What's new

SEO Challenge

nimrod5

Hi Gab,

I have been on the thread on and off and enjoy watching how the site's ranking progress. Good job mate!

Just a couple of questions:

1. In your first 2 videos you were saying that you wanted to funnel page rank from the 2nd tier category pages back to the home page and that you were going to get rid off the external links in the category pages. As far as I can see, the external links are still there. Is there any reason why you didn't get rid of them?

2. Because you are working in a fairly competitive niche, may I ask how much content you produced (number of articles) for optimising the main keyword superannuation guide? And, what strategy you used for syndication?

2. Can we get some insight in what other techniques you used in ranking the site? Or will you reveal all that in the report you promised?

I'll definitely contribute to your charity! You deserve it mate.

Cheers,

Nimrod

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
HI Nimrod
thanks for posting

Regarding your questions

1) Excellent question. I usually do basic onsite , link building... see how it goes and then I will take more "strong" measures if links are not producing results.
Removing links , may help us if the site gets nice page rank, trying to flow some authority from one section to another one... but the good thing of having external backlinks is : it's normal.

If you read the whole drama with Adsense, you can see that my main point is : do not raise flags... so at the moment the external links are not affecting... so I will not be touching the site (yet) until I can get in 1st page .

1st Page is easy: from 10th to 5th... is a challenge.
From 5th to 1st... well, that's the miracle.

2) . Sure I created first 15 articles of 400 words, produce by a mediocre - level writer. (Sorry Ned no copywriter budget here ;)
This is just to get the 1st links round where I wanted to promote the main keyword: Superannuation guide.
After that I have done may be 30 x 200 words posts in blogs for superannuation and self managed super.

I have 20 more on schedule.... but after that I will stop.
I'm also launching a PR with PRmarketer (that I'm a reseller) promoting the keyword .

3) Regarding other techniques, I can tell you what I' not doing

1) I'm not doing any more article marketing
2) I haven't done any blog commenting
3) No "profile" links
4) no blasts of any type

I have done:
heaps of social bookmarking to the site
heaps of social bookmarks to the article sites
heaps of social bookmark to the post

I'm planning to get some blogroll links later on... so that will help :
My objective before I leave to fiji is to have the site in 1st page for 2 keywords
and in page 5 for "superannuation" .
(But I'm leaving in 4 weeks, so that may be a challenge)

;) That's all... I hope it helps.

If you want to see more videos with my ugly face check
www.seocourse.com.au

Disclosure: I lost 4 kilos since making that video, so I'm not so ugly-face now.

Cheers

Gab

neddy

Top Contributor
Well imho I think this has been a great thread - lots of views and interest. I wanted to do this as an experiment for future projects on DNT.

Thank you Gab for your participation - and thank you to all those who contributed. :)

As a gesture of my thanks to Gab, I have decided to put superannuationguide.com.au up on Netfleet aftermarket auctions - and donate
full nett sales proceeds (after GST, COR and commission) to Gab's charity for kids in Fiji.

Here is the listing on Netfleet: https://www.netfleet.com.au/aftermarket/dntrade

• It is a no reserve auction - so definitely worth having a bid.

• I'm happy to transfer over all web content / files at no cost.

• insuranceguide.com.au sold on Netfleet for $1850 a few months ago.

And I think Gab may have something else on offer to the winning bidder. ;)

Thanks again. Please have a bid and get us started. I get nothing out of this financially - it's all for the kids.

https://www.netfleet.com.au/aftermarket/dntrade

Cheers, Ned

Last edited:

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Hey Ned
So generous

The winner will get also my services for 6 months. So it comes with full SEO for 6 months and any coaching (skype-phone) required for the next 6 months.

Happy bidding....

Mark

Top Contributor
Great effort guys - we'd love to offer support so will waive our commission on this.

Good luck!

Cheers
Mark

James

Top Contributor
Nice one good luck with the sale, what are the current results for keywords ect?

Should maby post up some stats for it too

Last edited:

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
I'm a bit confused, RANK tracker is telling me the site is ranking in 2nd page of "superannuation"
can anyone confirm that?
I see it in position 30th.....

jam

Top Contributor
page 2 (16) for "pages from Australia"
page 3 (30) for Global search from Google.com.au

I would think you would be checking rankings from both in your rank tracker???

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Well..

page 2 (16) for "pages from Australia"
page 3 (30) for Global search from Google.com.au

I would think you would be checking rankings from both in your rank tracker???

I use both of them, I think Neddy gets reports from Raven Tools also. I use Rank Tracker when I want to check quickly.

the ranking jumped from position 98th to 30th fro "superannuation" so I though... this stuff has to be broken. :p

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member