organization of members, inclusive as a whole.

• Business is about putting together a deal so that suppliers, customers, employees, communities’ managers and shareholders all win continuously over time. Citation Reference:

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Dont get caught out wasting time with someone who is being paid to post.... He will keep posting racking up the $$.

Who are all the people current auDA Management and Board are using auDA Funds to pay as PR and as "Consultants".

Should auDA have to full disclose and list who they are paying and how much each is being paid so members can see?

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Majority of the Board is to be composed of Independent Directors - Independent control of auDA is Not in the Interests of Members or the industry, auDA is responsible for the Domain Registration Market and only those involved in it have the capacity to manage it.

AEMO is a good example of Industry participants working together within a monopoly Regulatory environment;
  • AEMO members play an influential role in helping AEMO build the vital connections and partnerships that are critical to the growth of Australia’s energy sector.

• The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) Board is made up of nine Non-Executive Directors and the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.

CURRENT DIRECTORS

· Mr Andrew (Drew) Clarke AO PSM – Chairman
  • Mr Clarke has been a leader in energy policy in Australia since 2003
· Mr Jon Hubbard
  • former partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers and a former director of CS Energy
· Ms Sibylle Krieger
  • a member of the Dispute Resolution Panel for the National Electricity Market and the gas markets.
· Mr Stephen Orr
  • extensive senior management experience in the energy industry, including power generation, financial markets, energy trading, and retail.
· Dr Peter Davis
  • former Chief Executive Officer of Aurora Energy.
· Ms Betsy Donaghey
  • over 30 years of energy and resources sector experience.
· Mr Tony Concannon
  • Executive (and Non-Executive) Director with more than 30 years of experience within the power sector

2015 Review of Governance Arrangements for Australian Energy Markets

The Final Report of the Review of Governance Arrangements for Australian Energy Markets to the COAG Energy Council was published in October 2015.

The Panel concluded that the division of functions established by the current governance arrangements for Australian energy markets is fundamentally sound and that Australian energy market governance is amongst best practice internationally.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Majority of the Board is to be composed of Independent Directors - Independent control of auDA is Not in the Interests of Members or the industry, auDA is responsible for the Domain Registration Market and only those involved in it have the capacity to manage it.

AEMO is a good example of Industry participants working together within a monopoly Regulatory environment;
  • AEMO members play an influential role in helping AEMO build the vital connections and partnerships that are critical to the growth of Australia’s energy sector.

• The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) Board is made up of nine Non-Executive Directors and the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.

CURRENT DIRECTORS

· Mr Andrew (Drew) Clarke AO PSM – Chairman
  • Mr Clarke has been a leader in energy policy in Australia since 2003
· Mr Jon Hubbard
  • former partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers and a former director of CS Energy
· Ms Sibylle Krieger
  • a member of the Dispute Resolution Panel for the National Electricity Market and the gas markets.
· Mr Stephen Orr
  • extensive senior management experience in the energy industry, including power generation, financial markets, energy trading, and retail.
· Dr Peter Davis
  • former Chief Executive Officer of Aurora Energy.
· Ms Betsy Donaghey
  • over 30 years of energy and resources sector experience.
· Mr Tony Concannon
  • Executive (and Non-Executive) Director with more than 30 years of experience within the power sector

2015 Review of Governance Arrangements for Australian Energy Markets

The Final Report of the Review of Governance Arrangements for Australian Energy Markets to the COAG Energy Council was published in October 2015.

The Panel concluded that the division of functions established by the current governance arrangements for Australian energy markets is fundamentally sound and that Australian energy market governance is amongst best practice internationally.

If The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) can function with Member representatives from its own market asDirectors then so can auDA.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
It really is just a joke. The government report complains about potential branch stacking and then allows/condones the CEO stacking the hell out of it by encouraging supply side employees signing up as demand side members.

joshrowe

Top Contributor
It really is just a joke. The government report complains about potential branch stacking and then allows/condones the CEO stacking the hell out of it by encouraging supply side employees signing up as demand side members.

It appears that the Australian Government has not had an observer on the auDA board for some time. I hope this changes to improve the accountability and transparency which is inherent in the auDA constitution.

snoopy

Top Contributor
It appears that the Australian Government has not had an observer on the auDA board for some time. I hope this changes to improve the accountability and transparency which is inherent in the auDA constitution.

If the government gives auDA an inch they will take a mile. Maybe if an observer had been present auDA would not have stacked membership with 900+ joins.

Laurie Patton

Laurie, you have nothing to do with the domain name industry other than being employed as paid promoter to push Afilias's and auDA's agenda.

Let me know when you can answer the questions (which I must have asked you half a dozen times today an you ran away from on domainincite)

Why are these questions so hard you you to answer?

Who is paying you?
What is your actual role with auDa and/or Afilias?
How much as you being paid?
What people pay me is surely my business. I've disclosed my involvement, current and past. Unlike others who hde behind pseudonyms and fail to explain their vested interest.

Laurie Patton

What people pay me is surely my business. I've disclosed my involvement, current and past. Unlike others who hide behind pseudonyms and fail to explain their vested interest.

snoopy

Top Contributor
What people pay me is surely my business. I've disclosed my involvement, current and past. Unlike others who hde behind pseudonyms and fail to explain their vested interest.

Laurie, the fact is I've answered all your questions several week ago, you've avoided mine. The person hiding is you because you dodge the subject and then run away when you are asked anything.

What is your role with Afilias?
How much are you being paid by Afilias?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads