What's new

2017 Board Elections

Shane

Top Contributor
Nobody here has over 150,000 customers. And nobody here has actually spent time or money conducting research of such a large consumer base.
Neither have you though, have you? I have plenty of domains and other services with VentraIP, and have been a client for over six years, yet I can't recall ever being asked for my thoughts.

Cheyne

Top Contributor
I believe that her membership application was blocked for 5 months to prevent her voting. She has every right to be angry about this delay.

A "friendly tone" is not to be expected in those circumstances.
You can "believe" anything, but just like the chair rightly pointed out on Monday, you have no facts!

There could be a perfectly legitimate reason for it. I don't know. You don't know. Nicole may get told. Point is, there is no evidence or fact to suggest that anything untoward happened, and even if it did, she just got elected to the board! Game over. Move on!

Cheyne

Top Contributor
Neither have you though, have you? I have plenty of domains and other services with VentraIP, and have been a client for over six years, yet I can't recall ever being asked for my thoughts.
Yes we have.

You may have seen a couple of customer-wide surveys we have done in recent months, but they complimented a couple of additional targeted surveys we have done with select customers who met certain requirements.

And we're not the only ones. I know that several other registrars have done this, as well as AusRegistry themselves.

In addition to this and as I have said before, .au domains is our second most requested or enquired product.

We're also about to engage Synergy Wholesale partners for the first time about this and a range of other items.

findtim

Top Contributor
i'll be making a submission to the crc for consideration to amend and clarify :
"9.9 Determination of Application by the Board
a. The Board must determine whether or not to approve each application for Membership at the next Board meeting after receipt of the application."
basically they can not be held over to the next meeting.
it will also involve making sure that if there is a problem with an application it can be separated and the others be approved.
i will also be making a submission that membership applications are high up on the agenda list as to date they are almost last and i see that as one problem, we are a membership organisation so it needs to go up the list IMO.
if anyone else agrees with me then please add it to your submission.

i also feel scott long has a good grip on the crc so don't promote to me, go straight to the crc.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
And there you have it folks. As close to being from the horses mouth as you're going to get. Case closed!

Time to move on to more important issues.

Good one! Another "case closed move on", a couple of days ago it was about direct registrations and now this issue aswell.

findtim

Top Contributor
How many months would you say it was?
i'd have to check which frankly i can't be bothered doing but at a guess @ 6 weeks !

in reality my opinion is that an application for membership with a desire to vote should have been submitted back in late june/early july and not a month afterwards, as there are PLENTY of posts about renewing/joining on this thread, just check pages 1,2,3,4

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i remember back when chris burgess took over from ned on this forum and chris asked me to be a moderator, i have always reflected back that i didn't really do a good job, i went over the top and at the time we did have some very disruptive members, you may recall the all time classic post of "ask your mother ! " which is what we were dealing with as a total disrespect of DNT members.

SOOOOO, i'm gonna step in here, hopefully better then last time, , the election is over and many great things have come from it which we ALL mostly agree with and thats constitutional reform , increase in membership to help prevent VOTE STACKING and policy review.

so i'm gonna go out on a limb, lemon.........change your avatar and your signature, it is doing you no good in this community, you have made your point nows time to look to the future , move on and all those other things snoopy hates being posted.

lemon: i seem to recall you saying you would congratulate the winners, yet you haven't yet.

everyone remember there is a 4th demand vacancy, so anyone interested please apply
bacon farmer, the use of the word "wife" i think steps over a line, don't bring family into discussions is my view if its negative.
lemon: i have no doubt your wife controls her own vote, in actual fact if i was up for election based on the year i have had i think helena would have voted against me :)

forget about nicoles membership issue, its dead and with constructive submissions to the crc we can get it changed.

debate is great, attack is not, there is a reason why we are here and i think its because "we care" and yes we have opinions.

once again i will say that ian was a good director thrown into the deep end and then pulled out quickly, so lets not attack him and likewise ian please don't attack dnt members.

so i am going to be totally out of line and say that the election is over and thus this thread should be also, the last post should be ian congratulating ned and nicole and everyone moves to the government review thread.

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor

I have also been a ventraip and synergy wholesale customer for a long time. I also have NEVER been asked for my thoughts or any form of customer service feedback etc.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Yes we have.

You may have seen a couple of customer-wide surveys we have done in recent months, but they complimented a couple of additional targeted surveys we have done with select customers who met certain requirements.

And we're not the only ones. I know that several other registrars have done this, as well as AusRegistry themselves.

In addition to this and as I have said before, .au domains is our second most requested or enquired product.

We're also about to engage Synergy Wholesale partners for the first time about this and a range of other items.

Please post the surveys here you refer to. Are they stacked also in favour for the competing .au extension proposal. Do they mention the additional costs, risk to IP etc etc? Do they contain disclosures how much you would make from it or or how much auDA and Ausregistry ( or new wholesale registry sub contractor) will make from it?

Are they anything like this?

Is it true "when second-level have been opened up overseas, for example .uk and .nz it has been remarkably successful. This strongly suggests that .au would be similarly popular" False and Misleading targeted to a mostly uninformed group to sway a yes only vote ..? I think so! Where is the vote no option? There was none!

How about this... Even though Adrian said they have not pushed for any additional competing .au direct extension....
Is this true and accurate? Doesn't it read like they are pushing an agenda for their own benefit perhaps?
https://www.ausregistry.com.au/product-innovation-will-produce-the-next-3-million-au-domains/

Was Ausregistry hopeful to get the rights to also be the wholesale registry for the proposed competing .au extension and the $$ money it would give them?

YES ONLY VOTE STACKING

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members