What's new

WeddingInvitations.com.au & ChristmasCards.com.au

Ash

Top Contributor
wedding-invitations.com.au went for $610 recently.

10 x that without the hyphen is my (wild) guess

snoopy

Top Contributor
Super strong names, weddinginvitations.com.au is a lot better but both could form viable small/home businesses in my view, would be a full time thing though especially wedding invitations.

Would guess 8k for weddinginvitations.com.au & 2k for christmascards.com.au.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
I think christmascards could go for more than expected. I haven't looked at any stats but one would think it being a seasonal domain the exacts would be significantly higher in december - that and the high CPC (as per NetFleet stat).

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think christmascards could go for more than expected. I haven't looked at any stats but one would think it being a seasonal domain the exacts would be significantly higher in december - that and the high CPC (as per NetFleet stat).

Those netfleet stats aren't right for it, CPC is $2.11, Average Exact searches 6600.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Fair enough. Looks to be like weddinginvitations is the domain of the day
Indeed.

The real question is does this domain have the potential to be a 5 figure domain?

5 figure results are always good for creating a bit of buzz.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Indeed.

The real question is does this domain have the potential to be a 5 figure domain?

5 figure results are always good for creating a bit of buzz.

I don't think so given the recent lacklustre drop results.

aus11

Top Contributor
The wedding market is HUGE and this is a prime domain! But what is the marketability or ChristmasCards.com.au? Unless one of the big card makers (like Hallmark) or maybe someone like MoonPig (are they still around?), but for anyone else is there a big enough market when most people just pick them up from the news agent or department store?

snoopy

Top Contributor
The wedding market is HUGE and this is a prime domain! But what is the marketability or ChristmasCards.com.au? Unless one of the big card makers (like Hallmark) or maybe someone like MoonPig (are they still around?), but for anyone else is there a big enough market when most people just pick them up from the news agent or department store?

Would try selling bulk christmas cards personally. If it works in a department store I don't see why it wouldn't work online.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
both great names, put in a high bid for wedding invitations buts its beaten already.

good luck to the winner who gets it

Nathan

If drop gets them....

weddinginvitations.com.au went for $16k

christmascards.com.au went for $2k

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I really hope for the industry's sake Drop gets them...

EDIT: I just realised Snapper was working! I thought if NF caught the domains they would sell for whatever was the last highest bidder before NF's issues at 12:30pm. Turns out it just wasn't loading in my FF - but is working in IE??

Those are some great numbers!

And to be honest they might not be that surprising...

I was doing maths with those sorts fo search volumes and with most wedding invites likely to set you back between $200 - $2000 I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding invitation industy is a $25M+/year industry in Australia.

morganp

Seems like it will be some nervy moments. Im guessing the under bidder at Drop had the top bid on netfleet. Judging how the bids where placed.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member