What's new

Drops today - May 2012

soj

Founder
Hang on to your hats!

BathurstRealEstate.com.au has just been bidded up to $5002 on Netfleet!

And only $340 on Drop.

Got to be the enduser surely ????

aus11

Top Contributor
I was just about to mention that then realised it was May and we needed a new thread!

That would have to be one of the highest [Keyword]RealEstate.com.au domains, wouldn't it?

snoopy

Top Contributor
haha :)

I just hope they have the foresight to close the door on their competition.

Personally would be leaving that door wide open.

1. If someone develops the .net.au in a meaningful way they'll eventually want to buy the .com.au.
2. If they have reasonable traffic you'll get some of that for free.

Personally when I've bought a domain c/n/o (eg where someone owns all three and wants to sell them together) I prefer to sell off the .net & .org rather than holding the three. If there is development around you that is a good thing, just as long as you are in the spot everyone else has to walk past.

acheeva

Top Contributor
Personally would be leaving that door wide open.

1. If someone develops the .net.au in a meaningful way they'll eventually want to buy the .com.au.
2. If they have reasonable traffic you'll get some of that for free.

Personally when I've bought a domain c/n/o (eg where someone owns all three and wants to sell them together) I prefer to sell off the .net & .org rather than holding the three. If there is development around you that is a good thing, just as long as you are in the spot everyone else has to walk past.

A good way of looking at this...........

soj

Founder
HousesForRent.com.au

Another domain that someone has forgotten to renew?

HousesForRent.com.au

Already at $545 on both platforms.

Previous registrant is owner of rent.com.au

Hmmm .........

soj

Founder
My alter ego picked up this domain (housestorent) via Netfleet today. Very happy.

Drop managed to scoop (giftsforhim) for a few hundred less than Nf today. My alter ego thanks them too! :)

BenWalker

Top Contributor
My alter ego picked up this domain (housestorent) via Netfleet today. Very happy.

Drop managed to scoop (giftsforhim) for a few hundred less than Nf today. My alter ego thanks them too! :)

Good pickings!

Whats the plan? Flip or develop?

Gifts for him could be a good one to develop. Similar to Red Balloon/Adrelanin.

neddy

Top Contributor
Good pickings!

Whats the plan? Flip or develop?

Gifts for him could be a good one to develop. Similar to Red Balloon/Adrelanin.

Develop is the plan Ben, but parked in the interim. They are both good domains - particularly the first one.

Who knows what may happen? I already had someone email me on the the bigger one enquiring whether I would sell.

asantha

Top Contributor
picked kidslabels.com.au via drop,,, :) ,,, I thought I will not get it as it was backordered on net fleet. any way I saw hub.com.au was picked last time on drop even it was backordered ,,

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Develop is the plan Ben, but parked in the interim. They are both good domains - particularly the first one.

Who knows what may happen? I already had someone email me on the the bigger one enquiring whether I would sell.

A bit off topic (sorry), but you mention parking. Where do you temporarily park them until you start development?

Thank you

neddy

Top Contributor
picked kidslabels.com.au via drop,,, :) ,,, I thought I will not get it as it was backordered on net fleet. any way I saw hub.com.au was picked last time on drop even it was backordered ,,

How to win friends and influence people ......... :)

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Managed to pick up internetproviders.net.au yesterday - I know a lot of you "old school" domainers probably don't see huge value in it, but once it is developed - I dare say that value will increase by quite a bit.

neddy

Top Contributor
what u mean?

For a start, you've done nothing wrong. It was meant as a humorous comment.

"How to win friends and influence people" is a famous book by Dale Carnegie.

My comment was made because the person who backordered it on NF wouldn't have been very happy that you won it on Drop. Nor would NF I guess. ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo