What's new

Draft recommendations from the 2015 Names Policy Panel

findtim

Top Contributor
hopefully i am going to BORE you with these posts entitled "another"
thus, ANOTHER 2 clients who did not know about the potential change have now completed the auda survey
GG and SF

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
then i replied to her, imagine if you all did this !
----------------------
thanks ***, imagine if you never knew ! disgusting what they are trying to do IMO
please forward it to anyone you know who owns a domain, we need a stampede on this subject and in the next 2 days, i know you're busssyyyyyyyy but if you just emailed it to the last 2 clients with domains that contacted you........ just 2...... imagine what could happen !
thanks
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
NOW remember, this survey can not be done twice from the same IP, so this is all FACT of different clients completing and using their email addresses.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
and another just then , all small business that didn't know anything until i told them.
BUT look at the response !! and there have been many other before i began posting about them.

auda PAY ATTENTION.
you should know i have sent an email giving BOTH sides of the proposal and we so far we are on 100% NO, are you getting the message ?
so all this crap about "people want it" ! no, they don't only the people who will benefit want it, your model is wrong and you are heading down a path of pain to pass this.
but thats ok, you stay silent as all these posts, threads are now on public record.

NOT only that i have also asked all my clients if they are happy to let their vote be made public and they have all said yes.
So i call for all responses to be made public and not just to the committee.

this isn't a fair vote, this is not valid, others have stated that every owner of a domain should have been contacted, you have FAILED in your role of the governing body in my opinion.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
and another just now
DF
these are the initials of the clients, so we can later check the records, please post what you are doing and what clients of yours have filled out the survey, or am i just alone on this ? certainly my clients don't think so, they have put their hand up.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
love this
http://screencast.com/t/WhJzHMOT8
from
PLUS, can someone help me, go to this site: http://auda.org.au/

can you find a link to the single most important thing going on right now on the homepage of the governing bodies website ?
can you find a link to the names policy ? i'm not talking about policies but if i was a florist and today was valentines day i'd have at least a bloody rose for sale on my homepage !

but no, we have a "call for nominations to the board" , that would be the board that last decided to NOT inform the community that they soooo care about that they were trying to change the rules without telling them. then you have an interview with graham..... well there is a good space to detail the names policy debate, but instead lets just read about a bunch of rubbish that doesn't relate to the people who actually keep auda ALIVE, through registering their small business domain names.
followed by, Paul to open aulGF , and then just fill in the space for the 4th position so we do not have to mention the names panel.

next year we will probably have another names panel, but you may not even call for nominations, just PICK who you want onto it,
how about you don't even call for a survey ! just create whatever you want and fill your pockets from hard working small business.

stand up people, do the survey, post that you did.
3,018,267 registered domain names http://screencast.com/t/M4S1LlEdyE0

but just 148 people notified of the names policy review ! prove me wrong, did you notify the owner of farmcare.com.au in mullumbimby nsw that potentially he will need to register ANOTHER domain name, and i can tell you he will NEED to register it as there are 7 other "farmcare" registered type business names out there.
did you inform him that he should be INFLICTED to have to trademark his name to protect himself againstwhat you are trying to do, did you tell him that someone else may have already before he knew trademarked so potential they will get the .au, did you inform him of the increased expense he may incur , did you tell him of the potential legal costs he might need because of your decision, did you tell him of the confusion which may occur from his 30 year old brand and all the money he has spent building it ?
this is a laugh, auda, you should be scared, you should be VERY scared, IMHO, you should just not go through with your next process, IMHO, you should back out now, and go back and re think it all over again.
the survey doesn't matter, its flawed to the point of being illegal IMO.

auda , your lack of action, your lack of public response and feedback has let you down badly, this is only working against you in the end.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
another client filled out the survey
TS
funny how i'm on 100%, what a strike rate ? NOBODY has come back to me and said they disagree with me !
makes you wonder what the result would be if all domain owners were informed.
recent client comments :
" thanks for the heads up tim "
" someone else getting **********.au, no way "
" WTF "
" survey done, what else do i have to do as i own 2 domains "
" done, thats stupid , thanks "
" thanks, i did the survey, seems silly to me "

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
ANOTHER survey completed, told you this would get boring but its time to stop talking and start acting everyone
G optom
and i have asked everyone to forward to others they know, so i really don't know what impact this is having.
there is enough time still to ACT.
it actually took me 5 minutes today to find the link on the auda website !
FIRST: you need to know auda exists !!! http://auda.org.au/
then down the bottom of the website, YESSSSS the bottom, is a link, http://screencast.com/t/rTRRPTgR ( ohh how well promoted is that !!!! )
then you click the link which takes you to another page of rubbish
then find you need to find a link? which DOES NOT SAY SURVEY, http://screencast.com/t/TqWRUjFr
THEN half way down that page FINALLY there is a link to the survey, http://screencast.com/t/YKdgwuprAhMY
oohhhh auda, this should be front page news, not HIDDEN.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
looks like i have stolen this thread but with only a few days to go it needs to be stolen, i think i did warn you all :)
and then the thread dies, but this isn't a "tim thread" , everything has been said and argued, its time for results from action.

its all well and good to send out emails but sometimes you need to hold their hands, i've been making phone calls to clients who know very little about ANYTHING, yes time consuming but you'd be surprised that many of them have very good domain names that we monitor and protect for them.

so i have explained whats going on and had to help them fill out the survey once they understand BOTH sides of the story, but as my last post shows no one with little knowledge of surfing a site would be able to find that survey , so i am forced to help my clients to conduct the survey, i am forced to protect thier interests, i am forced to spend my time that auda should have spent informing them.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
another 4 surveys will be filled out today
DO, NO, CO, DD
tim
i'm still on 100%, no wonder you didn't inform the domain name owners

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains