What's new

Interesting reading from Adrian Kinderis

Laurie Patton

Snoopy is an exceptionally successful veteran of this industry and is known internationally on domain forums and blogs like Domain Incite. If your view of the majority of members on this 'domainer' forum is 'the small band of vested interests' then it makes perfect sense that you don't much care who Snoopy is. We, on the other hand, do.
Then I look forward to Snoopy telling me who he/she is and what they want to see happen to auDA. As I have written, nobody has so far told me what exactly is wrong with the way in which domain names are being secured... http://theluckygeneral.biz/2018/07/03/auda-latest-all-quiet-on-the-western-front-for-now-at-least/

snoopy

Top Contributor
My views are my own. My position is simple. I want auDA reformed along the lines of the report from DoCA. No vested interests and no rent-seekers controlling the board.

Once again you are avoiding the question.

Who is paying you?
What is your actual role with auDa and/or Afilias?
How much as you being paid?

Laurie Patton

Mr Patton is not from this industry, he has been called in to work for Afilias.
What exactly is the "industry" to which you refer? Surely the allocation of Internet domain names is not an industry per se, or perhaps it is for the rent-seekers hoarding domain names and profiteering from their resale. BTW, I spent three years running Internet Australia and fighting for #BetterBroadband. auDA was one of our organisational members.So I have not exactly been flown in from outer space.

snoopy

Top Contributor

Laurie Patton

Once again you are avoiding the question.

Who is paying you?
What is yor annual salary? How many houses do you own, boats, cars, bicycles. Oh, I just remembered, I don't care!

snoopy

Top Contributor
What exactly is the "industry" to which you refer? Surely the allocation of Internet domain names is not an industry per se, or perhaps it is for the rent-seekers hoarding domain names and profiteering from their resale. BTW, I spent three years running Internet Australia and fighting for #BetterBroadband. auDA was one of our organisational members.So I have not exactly been flown in from outer space.

Laurie, you have nothing to do with the domain name industry other than being employed as paid promoter to push Afilias's and auDA's agenda.

Let me know when you can answer the questions (which I must have asked you half a dozen times today an you ran away from on domainincite)

Why are these questions so hard you you to answer?

Who is paying you?

Laurie Patton

1. As disclosed regularly, I am advising Afilias. Read my LinkedIn site. I advise many people / organisations!
2. As above.
3. None of your business.

snoopy

Top Contributor
1. As disclosed regularly, I am advising Afilias. Read my LinkedIn site. I advise many people / organisations!
2. As above.
3. None of your business.

Laurie, what is you actual role? i.e. What does "advising Affilias" mean when you are attacking the CEO of Ausregistry (who just lost a contract to your client a few days ago) and posting political messages about Afilias and auDA? How can you be getting paid by them and then somehow have unbiased views on them?

Laurie Patton

Laurie, what is you actual role? i.e. What does "advising Affilias" mean when you are attacking the CEO of Ausregistry (who just lost a contract to your client a few days ago) and posting political messages about Afilias and auDA?
I haven't attacked anyone. I merely noted that he admitted voting a certain way in order, he thought, to secure his job. That's not an attack. Just a statement of fact. Res Ipsa Loquitur.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I haven't attacked anyone. I merely noted that he admitted voting a certain way in order, he thought, to secure his job. That's not an attack. Just a statement of fact. Res Ipsa Loquitur.

You jumped on it at the first opportunity you got, posting on domainincite, posting here, avoiding questions about being paid by Afiias.

How come you weren’t weighing into this debate before Afilias (and/or auDA) started paying you? First time I see you pos a comment is a story about your client and their competitor.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
What exactly is the "industry" to which you refer? Surely the allocation of Internet domain names is not an industry per se, or perhaps it is for the rent-seekers hoarding domain names and profiteering from their resale.

Don't be so stupid, but if you are grab a pen and paper.
Industry = Domain Registration Market, I believe a couple of Billion Dollar Enterprises are operating within it...Afilias, Neustar, DN8, MLB, each relies on recruiting new speculators. Subsequently, Aftermarket platforms, Netfleet, Drop...etc are intrinsic to distribution along with thousands of Investors having an interest in the Domain Registration Market for their own business, all thanks to the industry participants.

Scott7

Top Contributor
Only the small band of vested interests the department wants countered.
What exactly is the "industry" to which you refer? Surely the allocation of Internet domain names is not an industry per se, or perhaps it is for the rent-seekers hoarding domain names and profiteering from their resale.
If these quotes are an accurate representation of how you regard domain name investors then you have just alienated yourself from the majority of members on this forum.

Laurie Patton

Nah. What you describe is a sub-set of an industry at best. A quantum of money exchanged does not an industry make. And who are you and what are your interests, vested or otherwise? You see, all these antagonistic exchanges simpy prove the point that underpins the DoCA report. A bunch of people looking after their own interests. And too many keyboard cowards not prepared to say who they are.

findtim

Top Contributor
Then I look forward to Snoopy telling me who he/she is
laurie you and i talked about this on monday night at the end of the CMWG meeting and agreed we both feel the same about people hiding behind "anonymous" but seriously if you don't know snoopy !!! where have you been?

i even mentioned to you i am known as "findtim" , i think everyone knows my email address and phone number, most likely where i live !
i would hope that anyone, not just you, would do some research and find out who the posters are ( if they want to be identified) and their historical view....... before making comments based on assumptions, thats what i do, snoopy, findtim, jimboot, domainnames...... and the list goes on are all open to people knowing who we are , it isn't that difficult to track most but frankly some feel the need to stay anonymous as they honestly fear kickback if they make comments. the fear is not my words its people who speak to me.

i like you use your own name, i don't as i just like "findtim" and its been one of my email addresses since 1997, but on joining dntrade i made it quite clear who i was, never hiding.

so this post isn't just about you laurie, it is i feel good advice for anyone on the forum, dntrade has always been a solid membership supportive base and we have had our trolls but we have removed them over the years, we also respect peoples right to be anonymous if they chose because many times somethings just NEED to be said honestly without kickback........... god knows i have been the brunt of many of those !

tim

note: i have nothing to do with dnt and its policies, nor do i have any admin login rights to dnt.

Laurie Patton

Thanks Tim. Well put. Part of the problem you inferentially identify, and which is at the heart of the issue, is that I don't know who everyone is but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to a viewpoint, as some seem to imply. You say that "everyone knows my email address and phone number". No, only those who are part of the clique. The DoCA report, for better or for worse, identifues a serious problem in that the domain names "industry"(and auDA) has for years been rife with perceived conflicts of interest. I reckon Monday's event was a great success and in the end I'm confident a good outcome will result. But I also think that a more transparency from the auDA critics might be a good thing.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Hey Laurie did Afilias pay for your auDA membership?

Do you think it's a good idea that Afilias employees are demand class members?

Do you think it's a good idea that foreign employees of Afilias get to vote for the new membership model at the next AGM?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo