What's new

Domain Registrar Pricing

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i purchased a .net.au domain for $100 but the transfer fee was $179

this applies to all domain transfers ( fees are different at different registrars)

so when buying a name allow for a transfer fee , and yes this is a reason our domaining market does not grow in leaps and bounds and the need for an abn

if you own a name and wish to transfer to another registrar there is no fee unless it is due for renewal , i think within 90 day notice would cost ?

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
i purchased a .net.au domain for $100 but the transfer fee was $179

this applies to all domain transfers ( fees are different at different registrars)

so when buying a name allow for a transfer fee , and yes this is a reason our domaining market does not grow in leaps and bounds and the need for an abn

if you own a name and wish to transfer to another registrar there is no fee unless it is due for renewal , i think within 90 day notice would cost ?

but that`s beyond joke!!!

I mean, I can handle all their silly stories about not releasing second level but a transfer fee of $179 for a domain is simply a rip-off! :mad:

Maybe it`s time we DO something.

So, the transfer applies only if you change Registrant but does not if you change Registrar, am I getting it right?

And what would be the cheaper transfer? the tab on this forum is not complete.

That really put me off from regging .com.au

Thanks

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
yes if you change registrar there is no charge providing the name is not up for renewal , jumba does a transfer for $100 , which is the cheapest so far , as far as i can workout each registrar sets their own price , which seems strange and a waste of money doe us , maybe some one can expand on why this happens

DavidL

Top Contributor
The thing is it's a partly manual process for the registrar. Originally auDA requested that all forms are physically signed & stored, necessitating manual verification. There may be a way round it using digital signatures which could help automate the process though.

Also, a silver lining is that you get a full 2 year's new rego on the domain.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

i am unsure about that ?

when i purchased vegetarian.net.au there was no 2 year reg

Lorenzo

Top Contributor

i am unsure about that ?

when i purchased vegetarian.net.au there was no 2 year reg

I am telling you: it`s a rip off!!

$100+ for doing what??? It takes longer for me to reply to this thread than to them to do such operation...they are legally ripping off people, plain and simple.

Mick

Top Contributor
Hey guys,

New to the forums, so forgive me if I've missed something.. :)

Just wondering why Sugar Domains is mentioned on the list, they seem to be a reseller with DistributeIT, not a registrar?

Mick

soj

Founder
I have updated most of the Registrar pricing, and added in VentraIP as they have recently been Accredited.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, but Drop.com.au do COR for members for $49.95.

Cheers

Andrew

DavidL

Top Contributor
Domain Central and Intaserve will also do for $50. And as joe said, Netregistry do for $90.

Good to see these fees coming way down from where they were 2 years ago.

MIT is still at $339, I believe...

James

Top Contributor
What is whole sale price on domains in Australia???

IE these re sellers how much do they have to pay, some must be sitting on some $$$

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member