What's new

AirAustralia.com.au for Sale

segator

Top Contributor
Hi Admin,
No problem;
1. 1 Oct 2011
2. We bought the domain at snapper auction (although it was backordered)
3. Not associated with AirAustralia.com

johno69

Top Contributor
Without knowing any of the facts, perhaps it could be the first step in an attempted reverse hijacking...?

Another member here that i've known many years had this happen to them.

The company offered to buy the domain (back when it was not really allowed). He sai'd he'd sell the site etc etc and made a counter offer. Next correspondence was from a lawyer advising him of their recent (but after the offer) trade mark application of the term and in all classes covering everything you could ever imagine.

Left him no choice really.

Shane

Top Contributor
Given that we now know the domain was purchased by Segator AFTER the trademark application was lodged, that changes everything...

segator

Top Contributor
As mentioned prior,
"If we do sell great we are directing all persons via NetFleet Aftermarket and if the domain is not sold thus far it is making a some dollars with the relationship with Zuji Australia."
No fuss at all.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Admin,
No problem;
1. 1 Oct 2011
2. We bought the domain at snapper auction (although it was backordered)
3. Not associated with AirAustralia.com

I appreciate you providing that info Greg - it makes things a lot clearer.

Pardon the pun, but by backordering it and then bidding on it at the drops, was your "strategy" to then sell it to someone like Strategic or another airline? Particularly given that your initial posts indicated a valuation of $150K.

segator

Top Contributor
I appreciate you providing that info Greg - it makes things a lot clearer.

Pardon the pun, but by backordering it and then bidding on it at the drops, was your "strategy" to then sell it to someone like Strategic or another airline? Particularly given that your initial posts indicated a valuation of $150K.

We had forgotten it was backordered by a previous manager!

geodomains

Top Contributor
Segator,
I'm affraid you have put me off and most likely all domainers with your trying to sell this domain and valuation.

Basically you are selling a domain with traffic that is not intended for your website, it's not what DNTrade members like to see. :mad:

Don

segator

Top Contributor
Initially in around 2007 I believe there was an offer to buy the domain to use "Air Australia Holidays" by the business development officer/manger who worked previously for Ansett but it did not progress.
I am aware today that other such tour operators and charter operators were trying to buy the domain many years ago.

neddy

Top Contributor
Whichever way this goes I think it will just result in more bad press for domainers.

I think what you're doing is unethical because you're clearly just cashing in on someone else's name. And regrettably you're using DNT to basically spam us all about the name. You haven't added any value to the forum, you've just used it to spruik this sale.

If you've received all these phone calls and offers like you claim, I'd be taking the best offer and wiping your hands of this before it gets messy.

Now that I have most of the facts, I couldn't have said it better myself Shane.

Given that we now know the domain was purchased by Segator AFTER the trademark application was lodged, that changes everything...

Ditto.

Segator,
I'm affraid you have put me off and most likely all domainers with your trying to sell this domain and valuation.

Basically you are selling a domain with traffic that is not intended for your website, it's not what DNTrade members like to see. :mad:

Don

Quite right Don.

I have spent hours on Flying Solo defending "domainers" / domain owners from charges of "cyber squatting" or similar. I have always said that responsible domainers equally abhor people who do this.

What you have done here - imho - is tarnish other good domainers. This sort of conduct does us no favours. I also believe that you will ultimately lose the domain, and again, imho, you deserve to.

As administrator of this forum, and on behalf of all responsible domainers, I want no further part in this. If you want to spruik your wares, you're going to have to find another venue to do so.

I will accept no further posts from you.

segator

Top Contributor
when the domain was purchased at auction our plan was to operate as an advertising travel directory with holidays, hotels, flight schools etc... while we write a search engine that a person can enter criteria from list boxes choosing their holiday budget, persons travelling, type of accommodation, hobbies/activities, fly, drive or rental car and the engine would return a list of suggested packages and activated the URL home page travel directory coming soon and contacted travel suppliers accordingly

AND from the travel suppliers we became aware that Strategic was to re-brand their name to Air Australia.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Best hope would be that they want the name is a hurry and pay something for it. Worst case is a lawsuit, lots of legal fees. Personally think this would be lost in a heartbeat in court. Hope this doesn't hit the media as it will be another black eye.

coreyg

Top Contributor
TradeMark Search of the term AirAustralia

1. 1420588 AIRAUSTRALIA.COM 35 Pending

2. 1420591 AIRAUSTRALIA.COM 39 Pending

3. 1420592 AIRAUSTRALIA.COM 43 Pending

4. 1420596 AIRAUSTRALIA.COM.AU 35 Pending

5. 1420600 AIRAUSTRALIA.COM.AU 43 Pending

6. 1420606 AIRAUSTRALIA.COM.AU 39 Pending

7. 1453892 AIRAUSTRALIA.COM.AU 39 Pending

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/Falcon.Result

Cheers
Corey

Chris.C

Top Contributor
when the domain was purchased at auction our plan was to operate as an advertising travel directory with holidays, hotels, flight schools etc...
If this was your "intention" and it was all just an "accident" which I'm starting feel like it definitely wasn't, then you should be happy to sell the domain to Strategic for a small figure, say < $5000 to compensate you for your current investment and then re-establish this "travel directory" to a domain that isn't infringing on someone's trademark.

Instead you are trying to extort AirAustralia for $150,000 with a domain you haven't owned for two months - so I'm going to call bullshit on your "travel directory plans" and I hope Strategic do to and that they seriously consider taking legal action to secure the domain rather than pay you for it. Further more if it is proven that you were just taking advantage I then hope they also sue you for damages to both their brand and the revenues you produced via your "travel directory" while you were passing off.

People need to know that that cybersquatting isn't tolerated and those that partake in such schemes will be dealt with by the law.

Thus far you have added no value to this community and I fear are just bringing the spotlight again onto the rest of us who try to make a decent living by not taking advantage of others by extorting them.

:(

neddy

Top Contributor
I have spent hours on Flying Solo defending "domainers" / domain owners from charges of "cyber squatting" or similar. I have always said that responsible domainers equally abhor people who do this.

What you have done here - imho - is tarnish other good domainers. This sort of conduct does us no favours. I also believe that you will ultimately lose the domain, and again, imho, you deserve to.

As administrator of this forum, and on behalf of all responsible domainers, I want no further part in this. If you want to spruik your wares, you're going to have to find another venue to do so.

I will accept no further posts from you.

When I made the decision to ban segator, I was really cross because I have spent many hours defending domainers. When this sort of event happens,
it does make it difficult for all of us.

I reiterate that I do not approve or condone what has happened.

But having thought about it, this is not really a "banning offence". I believe in free speech, and I certainly believe in giving a right of reply. A few people
have commented about Segator's actions since my last post, so I’m going to allow him to try and defend his position if he wants to.

All I will add is "caveat emptor".

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member