What's new

Under Attack

Luke

Top Contributor
This is a little scary.

So what's the best way to protect our domain names?

I'm assuming the domain needs to go to a domain parked page, for it to be under the monetisation rule?
Is a blank page with "this domain is for sale" a no go now?
Would a "Website under construction" page be better?
Should we be registering business names to go with our domains?

ErezY

This is a little scary.

So what's the best way to protect our domain names?

I'm assuming the domain needs to go to a domain parked page, for it to be under the monetisation rule?
Is a blank page with "this domain is for sale" a no go now?
Would a "Website under construction" page be better?

I can only speak from my personal experience. It seems currently the best option is to keep it parked on a monetisation page with links that are close and substantial to the domain name. Even if you have it monetised for 2 years and then decide to have a page "this domain is for sale" because you no longer want to monetise the domain and perhaps don't want to develop it any longer, you then become under the sole discretion of an auDA review officer of the outcome. If they had a bad day/week, they can simply say "sorry, your domain is no longer in policy" and delete it.

If you have a "Website under construction" page, you will also want to display any logo or trademarks you have to show that you are legit working on something.

If I registered a business name for every idea I had, I would not have any funds to try and build these ideas. What a vicious triangle. :(

findtim

Top Contributor
Shouldn't there be a moratorium on the application of the old rules given the impending liberalisation?
yes, and i proposed an amnesty if we ever got to this stage but that decision was never made as by the time all the decisions got done i wasn't there and we all know the rest !!!

i wrote about this ages ago, its vital you stock take your domains NOW and business names associated with them.

there are 10's of thousands of domain sitting around like this in everyday SMB's accounts.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member