What's new

seo.com.au

helloworld

Top Contributor
**** that pisses me off. I had heard from one of seo.com.au clients that the owner called for payment weeks in advance. Not an uncommon thing but this client said he was desperate for payment most of the time.

He told me he though the domain was going to be sold but wasn't sure. I told him to get in contact with me. ARGH!!! I should have just done it myself. Wow that pisses me off.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Didn't this domain get a Google Penalty a while ago? Looks like link profile cleaned up a bit too

James

Top Contributor
Yeah the price is quite cheap I would have paid it, surpised they did not contact a few agencies in the market who are bidding on the term LOL. I notice WME is buying up a bunch of similar domains.

I agree you could get the money back from a few clients, the issue is it would bring in the "wrong clients". I actually purchased Backlinks.com.au a few years ago and I have not done much and it drive some leads in.

It also looks like the domain was hit with an algorithmic penalty in 2012, I remember this domain use to rank well in 2010 range.

Good luck to the new buyers.

snoopy

Top Contributor
He told me he though the domain was going to be sold but wasn't sure. I told him to get in contact with me. ARGH!!! I should have just done it myself. Wow that pisses me off.

This line of action makes no sense to me, are you sure you wanted to buy it? I doubt it myself.

helloworld

Top Contributor
This line of action makes no sense to me, are you sure you wanted to buy it? I doubt it myself.

Well opinions are like arseholes. We all have one.

When asked what I valued the domain at alone I said $100k. I don't actually have $100k.

I defintely should have been proactive and called the owner, wish I had. I think a few other domainers on this board would back up (not that i'm going to ask them too) that I don't mess around with my purchases.

James

Top Contributor
I just had a chat with the buyers of the domain via Twitter, nice guys I like their attitude towards SEO. I've invited them to join DNTrade as well. They said rankings are not the main focus at the moment seems to be more around branding.

geodomains

Top Contributor
I did have the option to buy this domain when it was being offered at a firesale price.

The domain has a penalty with G for sure, so the new owners will need to clean that up first.

Looking back now, I probably should have purchased it when it was available.

Don

snoopy

Top Contributor
Well opinions are like arseholes. We all have one.

When asked what I valued the domain at alone I said $100k. I don't actually have $100k.

I defintely should have been proactive and called the owner, wish I had. I think a few other domainers on this board would back up (not that i'm going to ask them too) that I don't mess around with my purchases.

My point is you did not actually try to purchase this domain even though you knew the owner was looking to sell. To be annoyed that you missed it because you passed on a message to some third party that the owner should contact you. Well that is a case of someone who has not actually tried to buy it.

James

Top Contributor
I did have the option to buy this domain when it was being offered at a firesale price.

The domain has a penalty with G for sure, so the new owners will need to clean that up first.

Looking back now, I probably should have purchased it when it was available.

Don

Yes huge loss in organic visibility on this domain graph here (http://imgur.com/BQotSrv), if it is an algorithmic penalty can be a long term recovery. I guess this factor would de-value the domain to a switched on buyer. Seems the new owners just want it for branding. Don't get me wrong I still think it is a great buy and if you have worked on complex penalty analysis cases most recovery processes are possible.

James

Top Contributor
Nice site for domain research James

Don

Hi Don,

The tool is SEM Rush Paid account - people can feel free to use my affiliate if you want - http://www.semrush.com/

If you are buying domains for any price it is a valuable tool to use because you want to do your pre-purchase analysis. If the data is showing huge drop offs then it is evident their is something wrong with the domain.

James

helloworld

Top Contributor
My point is you did not actually try to purchase this domain even though you knew the owner was looking to sell. To be annoyed that you missed it because you passed on a message to some third party that the owner should contact you. Well that is a case of someone who has not actually tried to buy it.

Point taken but I was really annoyed at my own stupidity for not following it up not at the person who bought it.

James

Top Contributor
I just had a call with the seller of the domain today, I actually feel sorry for him with the situation. It sounded like he actually did not want to sell the domain in the first place yet was forced to due to un-foreseen matters.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member