What's new

This Is Embarrassing auDA

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
I don't own any .au domains in my own name, can I still apply for membership? I looked through auda website, but cold not find clear criteria for membership, only "Membership of auDA is open to all stakeholders of the Australian domain name system."
You are Australian and are thus a stakeholder. No need to own a domain.

If you really want get one get an id.au :p

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
From the auDA constitution:

"9.7 Application for Membership
An application for membership must be made in the form approved by the Board from time to time, provided that each such application must contain:
a. an undertaking on the part of the applicant to be bound by auDA's Constitution;
b. the postal address and electronic mail address of the applicant;
c. adequate particulars of the applicant's qualifications for membership;
d. if the applicant is an Organisation, the name of the Organisation's proposed Nominee(s); and
e. the signature (or where applicable, the seal) of the applicant, or such other form of authentication (electronic or otherwise) approved by the Board from time to time."

Nope, no code of conduct.

However, in the auDA new member applications:

"As a condition of auDA membership, I agree that
1. I will be bound by the auDA Constitution
2. My member name and membership class may be published on a list of auDA members
3. I will be bound by the Member Code of Conduct"

Whaaat?!? Isn't that just a little unconstitutional and more than a little dictatorial?

Scumbags!

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor
I don't own any .au domains in my own name, can I still apply for membership? I looked through auda website, but cold not find clear criteria for membership, only "Membership of auDA is open to all stakeholders of the Australian domain name system."

I'd be surprised if new AUDA member "Eric S Johnson" owns any domains so I'd say you are fine joining.

snoopy

Top Contributor
If the fake code of conduct isn't in the constitution how can it be enforceable?

I don't think it is enforceable, I suspect it is about a couple of things

• Trying to lower the level of member dissent by bring it in, i.e. threat of "we can terminate your membership" hovers over everyone's heads
  • Trying to put off domainers renewing or joining

neddy

Top Contributor
Josh Rowe posted the below in another thread - I think it should also get another mention here. If the current auDA Board is so arrogant that they think they can get away with their current conduct, then we should tell them no. We need to do whatever it takes to get hold of past Minutes / Agendas / Reports etc. In my opinion of course. I've donated to the GoFund campaign - I hope others will to. Even if it's just $10.

"I have raised a FOI request for all the past auDA board minutes, agendas and reports. The Australian Government say it will cost $657 to provide them, so here's the campaign to raise the money:
https://www.gofundme.com/foi-auda-board-minutes-reports
Anything you are able to contribute - no matter how small - will help improve the transparency of auDA."

neddy

Top Contributor
The GoFundMe campaign is doing well. https://www.gofundme.com/foi-auda-board-minutes-reports

I just noticed that a "SB" donated $50. Stuart Benjamin - Chair of auDA? ;) LOL!

neddy

Top Contributor
I see a certain little $22 donation on the GoFundMe campaign - symbolic in its amount! :)

Now I know it's Sunday, but I just had to publish a couple of auDA related cartoons. It's in relation to the "spin" and effort they put into their most recent newsletter (re the removal of Board Minutes; communication & transparency etc); and the reaction afterwards.

It's the classic "Before and After" reaction ...

Plotting The Strategy

The next is the reaction to the new communication and transparency policy (theirs and ours)

neddy

Top Contributor
auDA's latest attempt to silence critics by threatening their ongoing membership is truly embarrassing. And it's also unconstitutional in my opinion (many lawyers agree).

I've written about it on Domainer today.

Not sure which one is Tim - given every Board decision is apparently unanimous these days, they all appear to be clones. ;)

snoopy

Top Contributor
Little doubt that it is unconstitutional Ned, I'd love to know what AUDA lawyers and directors were thinking when they thought they could simply pass that code and usurp a whole section of the constitution that covers removal of members.

Scott7

Top Contributor
Blonde now, Tim? Just accept your hair the way it is and stick with one style, colour and volume, please. :)
An board full of Tim clones. o_O So much discussion of Wordpress plugins has never been heard in one place.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I am sure they will not change their ways..They are hiding something.. Let's see if the documents are censored with black....

upload_2017-5-16_1-3-4.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-16_1-2-47.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-16_1-2-47.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 3

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Seemingly an auDA Board Director has now expanded their auDA censorship agenda to dntrade.com.au by flagging posts to the admin to have them also censored or deleted...?
It was easy to work out who when you where noted logged in at the same time and the post which was flagged :)...

Doubtful you will be voted back in this year since you backed the unanimous auDA censorships and deletion of material recently everyone is speaking up about.

I hear someone who speaks out will be running this years for the election. Let's hope they can get around the auDA censorship muting and keep speaking up.. They may have more supply and demand experience than most people on the board or on the auDA payroll which will be a useful change.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
anyone can join auDA in demand. You do not even need an au name..Why not do what some in Supply do? Get all your family, friends, pets ( ?) any sort of related entity you can to all join up to help you get more votes on a policy or board member you want voted in :). Hey if you get 80 of them you can buy yourself you own auDA board seat!?

chris

Top Contributor
Seemingly an auDA Board Director has now expanded their auDA censorship agenda to dntrade.com.au by flagging posts to the admin to have them also censored or deleted....

We’ve had *multiple members* reporting your posts.

You're welcome to post, however your posts will be moderated if you break the forum rules. We’ve asked you privately this evening to follow the DNTrade rules, in particular refer to “WHAT NOT TO DO!“:

https://www.dntrade.com.au/blog/dntrade-rules/

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members