What's new

Commonwealth Bank Acquires cba.com

chris

Top Contributor
Noticed via an article on DomainInvesting.com that the Commonwealth Bank has acquired cba.com.

I saw in the comments that Mike Robertson brokered the sale, well done!

According to a recent Whois change, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia has acquired the CBA.com domain name. I detected a Whois change via DomainTools yesterday, and the previous registrant declined to comment about the status of the domain name. Today’s Whois change confirmed my hunch that the domain name had been sold.

CBA.com was acquired in March 2015 for $46,000 during a bankruptcy auction. I was a participant in the fast moving telephone auction. At the time, I recall that I was surprised the bidding was so strong. I was only able to place one bid in the low five figure range before the price moved beyond what I would pay for the domain name.

If I were to guess, I would say the deal was in the low to mid 6 figure range, but that is just a guess.

You can read the full article here:

http://www.domaininvesting.com/cba-com-acquired-by-commonwealth-bank-of-australia/

DomainNames

Top Contributor
$5k to $46k.. not bad but in reality it is worth easy 6 figures or 7 figures especially for Bank reputation and security purposes.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
for CBA it is worth it.. but they should have bought it years ago for $5k when it was for sale at that.. Someone was not doing their job at CBA

snoopy

Top Contributor
yes did it sell again after that and for how much?

This is the comment from the guy who offered 5k originally,

DNPOST

We finished second in the bidding for CBA.com in 2015. We were the ones that pushed for the domain to be included in the bankruptcy. (took us 2 months to get done). Glad it worked out for Mike and his client.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member