What's new

2017 Board Elections

snoopy

Top Contributor
Proxies are due in by this Thursday at the latest. Would suggest voting as soon as possible just in case of any issues with forms.

Cheyne

Top Contributor
Can somebody please confirm this for me, as it is something I am unsure of.

If a member does not return a proxy form or vote themselves, what happens to their vote? Is it simply not counted, or does the board vote on their behalf?

Nicole Murdoch

@Cheyne I think that is in the context of an unfilled proxy. If no selection is made on a proxy the Chair can vote as they see fit.

But if no proxy is submitted for that member, then no vote is cast.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Tick tock! Note the cutoff date for proxy votes is tomorrow!

Proxy forms must be received by 5pm AEDT on Thursday 23 November 2017. Late proxy forms will not be accepted.

I suggest people try and get forms in ASAP as sometimes AUDA can reject a form for issues like the signature etc so best not to leave it to the last minute.....

ttfan

Top Contributor
I'm surprised there's been no final reminder Emails from the nominees about getting the proxies in on time. The only one I received one from was Ian Halson. Perhaps the others feel it's spamming?

findtim

Top Contributor
helena gets them all, i think some candidates scrub me from their list ;) helena got ians, ned and nicoles, yesterday i think? she hasn't had anything from the others except for the first one they sent.

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
I'm surprised there's been no final reminder Emails from the nominees about getting the proxies in on time. The only one I received one from was Ian Halson. Perhaps the others feel it's spamming?
@ttfan - there is always the worry of peeing people off with too many emails.

Nicole and I have sent 3 "Grumpy" emails - with our last one being sent yesterday. But what we did for emails 2 and 3 was to remove people that had already voted for us.

Who knows if that was the best way to do things? We'll know on Monday. :)

Scott.L

Top Contributor
@Cheyne I think that is in the context of an unfilled proxy. If no selection is made on a proxy the Chair can vote as they see fit.

Oh NO...really?

So let me get this right - the member would be required to send it back unfilled, right.
I mean, there would need to be a footprint of action and interaction to make this legit. (even if the proxy is blank)

If this is true, I would suspect the newly appointed Chair would or could only distribute those votes evenly upon the nominees.

snoopy

Top Contributor

I guess this could be an issue for someone who wants to say vote against the special resolution but doesn't want to vote on the board election?

I would assume that the chair would just do the ethical thing and not vote in that circumstance, but it also sounds like the constitution needs to be changed in that area.

findtim

Top Contributor
thats an interesting point snoopy, splitting the right to vote EITHER for a resolution or for a director, something the CAC should look into .
i don't believe spreading the votes would work as it would almost always be uneven and a director could be chosen by just 1 vote difference, as far as i am concerned a dead vote needs to stay that way.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i would like to meet as many members/anyone as possible at the AGM monday, please feel free to come to me even if i am involved in a conversation with others, i am also planning to stay around after the agm ( i might have some auda business shortly after? ) but i will certainly be @ till 5pm.
i'm not available prior just because of family/school logistics
you can text me on 0439 859 860

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
And I should add, one of the many reasons why Ned and Nicole will be getting my votes - excerpt below from grumpy.com.au:
  • Memberships should be encouraged. Every registrant of a domain name should automatically be entitled to be a free member of auDA (opt-in our opt-out model). This will increase membership numbers, and create a better internet community. Canada does this successfully in their internet space. – “Applying for membership is easy, free and open to any .CA holder.”
  • We’d like to see no more “them and us” mentality (as in Supply and Demand members). Having two types of memberships creates a divide. Let’s work together for the good of the domain space instead of against each other. We need to focus on pushing the space forward, not on acting against whatever the “other side” wants.

Great post

DomainNames

Top Contributor
What about the people who work directly in the Domain Industry. They are employed in the industry but may not own a domain name. auDA also represents them.
You have a very narrow and misguided view that auDA only represents domain registrants.

When was the last time auDA sent out an email to it's existing .au domain name registrant customers / Consumers?

How many of the 2 million plus .au domain name registrant consumers know who auDA is or how to become an auDA member, vote at elections have input into surveys or feedback?

How many people join auDA and pay the fees unless they want to use their membership for voting purposes often for someone they know.. This seems to be in many cases the only reason many people join and pay the money.

When was the last time auDA contacted the people employed in the domain name industry ( besides registrars)?

The list goes on...

What some have forgotten is the .au domain name registrant is a CONSUMER. They can choose to buy and .au name of they can now choose from over 1000 other extensions ..All of which are promoted and sold in direct competition to the .au domain name extension option.

99% of existing .au registrants have noi idea who auDA is, where their money goes when they pay their registration and renewal fees... and it is obvious some people have tried very hard to keep this the case.

Another suggestion is FREE auDA membership for everyone.. how's that!?

When was the last campaign auDA ran to promote the existing .au domain namespace? To support just the .au namespace and to make sure it stayed the best choice for potential domain name registrants?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
i would like to meet as many members/anyone as possible at the AGM monday, please feel free to come to me even if i am involved in a conversation with others, i am also planning to stay around after the agm ( i might have some auda business shortly after? ) but i will certainly be @ till 5pm.
i'm not available prior just because of family/school logistics
you can text me on 0439 859 860

tim

Tim this is excellent engagement. Well done.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member