What's new

WeddingInvitations.com.au & ChristmasCards.com.au

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
I still can't even get Netfleet to load.

Yes; a little surprised that Drop didn't get these considering there were issue (at least website resolving issues) at Netfleet.

zeebs

I've got to say I am disappointing with Netfleet going up and down. I was under-bidder and page 404 immediately after bidding. When it finally worked, its $1 up from my bid. Amazing. Very annoyed with Netfleet in that regard.

As usual drop (where I did win) catch nothing worth catching.

Anyway Im a little ticked.

zeebs

I wasn't, so far as I could tell. Problem is they went down in the very last seconds, again. It only came up again for me just after the end to find I'm outbid by $1

Edit: it was really odd and playing up when it was up and down. Hard to gauge what happened, except that I ended up being outbid by $1 which I didn't get to see as the site 404'd immediately after bidding.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I wasn't, so far as I could tell. Problem is they went down in the very last seconds, again. It only came up again for me just after the end to find I'm outbid by $1

Edit: it was really odd and playing up when it was up and down. Hard to gauge what happened, except that I ended up being outbid by $1 which I didn't get to see as the site 404'd immediately after bidding.

When did you bid then? The bid that you actually did get in?

zeebs

About 10 seconds out. It flashed green (as in, my win) then it all froze. I refresh, page is 404. When it comes back about 30 seconds to a min after auction end, I had been outbid by $1. Needless to say, if they didn't go down over and over, especially in the last seconds, I'd have happily laid out more money to beat that $1 or more.

edit: Drop had no problems but like I said, never win anything useful, it seems.

snoopy

Top Contributor
About 10 seconds out. It flashed green (as in, my win) then it all froze. I refresh, page is 404. When it comes back about 30 seconds to a min after auction end, I had been outbid by $1. Needless to say, if they didn't go down over and over, especially in the last seconds, I'd have happily laid out more money to beat that $1 or more.

edit: Drop had no problems but like I said, never win anything useful, it seems.

The bid that actually got recorded though, when did you make that bid?

Regarding being beaten by $1, that is what underbidder means, being beaten by $1. But the winner bidders proxy could have been 30k, it is extremely unlikely bidding $1 more would have won it.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I reckon the site going down was a PR stunt tbh.. ;)

Congrats to Tim - great name!

Congrats to Findtim, this is very fine name.

When snoopy says that, you know you've bagged a goodie!

... I'd have happily laid out more money to beat that $1 or more...

The thing is, if you were really prepared to pay more you should have put more on your proxy in the first place. That's how a proixy is best used - put your absolute highest possible price in and then turn your computer off.

Console yourself that Findtim's bid could have been $50K - so don't feel that you necessarily missed out by $1

zeebs

I was going to throw another 2k on top. I bid 17k at 10 seconds out, went green for me but right on my bid. Went to bid again, to add a little more, it froze / 404. I don't know what the other bidder put on top, but I did outbid him, it seems, before it went 404 again in the last 10 seconds.

Don't get me wrong, it's how it is so bad luck - but i'd certainly like to been given the oppertunity to throw that extra $2k on and see if I had won. But Netfleet went down, again.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I reckon the site going down was a PR stunt tbh.. ;)
Really... what makes you say that?

:D

When snoopy says that, you know you've bagged a goodie!
+1

Actually LOLed.

Console yourself that Findtim's bid could have been $50K - so don't feel that you necessarily missed out by $1
Only one way to know for sure? Tim, care to illuminate us on what you would have paid for it? Or did you just sneak across the line and want to keep it on the down low?

:p

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yeah I'm sure it feels pretty bad right now. Just learn the lesson and bid $19K next time, I guess.

Also NF will be bummed too as they missed out on extra cash so they've paid for the outage as well as you.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Zeebs/All

We will get to the bottom of what happened here - on the face of it, it appears to be some intermittent DNS problems - as soon as we find out I'll update you

Apologies again if you missed out guys

Cheers
Mark

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was going to throw another 2k on top. I bid 17k at 10 seconds out, went green for me but right on my bid. Went to bid again, to add a little more, it froze / 404. I don't know what the other bidder put on top, but I did outbid him, it seems, before it went 404 again in the last 10 seconds.
Sounds like a high risk strategy, why not just bid the whole lot with 10 seconds to go...

It's not like NF is ever operating at peak performance with <10 seconds to go... I'd never "trust" their system to give me a second bit at the cherry with that little time left.

aus11

Top Contributor
Congratulations Tim! Really nice domain.

I also had a little laugh when I saw snoopy say something positive about an au domain :)

zeebs

Sounds like a high risk strategy, why not just bid the whole lot with 10 seconds to go...

It's not like NF is ever operating at peak performance with <10 seconds to go... I'd never "trust" their system to give me a second bit at the cherry with that little time left.
Yeah... well, live and learn. I know it's as much my own fault. Still, can't help but feel slightly ticked that they both went down, disallowing me my bid, and also somehow catching the domain.

Amazing competence, in a way, I guess.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member