What's new

AirAustralia.com.au for Sale

segator

Top Contributor
I'm assuming this is mostly direct/type-in traffic? Can't imagine this site is getting much in the way of organic.

We found when Air Australia had their PR photo shoot last month we topped just on 2500 visitors for the day. Since then it is direct type in traffic 85.8% to be exact; this has been our strategy by social media. Now days browsers are tuned to search from the url and found in Australia patrons generally type the extension .com.au.

My colleague who owns airaustralia.net has also been bombarded and has made note on his website of the many calls and emails he is receiving... check it out.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!:)

segator

Top Contributor
Joe, I just called our IT support team in Ukraine and they believe the site will finish the day AEDT with about 1100-1300 visitors for today.

neddy

Top Contributor
We found when Air Australia had their PR photo shoot last month we topped just on 2500 visitors for the day.

My colleague who owns airaustralia.net has also been bombarded and has made note on his website of the many calls and emails he is receiving... check it out.

I'm sorry Segator - I have two words for you. "Bad Faith" - by your own admission.

segator

Top Contributor
I am lost to your words "Bad Faith"? My colleague has had his domain registered for nealy 10 years airaustralia.net What is your issue?

segator

Top Contributor
Just a bit puzzled as to how you got so much activity and so many phone calls in one day? Can't see your phone number listed anywhere.

My staff made a further note the domain for sale was also noted with other avenues (travel agencies whom we service) comprising of direct notifications by email yesterday. :):)

segator

Top Contributor
Admin,
Furthermore, we emailed a media release to SMH & The Australian newspapers it was listed with NetFleet..
I spoke with Netfleet this afternoon and advised them of the media release in the event they receive a call!

Billy01

Top Contributor
Trademarks cough

If you really need the best of the best and you've been caught up with the .au crap pm me

neddy

Top Contributor
Admin,
Furthermore, we emailed a media release to SMH & The Australian newspapers it was listed with NetFleet..
I spoke with Netfleet this afternoon and advised them of the media release in the event they receive a call!

Ok, I may be missing something here. And if I am, I apologise.

Is Segator Pty Ltd associated with / owned by Strategic Aviation Group Pty Ltd? Or are they nothing to do with you?

segator

Top Contributor
Our company lawyers confirmed - Air Australia do not have registered Trademarks for 'Air Australia' or airaustralia.com - although they have made applications only.

segator

Top Contributor
Ok to assist the topic discussion, about 2 weeks ago Air Australia in writing an offer but it was declined it.

Shane

Top Contributor
So it appears that both Segator and Air Australia have pending registrations on the trademark "airaustralia.com.au"

Air Australia's lodgement date is 15 April 2011 while Segator's is 14 October 2011.

I don't know how Air Australia lodged a trademark application over a domain it doesn't own. That seems strange...!

Whichever way this goes I think it will just result in more bad press for domainers.

I think what you're doing is unethical because you're clearly just cashing in on someone else's name. And regrettably you're using DNT to basically spam us all about the name. You haven't added any value to the forum, you've just used it to spruik this sale.

If you've received all these phone calls and offers like you claim, I'd be taking the best offer and wiping your hands of this before it gets messy.

segator

Top Contributor
Shane,
My recommendation to yourself being from the professional background finance / insurance is NEVER make assumptions!

Shane

Top Contributor
Shane,
My recommendation to yourself being from the professional background finance / insurance is NEVER make assumptions!

That's a fair point. I guess we'll see how it all pans out over the coming days / weeks / months.

segator

Top Contributor
Shane,
If we do sell great we are directing all persons via NetFleet Aftermarket and if the domain is not sold thus far it is making a some dollars with the relationship with Zuji Australia.

neddy

Top Contributor
Our company lawyers confirmed - Air Australia do not have registered Trademarks for 'Air Australia' or airaustralia.com - although they have made applications only.

And they have made an application for AirAustralia.com.au - yet they don't own it? :confused:

Hi Admin,
Segator P/L is not associated with Strategic Aviation P/L.

Still trying to get my head around the facts here, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions.

1. How long you have had AirAustralia.com.au for?
  2. Did you hand reg - or did you buy off someone else?
  3. Are you associated with AirAustralia.com?

Cheers, Ned

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member