What's new

Draft recommendations from the 2015 Names Policy Panel

snoopy

Top Contributor
ohh really ! so you have a domain you paid $40K for + dev $$$, opps they changed the rules ! , whats the value of the domain now ?
ohhhhhhh, i'll just go elsewhere, PLEASE tell me you startegy i'd love to here it

You asked me why I am not an AUDA member and I told you. I'm not telling you what you should do. If you think lobbying AUDA will provide you with a good ROI then you should do it.

so you are saying you'd just forget about your PRIME domain extension and move on to another extension ? you do know that statement goes against everything you have EVER said on this forum ! you are totally against anything other then .com so HOW ON EARTH are you going to "move on and invest elsewhere" ?

If it didn't suit me I'd invest in something else. Shares, property whatever I thought was a better investment. I did shift significantly out of domains from around 2008 because I didn't like the state of the market much.

findtim

Top Contributor
If it didn't suit me I'd invest in something else. Shares, property whatever I thought was a better investment. I did shift significantly out of domains from around 2008 because I didn't like the state of the market much.
ok, thanks for that sharing, and it makes more sense now as to what you are posting, you got out 7 years ago, small business are still IN and need to be, they just do not need more costs for NO real reason.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
[QUOTE ]If you want to ensure that you are kept up to date, you can subscribe to our announcements list[/QUOTE]

well i know this, and i am divided on what to say, first " i hate spam" , " i hate automated signups to mailing lists"

second : but this/they are sending emails WHEN it suits them as andrew said, so this is BS
So far, nobody has come up with a good reason for this change, or a good process, or a good HONEST survey result.
if every domain name owner is not contacted then i feel it is an illegal decision no matter what the decision is, if the vote was FOR .au then i would accept it, but 148 people is crap,
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
seems pointless contacting turnbull on our matter, i think he has move important things on his plate, NOW and in the future.
and he may not ever exist tomorrow !
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
GEEE , a client contacted me yesterday to register her name as a domain name ! , well guess what ? it was a available, hmmmmmmmmm funny that, AND in .com as well !!!!!
seems like the world/australia doesn't need more domain extensions

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
GEEE , a client contacted me yesterday to register her name as a domain name ! , well guess what ? it was a available, hmmmmmmmmm funny that, AND in .com as well !!!!!
seems like the world/australia doesn't need more domain extensions

tim

That doesn't happen all that much, suggest it may have been an unusual name for .com to still available, or perhaps an aussie based subject?

snoopy

Top Contributor
That doesn't happen all that much, suggest it may have been an unusual name for .com to still available, or perhaps an aussie based subject?

I think most businesses don't have much trouble finding names. I don't know what % get their first choice but I think it would be quite a high % in .com and .com to a lesser degree. Most business names are two or three words and often not all that common.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
spacey i'll pm you the name, do a google search and you'll be surprised, then you can comment
tim
Read your message before reading this, i guess first and last names can be handy if you have your career based around your work, good luck to her. Probably done well to get both together I think

snoopy

Top Contributor
(junk mail today )
definition of stupidity !
http://narreclc.net.au/
.com.au available
they offer a basic website course !!!! must be basic as in they don't have a clue

tim

I think sometimes with this kind of thing the .com.au was taken when they first registered. Then again the Internet only just started up in Narre a few months ago.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
My last comment re: email - I think registrars are in the best position to notify clients via email imo

findtim

Top Contributor
My last comment re: email - I think registrars are in the best position to notify clients via email imo
but they aren't , they are waiting for the the decision and then their notification will be BUY NOW.
how many F'n times do we need to go over the same subject ?????????
every post i have done is about what i believe to be facts:
auda has a responsibility to inform domain owners
registra's will not until inform until the knife has cut the throat
netfleets email today has been the only notification , giving a short description of both sides of the coin, but still i hardly believe that NF hold a HUGE % of the domain names registered, i wonder if the introduction of an MIT person to take over NF will flow through to MIT and netreg , i doubt it, and with 14 days to go its in my opinion a half hearted approach so they can just say " ohh, but we did send an email" and the most stupid thing is that if NF can send an email like that WHY can't auda ?
its a total contradiction
i have domains registered at , crazyD, netfleet, drop, netreg, MIT and no information is flowing ( apart from nf's email today )
so WHEN, in the next 14 days do you think those others will send an email ? so the words
registrars are in the best position to notify clients
at present do not seem to fit IMO.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
this is 1 hour 45mins long and you need to watch it all the way through or don't bother.

i think it clicks your mute button sometimes so check that if the sounf goes off.

the reason for me posting this is for an analogy example, watch it, if you get it then cool, here's the " heads up " , its basically a doco about a governing body shutting down opposition to what THEY have already decide they want to do.

i'm sure many of you will not watch it. i know its a long time investment of 2 hours but whats your portfolio worth ?

what are your clients worth to you ?

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads