What's new

Interesting reading from Adrian Kinderis

Laurie Patton

And the lengths others seem to be going to cause dissention. I’m still struggling to see this as anything more than a power play, and a fight waged by people with vested interests. Nobody has actually identified anything fundamentally wrong with the way domain names are being administered as far as I can see.

joshrowe

Top Contributor

Scott.L

Top Contributor
What is your real name "Snoopy"? How many domain names do you own? How many have you sold over the past five years? How much did you price-gouge out of each of the people who actually needed domain names you acquired for no other purposee than rent-seeking?

Laurie, your obviously not aware that an auDA Director (EK) regularly purchases domain names on the expired auctions. In fact EK has a large portfolio – certainly more than Snoopy who has less than 30. Would the you call him a “rent seeker” or a “price gouger”?

The fact is that auDA policy allows domain monetization.

@Laurie Patton any views on my constructive post above?

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor

Laurie Patton

This is a direct quote from an email I received overnight from one of your industry colleagues. “Don’t worry about those muppets over at dntrade. It is literally “high-school” over there.” QED!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Can imagine Lauries next invoice to Afilias.

Item 1. Posting Latin phrases on dntrade $1,500

Item 2. Arguing on itwire (5 hours) $4,500

Item 3. Staging, preparing and writing positive interview with auDA CEO $3,000

Item 4. Ateending SGM and making positive assertations about auDA management and Afilias $6,250

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo