What's new

Drops today - May 2012

asantha

Top Contributor
For a start, you've done nothing wrong. It was meant as a humorous comment.

"How to win friends and influence people" is a famous book by Dale Carnegie.

My comment was made because the person who backordered it on NF wouldn't have been very happy that you won it on Drop. Nor would NF I guess. ;)

sorry needy, I m not a reader :( my bad,,,, any way, I added that back into NF aftermarket,, I just realised it got higher competition...or I will look for a reseller program now. its sad to mention, apart from selling my 3 domains of my collection, I haven't start any good business yet, just collecting domains :(

findtim

Top Contributor
i forgot to mention i actually don't gamble anyway ! so i don't know the "game" and don't have a poker face.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
I am still struggling with the 1pm drops. (nsw time). Always remember about 1:15pm.

Thank goodness for proxy bidding hey.

findtim

Top Contributor
i've setup a MS outlook daily reminder, so my computer does a popup

its the "recurring meeting" function

tim

soj

Founder
Enduser on the drops today. They purchased kidsswimwear.com.au - went for $1051 on Netfleet - congrats! Bidding stopped at $540 on Drop.

And another good sale today was ductcleaning.com.au - snapped by NF for $2346. Wow! Drop was $683 - I bet buyer was hoping Drop would get it!

aus11

Top Contributor
I see Drop picked up another domain that was on Backorder through Netfleet...

ElectricalContractors.com.au - $980. Congratulations :)

Ashman

Top Contributor
I see Drop picked up another domain that was on Backorder through Netfleet... ElectricalContractors.com.au - $980. Congratulations

That has been a bit of a trend lately. Either way Netfleet wins.

findtim

Top Contributor
I just find netfleet easier to search potential domains i might be interested in so i only go to drop now when i'm bidding to cover the 2 bases.

also now i have netfleets "domain alert trigger" working for me its added even more value to their service.

i'm sure its just me and others prefer drops system. PC v MAC theory !

tim

aus11

Top Contributor
I just find netfleet easier to search potential domains i might be interested in so i only go to drop now when i'm bidding to cover the 2 bases.

Same, I had the winning bid on both for a domain yesterday, was hoping that drop got it because it was $20 cheaper - but Netfleet got it as usual. Good domain and was $60 under the max price I had set, so still smiling... :D

soj

Founder
hospitalityjobs.com.au going mad on the bids.

I wonder what happened here? Was owned by a well known domain owner.

soj

Founder
Looking at the whois, I'd say that it was sold and the buyer changed contacts, but didn't do a COR....

Interesting. I imagine there may be some developments out of this (though I am not pointing the finger anywhere).

And the .net.au was picked up for nearly $500!

soj

Founder
I imagine there may be some developments out of this (though I am not pointing the finger anywhere).

As Drop said, the COR didn't get done properly, and now there is a "situation".

The "well known domain owner" sold both the .com.au and .net.au to a digital directory company in Melbourne. I know the company because I have previously
sold them a domain. They are not in the category of novice purchasers.

The "registrant contact" had been changed when the domain was sold, but nothing else transpired. The registrant contact has since left, but the email address
wasn't changed - but apparently there was a forward in place to his replacement.

As I said before, I'm not pointing any fingers anywhere - but there are some big lessons here all round.

In this day of electronic COR's, this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

soj

Founder
It paid to have your bids on Drop.com.au today. They picked up everything from what I can see - NF must have had a problem.

Sensational prices too (compared to some bids on NF!). Some buyers will be happy.

soj

Founder
Lot of money down the gurgler on today's drops.

Put the term "property" into either NF or Drop's search facility to see what I mean.

aus11

Top Contributor
EDIT: Just realised there are a heap dropping like this today.... one question, 'What were they thinking?'

New contender for longest domain?

Houseswapaustralia-Homeswap-Houseexchange-Swappingholidays.com.au

haha! Sounds like someone was trying to cover all their basis. Sounds like a good one for Snoopy :p

Last edited:

soj

Founder
subdivision.com.au

I was watching the drops at the death, and subdivision.com.au leapt from about $80 in the last minute to $1888 on Drop and $1889 on NF.

Unbelievable!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members