What's new

SEO Challenge

James

Top Contributor
thanks James
you are 100% right.
It was mainly to show how to use a tool to analyze backlinks. SPyGlass is not 100% there....

thanks for all the valid points, you are one of the true Jedi Masters out there. love your work.
Cheers

thanks for the kind words, yet I am not a Jedi just a Inbound Marketing Professional =)

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
So I'm Back!

At the first little cycle of link building it has been done and now we are moving to the next stage :

Contextual link building.

The magic link inside the content.
That's what we want.
For this.... you may ask:
how do you do it?

And the answer is:
I pay.
Simple. Cold but practical.

You pay to post inside blogs...
call it blog network. call it guest posting.

the reality is.... I'm not going to go out there and beg for a blog post, specially in a super-boring topic as supperannuation guide. (ooops sorry did I drop a link there?)

So the faster way is to pay for it, get access to sites where you can post UNIQUE content and start getting some "slow" links ....

and

Trusted Links

Trusted links... is my own term (sorry I'm not an SEOMoz Tech nerd so I don't use SEO gurus terms) but mainly it's what I call links from "trusted" sites... and that type of links I want to create/get are mainly blogroll links.
Although blogroll links are not "HUGE" BUT in some authority sites, they can really improve ranking.

many web design companies and SEO companies use these type of links all the freaking time in their customers footers...
:p A bit cheeky I know.

Mainly the power of these links is that they replicate in each page , so if the link is in the footer and the footer in in each page... it's one link in each page.

Obviously Mr Google knows the links is not "unique" but still passes some love.
So in this case I'm going to "cheat" a bit and add some links in some of my existing sites to see what happens....

I will just post it in 3 sites, my own blog , a generic Web blog and a financial blog.
I believe that the topic of the blog doesn't make a clear difference (yet) to ranking factors (at least not with Google - it does with Bing) so having 3 blogrolls coming from there it's SAFE enough.

I will make a video soon showing a bit of the process...

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
1st for SuperAnnuation Guide? (no idea lack of sleep here)

My 2 year old decided that SEO sucks and has decided to wake up at 4:00 am each day for the last week....

I'm loosing my mind and you can see it in my new VIDEO

http://vzaar.tv/912264

neddy

Top Contributor
Well done Gab - and thanks again for the video. :)

For me, superannuationguide.com.au is now position 4 on Page 1. Terrific.

As you say, now comes the harder ones.

Cheers, Ned

P.S. 2 year olds grow up very quickly to become unresponsive teenagers. So savour the early years. ;)

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Ohhh It's monday! and new ranking update

Position 18th for "self managed super"

Image below

Because I know you are ULTRA Excited (are you?)
Post a comment under here and I will be sending you a lovely gift via PM
An SEO gift
(yes, I'm trying to get the longest and most popular Thread in history of DNTRADE)

I will be doing this SEO challenge until the 15th of March when I'm leaving to Fiji.

how far away do you think the site will go?

acheeva

Top Contributor
Guys, are you able to give some guidance as to how the change in ranking has affected the revenue that is being derived from the site (just broad terms)

At the end of the day that is what this is all about?

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi Gab, really enjoying the series so far (admittedly I haven't been able to watch the last two videos because my connection has been choppy lately). Quick question, I'm trying to work on the SEO for a branded site and achieving contextual links on other sites is proving difficult because everyone is just linking from the branded term. Do you have any tips on how we can achieve more contextual links without grey hat tactics that may land the brand in hot water? Guest posts are on my list of things to do, but is there anything else?

Thanks again.

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Confused

Guys, are you able to give some guidance as to how the change in ranking has affected the revenue that is being derived from the site (just broad terms)

Have you even check the site?

there is no revenue stream in this site.
This is about : ranking a site, not about making money with a site.

Last edited:

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Hi Gab, really enjoying the series so far (admittedly I haven't been able to watch the last two videos because my connection has been choppy lately). Quick question, I'm trying to work on the SEO for a branded site and achieving contextual links on other sites is proving difficult because everyone is just linking from the branded term. Do you have any tips on how we can achieve more contextual links without grey hat tactics that may land the brand in hot water? Guest posts are on my list of things to do, but is there anything else?

Thanks again.

Hi Ash
"grey" is a strange color....:rolleyes:
You can try the contextual link with blog posts (buying blog posts)
or active Press Release.
Also you may consider Article marketing but instead of "sending to articles" convert it in PDF file and send it to PDF sharing sites (to spice the link building a bit)

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Gab - do PDFs water down the benefits of SEO at all or are the search engines able to read them just as easily? I was always under the impression PDFs weren't quite as good (sounds like I was mistaken in that belief?)

neddy

Top Contributor

Have you even check the site?

there is no revenue stream in this site.
This is about : ranking a site, not about making money with a site.

What Gab is diplomatically trying to say is that all the Adsense was taken off at the beginning of this project. ;)

This was to help with getting the ranking back up there quickly. Maybe Gab can elaborate as to the technical reasons / strategy behind this.

Once back on top, monetisation will again be looked at (and perhaps not just Adsense).

I know when it was ranking on page one, I had some occasional pearler days on Adsense.

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Thanks Gab - do PDFs water down the benefits of SEO at all or are the search engines able to read them just as easily? I was always under the impression PDFs weren't quite as good (sounds like I was mistaken in that belief?)

May be it does. But who cares? :p
the point is... link build without thinking about how effective is it?

Example: I submit the site to 1500 directories.
Effective?
No freaking idea.
But I do it... because better to do it than not to do it.

So use it, and then move to another system...

What Gab is diplomatically trying to say is that all the Adsense was taken off at the beginning of this project. ;)

This was to help with getting the ranking back up there quickly. Maybe Gab can elaborate as to the technical reasons / strategy behind this.

Once back on top, monetisation will again be looked at (and perhaps not just Adsense).

I know when it was ranking on page one, I had some occasional pearler days on Adsense.

I'm a true believe Google hates MFA sites (Made for Adsense sites) and my own paranoid theory is putting Adsense on a site that goes from zero to top ranking to fast, is the fastest way to get unrequested attention from Google.

I will love to put some "serious data" in this comment, but is just one of that things.... "a feeling" that doing SEO without adsense always seem to work better, than with adsense.

Once a site is ranking, has authority, history, etc... go for your life and put adsense. But until then, what's the point? 0.50 cents per day? :confused:

payattention

Archived Member
Lack of content, age, authority etc etc are far more likely culprits for affecting rank than displaying Adsense. Considering the display network makes up a large chunk of Google's profit, they will never do anything that would put rising profits at risk. You've only got to look at how boxed in the organic results are now for proof of that.

It was only last month that Google introduced an above the fold ad heavy penalty. Pretty much puts to bed any "feeling" you may have.

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
feelings

my feelings are based on the experience of someone who used to make 50K per year with Adsense.

Do you know what a visual inspection is?
Do you know what Google Adsense team in fact visually inspects sites?

payattention

Archived Member
I would think if you were making 50k a year with Adsense that you would be able to discuss a bit more than just your "feelings". I'm sure it's a rough ride to go from 50k Adsense income to giving away free SEO services; my condolences.

I'd only make the argument that it could affect rankings if you were impacted by last months above the fold algo change; remove/rejig the ads from a site that was hit and you might pop back up in a few days/weeks/months time. But that isn't what's going on here in this thread so it's not worth discussing.

I'm not sure why you brought up manual reviews and inspections. It's not SEO secret sauce that Google does human reviews. Maybe for some people it is? I've got a feeling that some people are idiots.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member