What's new

Important Changes to our Auction format

findtim

Top Contributor
Just can't wait to see how this is going to work? it seems a really good name that should attract a few bidders could still be listed on the 4th page ? so that doesn't show up anywhere? does it stay on page 4 or does it move to first page once a bid is placed although not seen.

as people put their "tenders" in does the domain move up the list?

so that all the $11 bids are listed first? above all the $10 bids? or will that be random?

so many questions.

-----

"hi guys, come play our game.... can't tell you the rules except " we hate snipers " , other then that bid high and then bid higher.

the highest bidder will win, that's guaranteed, well maybe, but whatever happens rest assured you paid the best price ( for us ) , if in doubt i'd suggest you use our BIM system, or our BOM ( back order maybe ) system, both great value.

So if you do all that and you win we will tell you ( as we will bill you ) if you don't ummm well your money wasn't worth our effort as we only deal with "clients"

Happy tendering "

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
I don't know why you are whinging about the buy it maybe part, they already say..

The domain names listed below are NO RESERVE AUCTIONS. This is the last chance to secure these domain names ahead of your competitors as the auction ends today. If there are any bids on a domain name - they WILL SELL to the highest bidder come close of auction.

Which is just as misleading IMO. If they don't catch the domain they are not sold to the highest bidder come close of auction.

To me it's no different.

netik

Interesting to see what happens at tomorrows auction/tender :)
To add to the insult I lost like 3-4 domains in the past 3 months when I was a winning bidder on netfleet. Just more incentive to move to Drop...

findtim

Top Contributor
Interesting to see what happens at tomorrows auction/tender :)
To add to the insult I lost like 3-4 domains in the past 3 months when I was a winning bidder on netfleet. Just more incentive to move to Drop...

well that's just your fault :rolleyes: there are millions of posts that say "BID ON BOTH "

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
however once the new auction starts, we will only publish sales over $1,000.

so once it goes over $1000 you will show bids ? is that correct?

2,754 views on this thread SO FAR and next to nothing from NF :confused:

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
dear netfleet.

have you considered that people like me actually get the BEST price for you ? you are looking at glass half empty when you should be looking that if it wasn't for domainers your sales WILL BE lower.
sure i may only pay $1 over the underbidder but think like that i paid $1 MORE then the possible price today !
"an empty airplane seat will never be sold when the plane takes off"
you made an extra $500 maybe? out of me today, i saved $100, ( on my proxy ) don't be greedy !
tim

jamesau

so once it goes over $1000 you will show bids ? is that correct?

I believe this is essentially saying the historical sales data will no longer have sales under $1000. The sales prices will be visible for all domains until the next auction opens, giving a window of maybe an hour to review the results?

That opens a door for someone to build a domain sales database to scrape this short-lived info. I'm sure people would pay a premium for sales data. Though perhaps that already exists?

I definitely find some of the BIN prices laughable today but in fairness it will take time to find a sensible ground.

And hopefully the removal of filtering and exporting is just a developer teething issue. Understandable that the first version of this new system would have flaws given the small development team.

neddy

Top Contributor
Their bat and ball; their game. They can make the rules and demand everyone play by them.

But they may find others not as keen to participate any more (on a regular basis).

Call me a grumpy old bugger, but for no one from Netfleet (apart from a "silent shareholder") to have responded to any of the questions
posed in the past 10 days is simply very strange corporate behaviour - imho.

neddy

Top Contributor
Just by the way, according to their support centre, we can still make proxy bids. Yippee!

Even though they don't respond to our posts, I'm sure they are still reading. Let's see how long it takes to change. ;)

http://www.netfleet.com.au/support-centre/40/Bids-and-Offers-on-Netfleet.html

Attachments

• Netfleet Terms.jpg
    Netfleet Terms.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 77

findtim

Top Contributor
ohhh surely they wouldn't spend time updating their terms before replying to the dnt thread, OR even updating their terms and NOT replying to the dnt thread :eek:

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Netfleet You've left many speechless with your changes over the years and lost a lot of once loyal customers.

The website was free for people to sell on at the start and Standard listings did ok for both buyers and sellers in a good aftermarket with auda's blessing.

Renewals via Netregistry ( even when registered or caught via netfleet.com.au) at twice other companies was a grab for money

you put in place 8% for people to sell names ( was free once) and made it near impossible for anyone to sell besides yourselves

The list goes on.. the latest change to the daily drops is the last straw for most.

Many tried to offer their input here but it's obvious noone's input is listened to or has any use anyway.

Sad to see a company many helped support, promote and grow change so much.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo