What's new

Transferring Out From NF to Uniregistry

Ricky

Hi.
I tried searching but couldn't find anything related to this strangely enough. I have sold an .au name via the Uniregistry Market and Uniregistry is attempting to transfer the name in. I have authorized the transfer and given an EPP code. However it is stuck on the unlock step. I can't see the unlock button on the NF web interface.

Is it actually possible to transfer domains out of NF?

Joel

Top Contributor
You can't lock .au domains in the traditional sense like .com. There is a product called auLOCKDOWN but I don't think it's what you're referring to.

If the domain transfer request has been approved (not just submitted, approved), the transfer will complete in 48 hours.

snoopy

Top Contributor
If uniregistry says there is some kind of problem with the transfer I'd contact them as unlikely to be an issue on the netfleet side.

Ricky

Yes I've created a ticket with Uniregistry. It's for a sale and I'm thinking their sales workflow hasn't taken into consideration the .au no locking situation.

Ricky

Will do Robert. Coincidently I (think I) won a name on their drop today. My name and abn is on the registrant details but I wasn't billed and it wasn't on the win list and their email. So just another thing to try and chase up.

robert

Top Contributor
It's funny how you pipe up Snoopy when this obviously doesn't affect you and you don't know what's going on with it.
No, bad information, you can't get the EPP yet, because Netfleet have their own holding email as the REG EMAIL.

eg:
Registrant Contact Name: Robert Kaay
Registrant Contact Email: holding@netfleet.com.au

Ricky, exactly, mate.
You have won the name, but Netfleet haven't bothered to get around to putting it into your account yet.
Keep emailing support@netfleet.com.au and nikki Scholes <nikki.scholes@netfleet.com.au> and demand they bill and transfer your name to you.
It is ridiculous how bad their system and support is!

neddy

Top Contributor
If the EPP is right though I think it would have nothing to do with Netfleet. Get the EPP directly from AUDA enter it into uniregistry and any problems would be uniregistry's issues.
Robert has answered this bit - but the other issue is that when these type of problems occur, the domain isn't even in the buyers account. So you can't access password that way either. As I wrote on Domainer, it's not acceptable, and Netfleet very quickly need to lift their game.

snoopy

Top Contributor
It's funny how you pipe up Snoopy when this obviously doesn't affect you and you don't know what's going on with it.
No, bad information, you can't get the EPP yet, because Netfleet have their own holding email as the REG EMAIL.

eg:
Registrant Contact Name: Robert Kaay
Registrant Contact Email: holding@netfleet.com.au

Ricky, exactly, mate.
You have won the name, but Netfleet haven't bothered to get around to putting it into your account yet.
Keep emailing support@netfleet.com.au and nikki Scholes <nikki.scholes@netfleet.com.au> and demand they bill and transfer your name to you.
It is ridiculous how bad their system and support is!

Big assumption to just think this is another thread about your issue. Ricky has stated "I have authorized the transfer". If the problem was the email address being in netfleet's name he would not have been able to do that. 99% sure this is a problem with Uniregistry, not Netfleet.

Ricky

Just to sort out the confusion this thread is mainly about selling an .Au domain through the Uniregistry Market. Uniregistry being as awesome as they are have already told me that the domain should transfer successfully it's just a bug with their workflow giving an error about the domain not being locked which is not relevant with .Au names. So not a netfleet issue.

The tack on issue I raised (which apparently is common) is where another domain I won yesterday wasn't billed and has netfleet's email but my name in the registrant details.

For both issues I have received no response from netfleet.

robert

Top Contributor
Big assumption to just think this is another thread about your issue. Ricky has stated "I have authorized the transfer". If the problem was the email address being in netfleet's name he would not have been able to do that. 99% sure this is a problem with Uniregistry, not Netfleet.

I was clearly helping with Ricky's tack-on issue, not my own.

Ricky

Thanks Rob I will try Nikki now regarding the name with incorrect registrant details and not being billed.

With regards to the domain sale through Uniregistry Market - SUCCESS - the sale is complete with the domain in the buyers account and funds in my account. It was actually pretty easy despite the confusion with no .au locks. This might serve as useful info for other domainers wanting to use the Uniregistry Market and their escrow.

Ricky

Yesterday Nikki was very quick to respond to my ticket regarding the domain I won but was not billed for. By lunch time the registrant details were corrected, the name was in my Netfleet account and I was billed. So all good now. Thanks Nikki.
This bug in their system is annoying but a small price to pay for the awesome names dropping.

robert

Top Contributor
Good to hear! Yep, sometimes you have to ring the bell loud to make things happen. I still have a bunch of names that aren't fixed from the past two weeks, but Nikki has been very responsive over the last few days and working on it. Hopefully we're going onward and upward from here!!!

findtim

Top Contributor
i have to say i recently had dealings with NF and nikki was great and quick, i'm not saying anyone else is wrong , just saying i didn't have issues. i hope when everything is sorted and down the track when you get good service you all are as quick to compliment as you are to criticize.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
i hope when everything is sorted and down the track when you get good service you all are as quick to compliment as you are to criticize.

tim

Years of poor support takes a long time to reverse. Once bitten twice shy.

They've been praised time and time again with each new staff member coming on board there to only have it all go down the same path of lack of support.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member