What's new

roulette.com.au

neddy

Top Contributor
Common Snoopy I've sold 1 domain for $100k and it was never reported as a lot of buyers don't want it reported.

I've also sold others for near $50k and again I don't report these sales.

I've also purchased a half share in a domain and I can tell you now it was about $200k in cash and domains.

So please stop your going on as if au domains don't have any value, it's pure crap.

Well said Don.

You are the quiet achiever of the Aussie domain industry. There are a few of us that know what you have done - and I constantly take my hat off to you.

Well that should give the the answer really, there is very few .com.au's that are worth 100k, the highest .com.au sale reported in the last 10 years is $125,000.

Hi Snoopy, I am regularly involved in 6 figure .au sales, unfortunately most of them contain confidentiality obligations (which is why I can understand your concern about reliable sources), which prevent disclosure, but for example over the past 6 months here are a few sales I have been involved in $250,000, $150,000, $125,000, $20,000 and lots of smaller transactions. They don't happen every day but large sales are consistent.

The issue is more about reliable reporting, Netfleet is a good source of information, particularly public auctions, they have achieved some good results over the past few months.

.au is the place to be!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Common Snoopy I've sold 1 domain for $100k and it was never reported as a lot of buyers don't want it reported.

I've also sold others for near $50k and again I don't report these sales.

I've also purchased a half share in a domain and I can tell you now it was about $200k in cash and domains.

So please stop your going on as if au domains don't have any value, it's pure crap.

Don

It is really simple, I said "The highest .com.au sale reported in the last 10 years is $125,000." I don't know why people are arguing against that, it is a fact. There was two other sales reported in 2002 slightly higher, flowers.com.au $153,000 & cars.com.au $141,000.

Little doubt some unreported names have sold higher but what is the chance of roulette.com.au selling for the highest price ever reported for a .com.au sale? No chance.

segator

Top Contributor
Lobbyists are hard at work. Online gambling restrictions are currently being reviewed by the government. It is estimated a report is due back April 2013.

helloworld

Top Contributor
I read it in the Herald Sun. It was a quite a good story as well as she was initially offered a very low amount and it got to the point of woolworths saying "ok, how much do you want exactly"

snoopy

Top Contributor
I read it in the Herald Sun. It was a quite a good story as well as she was initially offered a very low amount and it got to the point of woolworths saying "ok, how much do you want exactly"

Where is the article? Again, why isn't it in dnjournal?

DavidL

Top Contributor

Snoopy, don't be so naive to think that a niche, tiny, American website such as DNJ (as great as it is), covers every domain sale!

In fact, as far as Australian sales, it's only ever been NF and Drop sales that have been reported - maybe a Sedo sale or two over the years.

Do you really think the big guys are going to take screenshots of WHOIS details, scan in invoices etc and send it off to Ron!!! :D

Carinsurance.com.au was discussed here, visible on eBay, everbody saw the bidding & final sale price of $250K and the registrant details change. If you truly don't think it was a legit sale why don't you contact the buyer and seller?

Same with cars.com.au - give Carsales a shout, if you like, you've got their details.

Sorry big sales in .au don't fit in with your neat little image of the Aussie domain market but the blinkered, denial approach just makes you look a little silly IMHO

geodomains

Top Contributor
Snoopy, don't be so naive to think that a niche, tiny, American website such as DNJ (as great as it is), covers every domain sale!

In fact, as far as Australian sales, it's only ever been NF and Drop sales that have been reported - maybe a Sedo sale or two over the years.

Do you really think the big guys are going to take screenshots of WHOIS details, scan in invoices etc and send it off to Ron!!!

Carinsurance.com.au was discussed here, visible on eBay, everbody saw the bidding & final sale price of $250K and the registrant details change. If you truly don't think it was a legit sale why don't you contact the buyer and seller?

Same with cars.com.au - give Carsales a shout, if you like, you've got their details.

Sorry big sales in .au don't fit in with your neat little image of the Aussie domain market but the blinkered, denial approach just makes you look a little silly IMHO

+1

snoopy

Top Contributor

Do you really think the big guys are going to take screenshots of WHOIS details, scan in invoices etc and send it off to Ron!!! :D

The thing is if a sale isn't verified by anyone then it isn't reliable. Now I know you aren't good at that yourself from seeing in the past how you have chosen to report sales, ie sales that you cannot verify because netfleet did not handle the name or the money or even wait to check to see if it had transferred.

Secondly the industry is well known for coming out with dubious sales claims. There is dozens and dozens of sales claimed that never happened especially at the top end, so if it isn't verified I personally take no notice of it.

