What's new

roulette.com.au

neddy

Top Contributor
Just doing a little research, and I came across an article from Drop (author was the well respected Mike Robertson - now with Domain Guardians).

http://www.drop.com.au/docs/Drop-au_Promo_web.pdf

Reports some older sales:

Jobs.com.au - $300,000

Flowers.com.au - $153,000

Cars.com.au - $141,000 (obviously a previous sale).

I imagine Mike did his research. :)

helloworld

Top Contributor
So it boils down to this: You remember seeing an article in the paper & your wife tore it out but it is nowhere to be found, that is the proof of the highest reported .com.au sale of all time?

I'd say it is not in dnjournal journal because there is no proof of the supposed $250,000 sale other than the fact that it changed hands.

I think we are back to where we started, why on earth are people spending post after post disputing the statement below,

"The highest .com.au sale reported in the last 10 years is $125,000."

The evidence to the contrary is missing cutouts from papers and DavidL's rumour file.

I know what it said. It was a clipping she had pulled out for me. Woolworths spent reportedly spent $400mill on delivering Masters.

They can also afford to negative SEO and have a PR machine capable of removing most if not all content on the web that could be found about the price.

That said I'm better at search than they are:

http://blacktown-advocate.whereilive.com.au/news/story/online-windfall-for-blacktown-business-owner/

WHAT’S in a name? A lot of money it seems when it comes to website addresses.

As Woolworths launched into the home-improvement market against Bunnings by opening one of its first 10 Masters stores near Camden last week, the Advocate spoke to a Blacktown small business owner who sold her domain name for the new Masters website for a six-figure sum.

Woolworths originally offered $8000 for the master.com.au URL address but after a lengthy negotiation Medical Masters owner Karen Vella sold it for more than $200,000.

Mrs Vella started at the company, which sells transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) equipment to help with pain relief, in 1999 and bought the business with her husband more than two years ago.

Unaware of Woolworths’ new venture, she was surprised when contacted last year with offers which rose from $8000 to $20,000.

She said she wasn’t interested because of the trouble in creating a new domain name and having to change stationary.

When Woolworths asked how much she wanted she cheekily counter-offered $500,000 before the two parties agreed on a smaller six-figure sum.

Part of the deal stipulated Masters must provide a link on its website to the new Masters Medical site for a year after it launched its website as well as pay for new stationary.

Mrs Vella said while the funds were a much-needed injection into the business’ cash flow, online traffic had decreased because of the change of domain name. She said the previous owner joked with her that the domain name would be worth something one day, but neither of them could have foreseen one of Australia’s supermarket giants knocking at the door of the Bessemer St business.

“When I started I thought maybe Masters golf would be interested but never Woolworths,” she said.

neddy

Top Contributor
Carinsurance.com.au was discussed here, visible on eBay, everbody saw the bidding & final sale price of $250K and the registrant details change. If you truly don't think it was a legit sale why don't you contact the buyer and seller?

Same with cars.com.au - give Carsales a shout, if you like, you've got their details.

Sorry big sales in .au don't fit in with your neat little image of the Aussie domain market but the blinkered, denial approach just makes you look a little silly IMHO

Buyer of carinsurance.com.au is actually a member here (though a quiet one!).

But Snoopy, if you're interested in his own words, here they are:

http://www.lukedonnelley.com/?page_id=2

:)

snoopy

Top Contributor
I await an apology

Is this a joke? The name in the article isn't even the same, and neither is the price you were talking about.

You claim masters.com.au was sold for $250,000 and the article claims master.com.au was sold for over $200,000. No wonder dnjournal isn't listening.

Like David's example it is another case of why rumours & bad memories don't make for verifiable sales data.

neddy

Top Contributor
Is this a joke? The name in the article isn't even the same

Get off your bandwagon Snoopy. The newspaper obviously made a typo between Master and Masters.

Karen Vella was the owner of masters.com.au

http://web.archive.org/web/20100201045211/http://www.masters.com.au/welcome.htm

And if you have any further doubt about the veracity of the sale for a 6 figure sum, my advice would be to ask Erhan privately. I don't know the exact amount, but apparently it was substantial.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Get off your bandwagon Snoopy. The newspaper obviously made a typo between Master and Masters.

Karen Vella was the owner of masters.com.au

http://web.archive.org/web/20100201045211/http://www.masters.com.au/welcome.htm

And if you have any further doubt about the veracity of the sale for a 6 figure sum, my advice would be to ask Erhan privately. I don't know the exact amount, but apparently it was substantial.

Since when did a story with the wrong domain and no actual price suffice as a piece of credible sales data?

neddy

Top Contributor
Since when did a story with the wrong domain and no actual price suffice as a piece of credible sales data?

neddy

Top Contributor

This is what I said earlier .............

snoopy

Top Contributor
This is what I said earlier .............

Ned,

How hard is it to follow?

I said earlier that the highest reported .com.au sale in the last 10 years is $125,000, that is obviously the case, the price paid for cars.com.au has not been reported, David has provided us with what he now calls a rumour when pushed for proof & the proof of the second sale of masters.com.au is a news story with no actual price being stated and an incorrect domain. None of this is credible information. Now Erhan might be able to help us with the price but my comment is pretty clear......

There has been no reported sales of .com.au domains over $125,000 in the last 10 years.

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm still waiting for your list snoopy

that would be the " reported proof " you seem to want from others.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
i'm still waiting for your list snoopy

that would be the " reported proof " you seem to want from others.

tim

Tim, I have no idea what you are on about with your lists of sales, whatever you are talking about it has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

neddy

Top Contributor
Ned,

How hard is it to follow?

I said earlier that the highest reported .com.au sale in the last 10 years is $125,000, that is obviously the case, the price paid for cars.com.au has not been reported, David has provided us with what he now calls a rumour when pushed for proof & the proof of the second sale of masters.com.au is a news story with no actual price being stated and an incorrect domain. None of this is credible information. Now Erhan might be able to help us with the price but my comment is pretty clear......

There has been no reported sales of .com.au domains over $125,000 in the last 10 years.

Snoopy - let's face it; everyone on here knows you will never admit to being wrong.

You clutch to semantics to try and shore up your case.

Why you try and talk our market down leaves me absolutely perplexed. :confused:

These are some of the facts - whether they have been "officially" reported or not.

• CarInsurance.com.au sold for $250,000 earlier this year. Proof supplied from eBay and buyer's own blog entry. Transaction was assisted by Cooper Mills - and TM was also done by them.

• No doubt in my mind about Masters.com.au - would you like a side bet that it sold for higher than investmentproperty.com.au?

• Whilst they cannot be reported, do you not believe Erhan and Don when they refer to the sales thay have been involved in?

findtim

Top Contributor
Tim, I have no idea what you are on about with your lists of sales, whatever you are talking about it has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

one last attempt and then i am OUT of this.

1) you say there have been no big sales in au
2) you have been told there has been but deny it
3) you say its only valid if its reported
4) we have told you some sales have to remain private
5) you are a known domainer and i DO respect you
6) so post your sales or stop trashing the au market as you want us to post our sales to create proof but you won't do it yourself which totally to me defeats your argument that no high sales have been done.

i don't think i personally can't put it much clearer.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member