What's new

SEO Challenge

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
I would think if you were making 50k a year with Adsense that you would be able to discuss a bit more than just your "feelings". I'm sure it's a rough ride to go from 50k Adsense income to giving away free SEO services; my condolences.

I'd only make the argument that it could affect rankings if you were impacted by last months above the fold algo change; remove/rejig the ads from a site that was hit and you might pop back up in a few days/weeks/months time. But that isn't what's going on here in this thread so it's not worth discussing.

I'm not sure why you brought up manual reviews and inspections. It's not SEO secret sauce that Google does human reviews. Maybe for some people it is? I've got a feeling that some people are idiots.

going to 50K per year to free ride is not a rough ride.
Doing it to help a small charity, it's actually a nice thing.

But my wife doesn't think is a rough ride to go from 5 figures to 6 just from selling SEO services.

What i don't know is why you are so aggressive ... if you need a hug, let me know. :rolleyes:

The reason why I believe it can affect ranking is because I believe the algorithm can detect a fast increase in links from Adsense sites and flag them as MFA sites.

Adsense has it's own crawler and once you put adsense each site gets
"index" by Google slightly faster.
By adding adsense in a brand new site, you are showing your intention to Google straight anyway, and it's put in the MFA inspection folder.

why did I mention manual inspection?
Because it can affect SEO.
how?
Easy. The site gets manually slapped.
Any action that can affect the ranking of a site needs to be consider.

but hey! may be I'm just one of that idiots you mention in your post!
what do I really know? :D

~~~ keep the good vibe ~~~

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Interesting points being brought up. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start new threads instead of turning this one into a 'my handbag is better than yours' argument.

PS - do I still get my SEO pressie?

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Interesting points being brought up. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start new threads instead of turning this one into a 'my handbag is better than yours' argument.

PS - do I still get my SEO pressie?

All good.
I know that Jonathan was trying to make a valid point here, and in this space we all love to be passionate .

In fact I think we got diverted of the topic.
anyway

it seems while all this happened the ranking of the site moved to position 12th

:p funny

see u in a few days (time to work)

payattention

Archived Member
Or just learning?

I agree, it's great for learning. What isn't great for learning is when someone states how much they've made with Adsense to strengthen their argument.

...instead of turning this one into a 'my handbag is better than yours' argument.

He got his handbag out first. I'm always happy to get mine out when necessary :) Neddy already made mention of Gabriel's attitude towards others in this thread before I got involved.

soj

Founder
It's great to have an exchange of views - passionate or otherwise - but please let's keep personal criticism or abuse out of it (implied or stated).

There are a lot of people reading this who genuinely want to learn things, and it's wonderful to have input from all - even if it is a divergent view.

Thanks, Ned

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Oh well...

He got his handbag out first. I'm always happy to get mine out when necessary :) Neddy already made mention of Gabriel's attitude towards others in this thread before I got involved.

OK. I tried to help by offering to do the SEO challenge and even put videos out there. I started this full of good vibe....the fact is, I believe I have any type "negative attitude" so far.

So, may be it's time for me to move on.
Thanks all. (this usually happens when you try to do things for free ... it ends up backfiring)

Lesson learned.
thanks for the nice PM(s) and emails of people willing to help SEOforkids :cool:

acheeva

Top Contributor
The reason why I believe it can affect ranking is because I believe the algorithm can detect a fast increase in links from Adsense sites and flag them as MFA sites.

Adsense has it's own crawler and once you put adsense each site gets
"index" by Google slightly faster.

By adding adsense in a brand new site, you are showing your intention to Google straight anyway, and it's put in the MFA inspection folder.

why did I mention manual inspection?

Because it can affect SEO.

how?

Easy. The site gets manually slapped.

Any action that can affect the ranking of a site needs to be consider.

~~~ keep the good vibe ~~~

This is damn good stuff and I am sure I am not the only one who would like to thank you for the time taken and patience shown in explaining this stuff

payattention

Archived Member
You shot down acheeva for asking a question which is probably one of the most important aspects related to seo (is this going to make me money or will I see no return other than a top ranking), compared sizes with your Adsense earnings and seo sales (and there is no shortage of successful seo snake oil merchants burning clients left and right) when I questioned some of what you said and decide to bail instead of coming to the table because you can't discuss it further without getting off topic.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
This is damn good stuff and I am sure I am not the only one who would like to thank you for the time taken and patience shown in explaining this stuff
I'd like to add that I am really enjoying this post and really appreciate the time you have taken to put this together for us.

soj

Founder
OK. I tried to help by offering to do the SEO challenge and even put videos out there. I started this full of good vibe....the fact is, I believe I have any type "negative attitude" so far.

So, may be it's time for me to move on.
Thanks all. (this usually happens when you try to do things for free ... it ends up backfiring)

Lesson learned.
thanks for the nice PM(s) and emails of people willing to help SEOforkids :cool:

I say again you have done a fantastic job, and lots of people have got great benefit from this. I hope you continue.

You shot down acheeva for asking a question which is probably one of the most important aspects related to seo

I don't think he shot him down at all Jonathan - English is not Gab's first language and maybe he could have written what he said better. But it wasn't malicious. Acheeva is certainly not offended.

I'm happy for you or anyone to challenge Gab - or contribute to the debate - but please, keep it nice, and keep it constructive.

payattention

Archived Member
I'm happy for you or anyone to challenge Gab - or contribute to the debate - but please, keep it nice, and keep it constructive.

Does that imply the thread became derailed because of what I said? I think that's hardly fair but unexpected given you're going to be biased as Gabriel is doing free SEO on a site you own.

I'm happy to keep it nice and constructive but stating you earn xyz amount of money in an attempt to dismiss someone is hardly constructive.

Anyway, I'll cease making any further comments in this thread as it's not my intention to derail or create tension.

soj

Founder
Does that imply the thread became derailed because of what I said? I think that's hardly fair but unexpected given you're going to be biased as Gabriel is doing free SEO on a site you own.

Jonathan, the comment of your's I objected to was the "idiots" one. And I told you that privately as well.

I welcome debate and different views - especially from someone as experienced as you. That's how we all learn
(especially those of us including me who would like to learn). But there is absolutely no need for anyone to refer
to people as idiots, or inject any other personal vitriol. That's all I'm saying.

As for me being biased, well that's probably a bit unfair. Yes I'm very grateful that Gab is doing SEO for me, and the
series of videos for DNT, but in all honesty, the main reason for doing this challenge is to add value to DNT. Look at
the number of views this thread has had. It certainly has been worthwhile for a lot of members.

Oh, and by the way, nothing is really free. While Gab has said he would contribute his services for free, he has asked
for donations to the kids charity in Fiji. I will be making a nice contribution.

Having said all this, if Gab was to "pack up and go home" after some criticism or disagreements with peers, then that
would both surprise and disappoint me.

Ash

Top Contributor
Anyway, I'll cease making any further comments in this thread as it's not my intention to derail or create tension.

I wouldn't like to see that Jonathan. I think this thread needs knowledgeable contributors to keep the discussion multifaceted.

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
anyway, Jonathan, please contribute.

I will come back in a few days with a new video.

Apologies if I sounded "to rough" Jonathan, I guess the whole latino blood always gets involved .

Anyway, all good.
let's see if we can take the site to 1st page

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
a new day...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online