What's new

Credit.com.au

johno69

Top Contributor
Who cares about those figures. The profit made from one sale in this market alone could easily be worth $20k+ over the life of the client. If you pick up one client a month in this range, which I don't think would be too difficult you will soon be well in front.

johno69

Top Contributor
Tapatalk is playing games with me. Not sure where my post went.

Market: finance, credit cards, loans.

Client type: the person who has a 10k credit card they never seem to pay more than just the bare minimum monthly repayment.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
CreditCards.net.au went for 20k+, so I'd have thought Credit.com.au would go for at least twice, if not triple that on the drops.. (but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it hit six figures.)

All the best to bidders and dropcatchers!

10k already.

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
It is a bit of a trophy name, sounds impressive but without a clear development path....

Trophy name? What's that supposed to mean. It's one of those all time category killer domain names with as clear a development path as something like cars.com.au, sex.com.au etc etc

snoopy

Top Contributor
Trophy name? What's that supposed to mean. It's one of those all time category killer domain names with as clear a development path as something like cars.com.au, sex.com.au etc etc

It isn't in the same league as those names, if people had to name the best .com.au's (without knowing knowing about this auction), this name wouldn't be one of them.

A trophy name is a name that sounds impressive but lacks substance. It is like the 1968 Rolls Royce, looks amazing but will overheat 50m down the road.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Credit cards, loans, finance of any kind would be an obvious offering to me.

Any kind of finance offering?

So the website will say "welcome to credit.com.au, we offer any type of finance"?

Broad is a very bad thing for developing a domain in my view. There is all sorts of things someone could be searching for "credit" for, credit cards, credit unions, credit reports, bad credit repair, accounting information, credit ratings of companies, business loans. It is that mix which is going to make it a very difficult name to develop.

Here is google's ad group ideas for the term

Credit Check (28) - credit check, credit check australia, credit rating
My Credit (32) - my credit file, my credit rating, check my credit
Credit History (13) - credit history, credit history check, credit history
Credit Rating (25) - credit rating, low rate credit card, credit card r
Bad Credit (10) - bad credit, bad credit finance, fix bad credit...
Credit Union (34) - credit union australia, credit union, credit unions...
Loan Bad (5) - bad credit loans, loans bad credit, loans for bad credit...
Cards Compare (8) - compare credit cards, credit card compare...
Credit Score (38) - credit score, free credit score report...
Check Online (5) - credit check online, online credit check...

johno69

Top Contributor
So the website will say "welcome to credit.com.au, we offer any type of finance"?

Not in those words as that sounds cheap. But you could offer many types of finance yes.

My first online business was finance referral. Made good coin from it and was easy to do back in the day when Adwords bids of $50c got you #3 for terms like personal loan.

The reason I got out was the poor customer service the broker I was referring leads to. I told them I was going elsewhere so they offered me plenty to buy the site.

Funny thing, within a week they broke the lead form and now 10 years later it still sits there broken, impossible to gain leads.

So with a decent domain I can't imagine it would be hard to make good profit as a lead gen site let alone being the broker directly.

Another thing to note, people usually only search for credit report, credit check etc when they are about to source credit. So you put it in front of them they may well bite.

Offtap

Any info on the poor soul that let it drop?

National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd - http://www.nci.com.au/

Did they leave MelbIT to manage it or just decide they didn't need it anymore without realising the value?

Last edited:

daddybat

It was me - and I'm VERY happy with the price! That's a killer name! I was surprised that my under 20K proxy took it! Great job Netfleet!! ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo