What's new

2017 Board Elections

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Thank you, Neddy and Snoopy. I want to make a positive contribution.
You have my vote.
Nice to see an auDA Board Candidate put in the effort to post and state their position.

...How many others have found their way onto the auDA Board with little or no Domain Name Industry experience over the years is astounding and disturbing...

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Great to see Nicole Murdoch put up her hand. Article on Domainer today.
Thank you, Neddy and Snoopy. I want to make a positive contribution.
Nicole, I think you would make a terrific contribution as a Director of the auDA Board, given your knowledge and experience, and also your willingness to constructively engage with auDA Members.

You'll have one of my votes!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Shane Moore has applied for the "casual vacancy" created by Dr Michaella Richards resignation on Monday.

At the recent Special General Meeting of members, the auDA Board acknowledged that in such an event, candidates should preferably be selected from the particular "membership class" that has become vacant. It was also suggested to them that they should look at who came 3rd in the last election.

Following that logical progression, Shane fits the bill in both instances. Let's hope that common sense prevails at auDA - and that they are indeed listening to their members.

Article on Domainer today.

AUDA, the villagers are getting restless on this issue! It takes over a month to appoint someone for a role that only has 2-3 months to run? Are they stalling?

findtim

Top Contributor
fair call
i am literally heading into the city right now for the final interview.
sorry for the delay all i can say is i have been trying to get it done as soon as we could.
no there is no stalling, i am the person organising it so there's no BS here.

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/auda-casual-board-vacancy.11604/page-2#post-88472

Interesting to see the reference to .nz and .uk. Why did auDA choose to quote that? How many .com.au, .net.au, .uk and .nz names does Ian own and is he fully versed in the facts about those extensions success, who registered them and why( defensive registrations verses new registrants and real growth?)

"Mr Halson brings to the Board a mix of technical and commercial expertise and a decade of experience as a demand class member. An owner of domain names across .com.au and .net.au, he is familiar with other namespaces including the .nz and .uk ccTLDs."

findtim

Top Contributor
oh look domainnames thats nit picking, you read it how you will, the sentence is meant that ian doesn't have blinkers on in an international industry.
don't put words into other peoples mouths and just stick to the point.
for someone that doesn't want to nominate and stand up, be counted you sure have a lot to say ! talk about trying to steal a thread once again.

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
oh look domainnames thats nit picking, you read it how you will, the sentence is meant that ian doesn't have blinkers on in an international industry.
don't put words into other peoples mouths and just stick to the point.
for someone that doesn't want to nominate and stand up, be counted you sure have a lot to say ! talk about trying to steal a thread once again.

tim

Shane was the backed and most suitable candidate... but again with the auDA fun and games...

auDA, auDA Directors, including you need to stop trying to censor people.... and start answering questions...

Resign and I will probably nominate...

IMO you and Simon as Demand Class Directors are not speaking loud enough for real demand class members and the millions of .,au registrant consumers out there and you seemed to go along with many of the last years poor Board decisions ( some overturned).

snoopy

Top Contributor
Shane was the backed and most suitable candidate... but again with the auDA fun and games...

This is what it comes down to in my view.

If domainers want seats at the table then it needs to be a combined voice, not this kind of shenanigans again where someone else decides to run anyway.

With this kind of thing is going on we have a much lower chance of holding seats. Shall we throw in a few more candidates at the AGM and they can get 12 votes each?

findtim

Top Contributor
i have stated i am for a member voted replacement system and i will be addressing that, it just wasn't possible this time.
a board elected director has a different criteria to a member voted director, we have to look at the skills and past experience not just popularity.
members are then free to vote at this election to change that.

you just can't go past ians 20 years in the industry and frankly i'm amazed no one has said congratulations to ian !!!

snoopy's got it right, which was proven last year, a 3 pack doesn't work, its plainly obvious demand members need to be united just like any organisation.

domainnames i don't need to stand aside, you just have to get more votes then me, simple.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members