What's new

Draft recommendations from the 2015 Names Policy Panel

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
And of course, you're wrong. The local knitting group is quite likely not eligible for a .asn.au domain since the 2LD is for "incorporated associations, political parties, trade unions, sporting and special interest clubs."

Are you saying the local knitting group isn't a special interest club?

That's just racist!

DomainNames

Top Contributor
And so I'm wondering how many people here bleating on about how the world will end to their "clients", telling them how bad it is they can have a second level domain, but are conflicted because they own a portfolio of .com.au and think they'll lose out. Not their clients. So they're judgement is clouded, to be kind...

And on costs... again, do you really know your businesses? So a small business can easily set up a DNS forward, which I have done, and their clients are none the wiser. This can work for years...

On stationery and other signs etc, well, it would be pretty rare for even the smallest of small businesses not to reprint stationery within a 5 year period and many would repaint etc...

And let's not forget that 41% of domains are in their first 2 years of registration in .au, so there is a lot of churn, new registrations and deletes...

And don't forget the hundreds of thousands of businesses and individuals, if not millions, that will register domains in the future.

Again, this is like spoon-feeding children. I'm prepared to act as a consultant to help you out since you're having problems understanding your business.

How you can post these things and your other previous posts as an Auda Panel Member and author of the Auda newsletter is very disturbing. How did you get get onto the panel and get the contract to write the Auda newsletter.. it really is a concern reading your posts and almost hatred of people on this forum and general registrants.

findtim

Top Contributor
How you can post these things and your other previous posts as an Auda Panel Member and author of the Auda newsletter is very disturbing. How did you get get onto the panel and get the contract to write the Auda newsletter.. it really is a concern reading your posts and almost hatred of people on this forum and general registrants.
it REALLY is a concern IMO, you make good points domainnames, there is definitely severe conflict of interest IMO, you come here and accuse us of only thinking about ourselves but it seems you are just a puppet for auda, " get onto dnt and shut that thread down " but all you have done is fire it up.
" get on dnt and waste their time " , well guess what ! you're not achieving, you are destroying many peoples trust in auda which is on a knifes edge as it is, thats all you are doing.

bottom line is you are just wasting every ones time when you come on here, and maybe that is your purpose, well it isn't working well for you, you are not going to change any ones opinion by abusing us, you've showed your cards and you provide no benefit to the conversation in my view.

i am surprised auda hasn't phoned you and said " HEY....... STOP posting this rubbish " , once again hurting our trust in auda or more so reaffirming auda's agenda to pretend a panel is going to pay attention to the people.

its a farce and a money grab.

tim

David Goldstein

Top Contributor
Meanwhile... members here keep up with the uninformed gibberish... and after all, I only joined in with language that fitted with what had already been used in next to all posts... as for me, I don't speak for the panel or auDA or anyone else. I look at what happens around the world and use that to inform myself. It would be useful if others could do the same.

David Goldstein

Top Contributor
Anyway, now that I have debunked all your arguments for going against allowing second level registrations, what other excuses do you have for opposing them?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Anyway, now that I have debunked all your arguments for going against allowing second level registrations, what other excuses do you have for opposing them?

David you have debunked nothing but your own invalid points. All your posts have done is brought to light many more serious questions and concerns.

You also really should have put on a disclaimer on your posts and possibly signature about your roles on the Auda Panel, author of the Auda Newsletter and that Auda is your client so you say on your own websites etc. This may assist readers to understand the views you are expressing and how they may form your voting intensions and decision making.

You would have to agree it has caused valid concerns about impartiality or at least your wish to be open to listening to others opinions?

snoopy

Top Contributor
You also really should have put on a disclaimer on your posts and possibly signature about your roles on the Auda Panel, author of the Auda Newsletter and that Auda is your client so you say on your own websites etc. This may assist readers to understand the views you are expressing and how they may form your voting intensions and decision making.

LOL. Just yesterday I was searching Google to find out if David Goldstein works for Ausregistry, but there we have it.

findtim

Top Contributor
LOL. Just yesterday I was searching Google to find out if David Goldstein works for Ausregistry, but there we have it.
the story just keeps getting better.
tim
disclaimer: i represent @ 400 domain name owners that have not been told what could be potentially happen to their domain assets.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
97.3% of current Australian domains are .com.au or .net.au.

Demand from individuals and others is virtually non existent and they are currently catered for.

The idea that there is another 3 million domains to be registered (unmet demand) is total bullshit. It's just a shonky move to get scale by the people who sell domains. They will basically double their sales from defensive sales to current owners at no extra cost.

None of these shonks has emailed their current client base but you can bet your bottom dollar as soon as it gets approved that there will be an avalanche of "hey buy the .au version of your current domain".

David Goldstein

Top Contributor
that reminds me of another classic comment

i'll say it again ! i'm not against .au, i'm against the way it would be implemented.
tim
You remind me of Colbert's description of George W. Bush: "what I like about the president is that he believes on Wednesday what he believed on Monday no matter what happened on Tuesday."

David Goldstein

Top Contributor
97.3% of current Australian domains are .com.au or .net.au.

Demand from individuals and others is virtually non existent and they are currently catered for.

The idea that there is another 3 million domains to be registered (unmet demand) is total bullshit. It's just a shonky move to get scale by the people who sell domains. They will basically double their sales from defensive sales to current owners at no extra cost.

None of these shonks has emailed their current client base but you can bet your bottom dollar as soon as it gets approved that there will be an avalanche of "hey buy the .au version of your current domain".

So no matter that international evidence shows you're wrong you'll keep peddling the snake oil...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member