What's new

Important Changes to our Auction format

neddy

Top Contributor
Netfleet what's happened to you over the years.. You've left many Speechless and lost a lot of once loyal customers

I prefer "gobsmacked" to "speechless". :) Given Anthony has a new addition to the family, this may be appropriate.

findtim

Top Contributor
lets put this into perspective.

this is not a "dropped the ball " moment and it has nothing to do with Anthony's new arrival as that is a special moment and I would not take that away from anyone.

what this is IS a calculated strategic move planned months in advance for whatever reason the powers at be are thinking, lets not trash Anthony as I think he is just doing what he is told to do? or is Anthony in control ??, this was just bad timing, bad decisions, bad PR, ohhhh should I continue with the "bad" analogue ??

funny how analogue starts with "anal" ?

lets see how this week pans out?

ohhh, 9.01pm just got an email from netfleet, they are still happy to debit my account from todays DOOMSDAY AUCTION

:)

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
lets not trash Anthony as I think he is just doing what he is told to do? or is Anthony in control ??, this was just bad timing, bad decisions, bad PR, ohhhh should I continue with the "bad" analogue ??

No one is "trashing" Anthony. (I prefer to call it constructive criticism). He's a nice guy - but he's not in control. Others are.

But the fact remains is that he is the voice of Netfleet - particularly since Fleur "departed". Let us not forget he is the "General Manager".

We no longer see Mark or David Lye on here; nor do we have any comment from the 50% partner NetRegistry - so Anthony is the go to man.

Netfleet are a business - and we are the consumers. We have a right to express an opinion - and we are entitled to a response. We may not like the response - but we should get one. That's how good businesses work.

Imho.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
That opens a door for someone to build a domain sales database to scrape this short-lived info. I'm sure people would pay a premium for sales data. Though perhaps that already exists?

James - We have been publishing sales data for years (before Netfleet and Drop even existed it was on DomainerIncome).

Check DomainSalesApp.com (it's free) and IPNeighborhood (Paid - See Auction Intelligence, has a lot more info).

At the end of the day we get feeds from multiple markets and private buyers and sellers. The data is out there and it helps the industry value domains and websites.

Hope it helps.

Simon

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
In relation to the proposed NF changes, let's see how it all works out! This industry thrives on innovation and it's good to see companies trying new things. If you don't try, you never know.

I'm actually excited about it. :)

Simon

morganp

Can't say i am a fan of the changes but we will see. Good luck to the team at NetFleet, they are all very smart and nice people.

My philosophy is 'If it ain't broken, dont fix/replace it' but that's just me.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi All

I understand our new auction format is quite different on the face of it compared to previous formats. We're doing this obviously to try and grow our business and revenue, which if effective, we will roll out in the AMA for your domains.

If it doesn't work, we will of course change the format, and either go back to previous, or try a new format. If Snoopy and a few others are right, then you'll get some cheap domains for a while, but that's a risk we are willing to take. Plus, we're bound to mess up some buy now prices, so keen eyes will probably grab a bargain!

Just remember, all you have to do is enter the price you are prepared to pay for the domain and thats it. There's nothing underhand (or even corrupt as has been suggested!) - it's just a new format we're trialing, like we did for our September special. If you are unsure - put in a lower price than you would be prepared to pay. Our new format we hope will have benefits for retail clients providing a simpler format to understand. It also stops people targeting our domains - especially when we've marketed a specific domain to an end user that no one else would want - only for it to get snapped up by Drop.

Anyhow, it's just a trial and it's very hard to know if this will be good or bad, but we think it's important to try new things.

Thanks
Mark

duncan22

Mark,

Just wondering why the very useful, search volume and domain authority metrics have been removed? Surely they were doing no harm and would not have a negative effect on this new bidding system?

Thanks,
- Duncan

findtim

Top Contributor
It also stops people targeting our domains - especially when we've marketed a specific domain to an end user that no one else would want - only for it to get snapped up by Drop.

great to have you here, and trials are good, ignoring the debate I feel isn't.

i'm going to try to say this in the nicest possible way , .......... since when did a domain become "our domains" ?

you just stated put your highest bid in, so make your clients do the same and you will have no problems.

I NEVER buy a domain I don't want, nor do I think anyone else does ? so this comment doesn't make sense to me.

i'm feeling bad that you finally come on dnt and I make these comments, but I feel they need to be said.

you are trying to get rid of snipers, EASY, bid higher, but you don't have to change the whole structure, just BID HIGHER.

am I missing something?

tim

Mark

Top Contributor
Just a quick update - we will absolutely be adding back in metrics, favourites/watch lists and making the page clear as to your offer status at the close of auction. In our haste to get the new platform live these features took a back seat.

This will take a day or two max

Thanks
Mark

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
To be honest I'm not even bothering with Netfleet at the moment. I was over at Drop today. Hand-reg a geo that others missed so I was happy. :)

peterpan

Netfleet New System

This is my first post. I agree with the majority sentiment that Netfleet have a terrible bidding system. Did anybody notice that there was a bid for $1800 for divorcelaw.com.au on Netfleet but sold for $6 on Drop quite a disparity.

If I have no idea what someone else is bidding I will bid low or not at all. I would suspect that most people, assuming Netfleet continues with its "experiment" would monitor prices on Drop and bid something similar on Netfleet.

However some domain bids today did not prove to be the case, divorcelaw.com.au being the prime example.

I do not think that not showing values below $1000 will negatively affect domain values in the long term. I understand that the domainers are few and already have a rough idea on pricing. I would hazard a guess and say that most domains 'bought' on Netfleet or Drop are NOT resold to the same people who buy on those sites.

Domainers are most likely to sell to non-domainers who would not have kept a price-history on sales.

By the way I cannot understand why auda does not prevent the two auction sites from withholding any domains from the drop-list auction. Halal.com.au being an example.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Netfleet You've left many speechless with your changes over the years and lost a lot of once loyal customers.

The website was free for people to sell on at the start and Standard listings did ok for both buyers and sellers in a good aftermarket with auda's blessing.

Renewals via Netregistry ( even when registered or caught via netfleet.com.au) at twice other companies was a grab for money

you put in place 8% for people to sell names ( was free once) and made it near impossible for anyone to sell besides yourselves

The list goes on.. the latest change to the daily drops is the last straw for most.

Many tried to offer their input here but it's obvious noone's input is listened to or has any use anyway.

Sad to see a company many helped support, promote and grow change so much.
Fair go mate... don't hate them for trying to make a living.

I've sold dozens of domains via the NetFleet catalogue since the change - 90% of NetFleet changes have generally been positive (of course that hasn't stopped me having my fair share of "suggestions").

:D

However, in spite of my many suggestions, 8% to handle all the administration of a domain sale is GREAT VALUE in my opinion!

Netfleet are a business - and we are the consumers. We have a right to express an opinion - and we are entitled to a response. We may not like the response - but we should get one. That's how good businesses work.
Whilst I agree you have a right to an opinion, I don't think it extends to deserving a response - good businesses don't respond to opinions, they respond to dollars.

Businesses live in the world of capitalism - democracy by dollars - everyday we vote with our dollars and how we spend them - everyone is entitled to vote for whoever you want with your dollars - who wins the election stays in business.

And the dollars flow to those who provide the most value.

Your badgering of NetFleet is liken to asking a government to change all their policies 48 hours before an election and before the votes have even been counted...

In relation to the proposed NF changes, let's see how it all works out! This industry thrives on innovation and it's good to see companies trying new things. If you don't try, you never know.

I'm actually excited about it.
Well said!

And me too!

;)

I understand our new auction format is quite different on the face of it compared to previous formats. We're doing this obviously to try and grow our business and revenue, which if effective, we will roll out in the AMA for your domains.
Best news I've heard all day!

If it doesn't work, we will of course change the format, and either go back to previous, or try a new format.
Makes sense to me.

Anyhow, it's just a trial and it's very hard to know if this will be good or bad, but we think it's important to try new things.
Best of luck with it.

findtim

Top Contributor
good businesses don't respond to opinions, they respond to dollars

where do you live ?? never never land ?

have you heard of facebook? and how opinions are bringing companies back to "the people"

"tecoma mcdonalds" search it, its just up the road from me, one of my daughters school mates mother desided to have her 7th birthday party at McDonalds narre warren, all the mum's facebooked that they will NOT attend because of the tecoma debate.

the mum changed location of birthday party !

small demonstartion YES, but opinions = dollars

drip, drip, pour, rain, hail, snow, dam bursts, flood, cyclone, tsunami

tim

domainlover

Top Contributor
Chris the reality is you hardly ever buy on the drops so it doesn't really affect you so you can wax lyrical about businesses not needing to care about their clients opinions and even start believing it yourself.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Chris the reality is you hardly ever buy on the drops so it doesn't really affect you so you can wax lyrical about businesses not needing to care about their clients opinions and even start believing it yourself.
I like to think I have a firm grip of reality - yes I don't buy as many domains as I used to - but doesn't mean I don't buy domains - I've bought 14 domains so far this month (which is probably more than 97% of the people on these forums who crying like spoilt children ignorant of the realities of business and change)...

Do I wish the free ride wasn't over - yes - but it's not all downside and with change will come opportunity.

And more importantly than that I feel "grateful for" rather than "entitled to" NetFleet's services.

There are too many people in this thread tripping over their own egos and beliefs their opinion means something or that they are providing some sort of service or value that they really aren't.

NetFleet's going to do what it's going to do. Everyone else should just adapt and get on with it.

:cool:

where do you live ?? never never land ?
Right... it's me that lives in never never land...

:rolleyes:

ANYWAY

Moving onto far more important matters - NetFleet - since you aren't displaying bids anymore or recording the results - when will we know if this new system is performing better? Also will you be releasing any results? You know me I love to see data...

...and I'd love to see the AMA back online and achieving better results than ever.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo