What's new

Drops today - October 2012

Ash

Top Contributor
Good result for wedding-invitations.com.au today. Good value to an enduser at that price in my opinion.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
EventManagementSoftware.com.au - dropping today, currently at $122 on NF.

I realllllly want this as I have my own event management software I'm developing with a close mate. But I have a feeling it'll go for a lot.

johno69

Top Contributor
I'm too stingy LOL

If you mean you don't want to spend lots of money, then you can't really want it that bad.

If you mean you don't have lots of money, then you have about 1.5 hours to make some calls to potential investors and do some sweet talking.

Best of luck with it.

Tip #1. When you are interested in a domain and looking to secure it, don't shout it out to everyone until after the bidding war has ended.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
It went for a little more than I was prepared to pay, but regardless, I was in the Sydney Airport Control Tower at 2 so couldnt bid.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Yeh the current domain is www.showtimeeventmanager.com which is alright however I would love a more branded domain.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
You've got 23 hours to bid? What were you doing in the control tower anyway?

I put a high proxy bid on before I left but it was outbid.

I was in the tower and TTCU having a tour and sit-in with a mate's dad, as I am looking to Air Traffic Control as a career :)

DavidL

Top Contributor
Back on topic, domain dropping today I'd love to own:

WorldCup.com.au
Exact: 5,400
Phrase: 368,000

Great stats but perhaps suffers from split personality syndrome - is it cricket, rugby or the beautiful game?

Note(1): already up to $889 on drop
Note(2): Local exacts were 12,000 in 2010, a world cup year

snoopy

Top Contributor

WorldCup.com.au

Great stats but perhaps suffers from split personality syndrome - is it cricket, rugby or the beautiful game?

Note: already up to $889 on drop

Another trophy name, sounds impressive but lacking real substance. Not really usable for anyone but an official body in my view, a domainer is going to face potential legal issues using this for a specific sport. Think it is already overpriced at $800.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor

WorldCup.com.au

Note(1): already up to $889 on drop
Note(2): Local exacts were 12,000 in 2010, a world cup year

TM issues perhaps?

SAXIE

I believe the name is too broad.... it could be any sport!! and so if you build a site based on one particular sport, you will lose the audience that are not interested your target sport

johno69

Top Contributor
I believe the name is too broad.... it could be any sport!! and so if you build a site based on one particular sport, you will lose the audience that are not interested your target sport

I think it's a great domain.

Can split it up into categories quite easily.

Same way nine have with the footy show for example (but better)

www.footyshow.com.au

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think it's a great domain.

Can split it up into categories quite easily.

Same way nine have with the footy show for example (but better)

www.footyshow.com.au

Yeah - the other thing is there's rarely a world cup on at the same time. So you can rotate the focus.

As for TM issues, I don't think there are any really. If you're not taking money away from FIFA etc (eg by selling unlicenced products), I don't think they would care less. It would only be promoting their event.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member