Here is a good example of a high sales list,

http://www.chefpatrick.com/top-domain-sales-of-all-time/

A fair chunk of those are known to be fake, or extremely dubious. They are either just a bit of rumour, or done for publicity or based on "funny money", ie stock swaps and trumped up for publicity. Have a look at the comments & it is just people doubting lots of the sales,

When someone says what they think they read, heard a rumour about, heard some whispers in a bar, it doesn't mean much. If it is actually verified, that is something I take notice of.

With the ebay sale, it was doubtful from start to finish (ie seller basically wanted a "cash" transaction) & not verified by anybody, regarding carsales they haven't reported the sale, why would they tell me about it? If it is one you think happened then you prove it, don't ask me to. Get it in the dnjournal, or get something with a reputation to verify it, then it will get taken seriously.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
As good as DNJournal is, I don't think it is the be all and end all of domain sales.
I must say that I don't what or who is a authority on such things.

findtim

Top Contributor
i didn't want to waste space by quoting your last post Snoopy but my answer is " what a load of bull " , are you saying every sale you have made has become public? if so please put the list here for us.

if you can't do that then your whole agruement is dead in the water.

you haven't got a clue what deals i have done nor many others deals, they just happen.

i look forward to your list

tim

DavidL

Top Contributor
Snoopy, nothing wrong with having a healthy degree of scepticism with domain sales. But to try and simplify it to:

Reported in DNJ = True
Not Reported = False

is not sensible.

The carinsurance.com.au one - It sold on ebay for $250K, I've spoken to both the buyer and seller and, I believe on the balance of things that it did happen. You don't have to but I did

Cars.com.au - yes your right hard to confirm absolutely a dollar value. $1.6m is the rumour and carsales did spend $2.5m that financial year on buying domains which makes sense. Regardless, I'm sure it went for more than $125K don't you think?

I take notice of these things, with a degree of caution, and make my own judgements. You are welcome to take the easy approach and ignore anything that's not in DNJ but IMO that's fat too limiting. What if DN didn't exist, how would you assess the market then?

PS Worse than the bogus sales are the bogus offers...people bignoting how they knocked back $50K on a $500 name, that sort of thing

helloworld

Top Contributor

It was in Herald Sun. The missus actually tore out the article as I don't read physical newspapers obv.

New domain appears to be mastersmedical call here. I have NFI why it's not in dnjournal you should probably ask the owners of dnjournal...

snoopy

Top Contributor
Remarkably we've gone from this initial claim below,

Then there was that 1.6m sale (cars.com.au) but that was lumped into $2.5m worth of purchases.

And after a couple of questions it gets to this.

Cars.com.au - yes your right hard to confirm absolutely a dollar value. $1.6m is the rumour and carsales did spend $2.5m that financial year on buying domains which makes sense. Regardless, I'm sure it went for more than $125K don't you think?

In your own words it is now a "rumour" and you clearly have no idea what it sold for but you are "sure" it went for more than 125k. That is why people shouldn't trust what they read in forums, hear about in bars etc. You hear a rumour and present it as a fact.

snoopy

Top Contributor
are you saying every sale you have made has become public? if so please put the list here for us.

if you can't do that then your whole agruement is dead in the water.

you haven't got a clue what deals i have done nor many others deals, they just happen.

i look forward to your list

tim

umm no, that is not what I am saying, what on earth are you talking about?

snoopy

Top Contributor
It was in Herald Sun. The missus actually tore out the article as I don't read physical newspapers obv.

New domain appears to be mastersmedical call here. I have NFI why it's not in dnjournal you should probably ask the owners of dnjournal...

So it boils down to this: You remember seeing an article in the paper & your wife tore it out but it is nowhere to be found, that is the proof of the highest reported .com.au sale of all time?

I'd say it is not in dnjournal journal because there is no proof of the supposed $250,000 sale other than the fact that it changed hands.

I think we are back to where we started, why on earth are people spending post after post disputing the statement below,

"The highest .com.au sale reported in the last 10 years is $125,000."

The evidence to the contrary is missing cutouts from papers and DavidL's rumour file.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Oh snoopy... you're right. The highest Australian sale reported by a little website way over in America is indeed $125K. I don't think anyone disputed that did they?

However, if that's how you assess the value of premium .au's then that's OK.

Personally I take notice of all reports, from bar rumours to eBay and DNJ reports, objectively consider their credibility and then make a judgement on whether the sale happened and at what price.

Don't get so upset - we just do things differently. You have your way, I have mine.

findtim

Top Contributor
umm no, that is not what I am saying, what on earth are you talking about?

people on this forum have done big sales and purchases, not a rumour, a fact, not a snippet in the paper, erhan told you he does, don told you he does, i'm telling you i have and we all suspect you have as well.

so why the endless conversation ?

tim
note: so i don't get a BS reply i haven't topped the $100K...... yet.

by the way BS.com.au is up tomorrow, and you can forget the jokes.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo