What's new

Drops today - May 2012

GGroup

BestCreditCardDeals.com.au

Is this one of those nobody would buy for $1k but now $3k+ on the drop situations...?

Ouch.

aus11

Top Contributor
Do these 'credit card' domains really get $22 CPC with adsense? I can't really see that happening on a regular basis...

Although, I'm not in that market so I could be wrong.

findtim

Top Contributor
have you been noticing the "go.....football team" domains dropping

goswans, gotitans, gopies, goroosters

another grand plan

tim

James

Top Contributor
Do these 'credit card' domains really get $22 CPC with adsense? I can't really see that happening on a regular basis...

Although, I'm not in that market so I could be wrong.

This is the adwords price on Google Search, no way are will you page a $22 CPC on a GDN campaign (google adsense).

findtim

Top Contributor
This is the adwords price on Google Search, no way are will you page a $22 CPC on a GDN campaign (google adsense).

i remember a fair few years ago that anz was paying me $50 a click with a successful application filled out ( not approved, just filled out) for a new credit card, that was via commissionmonster not adsense.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
i remember a fair few years ago that anz was paying me $50 a click with a successful application filled out ( not approved, just filled out) for a new credit card, that was via commissionmonster not adsense.

tim

Meaning, they were paying $50 per lead. A lead is worth more than a click obviously.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
BestCreditCardDeals.com.au

Is this one of those nobody would buy for $1k but now $3k+ on the drop situations...?
Yeah It is weird how that happens.

My personal opinion is that it must have something to do with the convenience factor, ie when you buy a domain on an expiry auction you bid, and if you win the domain is registered in your name.

Whereas domains sold via private sale require negotiations, COR forms, etc...

Obviously a retail buyer who is serious about developing the domain and doesn't acquire domains often doesn't see this as a major problem, but domains (which are the people who are on the expiry auctions) hate the hassle of such things.

In my experience the CPC that you get from an AdSense click is normally somewhere between 25% - 40% of what is said via their keyword tool, but that rule tends to break down once CPC's go above $7.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yeah It is weird how that happens.
My personal opinion is that it must have something to do with the convenience factor, ie when you buy a domain on an expiry auction you bid, and if you win the domain is registered in your name.

Yep I think that's a big part of it. Roll on the NF automated COR!!!

findtim

Top Contributor
Meaning, they were paying $50 per lead. A lead is worth more than a click obviously.

yes, the user was sent to a application for credit card page, the form had to be completed to the point of anz giving it a yes/no but either way i got $50

LOVED IT, it was promoting low rate transfers @ 2006 i think, back when it was REALLY competitive.

tim

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
yes, the user was sent to a application for credit card page, the form had to be completed to the point of anz giving it a yes/no but either way i got $50

LOVED IT, it was promoting low rate transfers @ 2006 i think, back when it was REALLY competitive.

tim

Isn't it always competitive? $50 seems kind of on the average side for credit card leads

findtim

Top Contributor
i persoanlly thought it was a big risk and a waste of money for them, to pay regardless of success, but they must have worked out their "strike rate"

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
I see Drop picked up another domain that was on Backorder through Netfleet...

Happened again yesterday I believe.

I don't know the technical side of things but sure appears the backorders are not as high up the hit list as others.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo