What's new

Drops today - October 2012

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
DogsOnline.com.au for $1521 on NF... quite a surprise. There was some intense last minute bidding today, I had good proxy's on 3 domains and lost em all in the last 5 seconds

snoopy

Top Contributor
DogsOnline.com.au for $1521 on NF... quite a surprise. There was some intense last minute bidding today, I had good proxy's on 3 domains and lost em all in the last 5 seconds

Thought this was funny until I saw the massive site with the crazy "z" spelling in it. Probably a good name for PPC, limited outside that.

findtim

Top Contributor
todays drops was a typical example that if you want it then you want it, the last 5 seconds was firefworks on NF, seogoldcoast going from almost zero to $1400+

just shows you " work out your best proxy and sit back and hope "

tim

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
todays drops was a typical example that if you want it then you want it, the last 5 seconds was firefworks on NF, seogoldcoast going from almost zero to $1400+

just shows you " work out your best proxy and sit back and hope "

tim

Yes, the fireworks were great at the end. Finally scored a domain or two today. :)

findtim

Top Contributor
i thought schoolies would go for more?

interesting thing that some might of missed is iselectmyloan.com.au bought by Iselect director for $10.

if i had bought it would i probably have issues ?

tim

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Any privately run schoolies site would have trouble ranking over the 'official' government backed sites imo. Still, a nice market to tap into and domain sounds nice.

snoopy

Top Contributor
i thought schoolies would go for more?

I think it is about right given the popularity. Some stiff competition especially with schoolies.com (who also own the .com.au). It is an usual term, with a couple of strong bidders and then nobody else, suspect it is a pretty tough market to make work.

findtim

Top Contributor
schoolies2012.com.au through to @ 2018 are already taken so its strong market so if anyone wants schoolies2020 handreg its up for grabs

tim

BenWalker

Top Contributor
I think it is about right given the popularity. Some stiff competition especially with schoolies.com (who also own the .com.au). It is an usual term, with a couple of strong bidders and then nobody else, suspect it is a pretty tough market to make work.

Its a very hard market to make work. To put it in to perspective even the second biggest provider in the space is struggling to keep up with Schoolies.com.

The two main reasons being that Schoolies.com has very strong brand recognition amongst the kids and they also have exclusivity over most of the venues in the hot locations.

And the bottom line is, its only 3 weeks out of 52 weeks.

James

Top Contributor
Its a very hard market to make work. To put it in to perspective even the second biggest provider in the space is struggling to keep up with Schoolies.com.

The two main reasons being that Schoolies.com has very strong brand recognition amongst the kids and they also have exclusivity over most of the venues in the hot locations.

But the thing is People book school all year from January up until October (late rush) so with the right affiliate set up it can work for 10 months not just 3 weeks.

jam

Top Contributor

Schoolies are booking up to 20 months in advance. It's something you need to work on full time to make work.

I have had a lot of interest in my schoolies related domains, but I haven't seen anyone give schoolies.com a run for their money. 1800schoolies are doing well. These are the only 2 that are really involved with Gold Coast schoolies.

findtim

Top Contributor
cheapshirts.com.au ? whats going on? someone bids $1 on drop then someone backs up with $2 and then nothing happens?

but on NF there is a bunch of bidding up to $74, thats a strong message to drop that people don't really believe they can capture the domains.

tim

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Snagged LevelUp.com.au via hand reg and was planning the same for EyelashExtensionTraining.com.au... Until my 20 minutes of distraction playing Flight Sim made me miss out!

Here's a lesson newbies; At 1:50pm everyday, DROP EVERYTHING!

EDIT: No, I didn't even get levelup.com.au.. came back from the registry as taken!!! ARGH

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think it's the ease as much as anything. Just put your price in and forget about it.

COR's, dealing with sellers, possible registrar transfers just put people off I think.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo