1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Under Attack

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by ErezY, May 9, 2019.

1. ErezY

ErezY Membership: Community

Oh Dear Guys, I hope someone can help me.

I'm under attack with auDA complaints against some of the domain names that I have held for years (I have not purchased any domain names in the last 2 years). So far there was 1 earlier in the week and now 19 more.

Ironically among the domain names, auDA said they are unable to determine eligibility of webcreations.com.au which happens to be registered to Advanced Web Creations Pty Ltd? Obviously they are not investigating any of the complains and just forwarding them on. And obviously this is just an attack on randomly on my domains.

Other domains either redirect to another website or a Motorization page.

Does anyone have advise on how I weather this storm?

Thanks
    Erez

2. Lucky

Lucky Membership: Community

Did complaint come from auDA or registrar?

3. ErezY

Email from registrar:

"We're reaching out to you today as we've received a request to follow up on a complain from auDA on some domains you are listed as registrant contact for."

"They are unable to determine your eligibility to hold the domains from the information in the .au database or via any information on the websites involved."

4. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

That's pretty lazy auDA.

5. ErezY

Yeah, plus the domain has been registered since 1997. I don't even think the "closely and substantially" clause was a thing. :(

6. Lucky

Can you say who the registrar is? Some are more savvy at complaints than others.

7. ErezY

I don't want to make this into a big deal, I understand auDA are just doing their job and checking on policy. It just happens that the 1 domain I mentioned was earlier in the week seems to have been immediately rejected with no real clear explanation and following day this bigger list (which included webcreations.com.au) arrived causing a bit of a shock to the system. :confused:

Just looking for any general feedback and experience people have had now that I've joined the hit list.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  8. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I'll assume your registrant details are invalid, i.e. ABN or business name are not registered. In that regard, to be eligible to retain your domains your registrar will simply require you to provide evidence of your valid and current ABN or business name. I'm confident auDA will provide you with enough time to sort it out.

Let us know if that's the issue and if so, let us how you go. Cheers.

9. ErezY

Unfortunately it wasn't as simple as that. It's a website I'm working on not uploaded to the domain yet, so domain was empty. But yes, I would expect a reply to "sort it out" rather than a reply "not good enough your domain will be deleted in 4 days". Its a lesson not to be complacent with the auDA policy. :) I'm still in negotiations about this one. Fingers crossed.

10. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I'm glad it's progressing for you. I'm actually surprised they have pegged you on monetisation?

11. Lucky

Do you still have 20 complaints, or are majority ok now?