What's new

PetInsurance.com.au dropping tomorrow

geodomains

Top Contributor
Well done Shaun, I have 2 dogs, bloody expensive when you need a vet.

As Homer Simpson said to his son when his dog needed an operation..... Bart have I told you about doggy heaven. Lol its about right when it comes to paying a huge vet bill.

Don

Shane

Top Contributor
That's a bit rough italiandragon. I don't think there's anything wrong with a seller taking up a product or a potential buyer talking it down. Just the way of the world IMO. I expect most genuine bidders would tend to rely on their own research anyway...

I agree there's nothing wrong with talking something up or down, but when someone states that in their opinion something is worth less than $1,000 and then pays $18,000 for it the very next day, it makes it very difficult to trust the genuineness of that person's opinion in future.

Shaun

Top Contributor
I agree there's nothing wrong with talking something up or down, but when someone states that in their opinion something is worth less than $1,000 and then pays $18,000 for it the very next day, it makes it very difficult to trust the genuineness of that person's opinion in future.

I agree, truth be known, I genuinely was NOT interested in this name until about 1030pm, well after making my initial judgement.

I was chatting away on Skype with another DNTrader and he was the one who accidentally convinced me that this was a great name.

I even posted on another forum alerting a much larger audience that this name was available and was at auction, now why would I do that if I was genuinely interested?!?!?

However, turns out, after my interest was sparked, I phoned a few people and was happily surprised.

Anywho, I'm justifying myself which I dont feel I need to.

@ItalianDragon - what is deception is you trying to ask me details of my business with a hidden agenda - thats "deception".

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Anywho, I'm justifying myself which I dont feel I need to.

@ItalianDragon - what is deception is you trying to ask me details of my business with a hidden agenda - thats "deception".

Actually, if you were so genuine you had all the time to alert dntrade members about your change of mind but that did not happen, did it?

And we are not talking about a little out of your price. the way you talked about it, at the start of this thread and as immediate first reply, was just suspicious. The final result confirmed my idea.

In regards to my 'hidden agenda' since you mentioned it, let's tell the whole story:

I have a client interested in buying some kind of names and I enquired about cargames.com.au, its revenue, its costs and I had partial answers from someone who seems to be so worried about disclosing financial details. I don't work for the ATO if that's what your concern is.

Is that 'hidden agenda' ?

Don't worry, I won't do any business with you, after seeing your behavior, I'm no longer interested.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
That's a bit rough italiandragon. I don't think there's anything wrong with a seller taking up a product or a potential buyer talking it down. Just the way of the world IMO. I expect most genuine bidders would tend to rely on their own research anyway...

I respect your different opinion. I have mine.

So how come you didn't win it?

Because I did not bid. It's a bit different. Only because I can't or don't want to bid on a name, it does not mean that it's value is necessarily less than my appraisal.

Like if I appraise Business.com @ $30,000,000 (for example) and I don't bid, it does not mean that that domain is only worth my bid. Does it?

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
Actually, if you were so genuine you had all the time to alert dntrade members about your change of mind but that did not happen, did it?

And we are not talking about a little out of your price. the way you talked about it, at the start of this thread and as immediate first reply, was just suspicious. The final result confirmed my idea.

In regards to my 'hidden agenda' since you mentioned it, let's tell the whole story:

I have a client interested in buying some kind of names and I enquired about cargames.com.au, its revenue, its costs and I had partial answers from someone who seems to be so worried about disclosing financial details. I don't work for the ATO if that's what your concern is.

Is that 'hidden agenda' ?

Don't worry, I won't do any business with you, after seeing your behavior, I'm no longer interested.

TBH I'm sick of being contacted for financial details for my websites and domain names from people who ultimately make offers which indicate they dont have a clue, no cash to speak of or are just being plain insulting.

I'm sorry if I sound abrupt, but im over it. I'm sure it wasnt the case with "your mate" though...

Im just over people who talk the talk of being a big buyer but never seem to win or own anything.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
TBH I'm sick of being contacted for financial details for my websites and domain names from people who ultimately make offers which indicate they dont have a clue, no cash to speak of or are just being plain insulting.

I'm sorry if I sound abrupt, but im over it. I'm sure it wasnt the case with "your mate" though...

Im just over people who talk the talk of being a big buyer but never seem to win or own anything.

If you walk inside a car dealership asking for a test drive, a price of some luxury optional or whatever and you get the salesperson telling you:

"did you do any search before coming here and ask me that?"

How long do you think that salesperson will last?

You can't deny that it's the first time I asked you some details about a domain. It seems you had either a personal problem with me or a very bad day.

You seem to be very talented in what you are doing, so I hope it was just a bad day.

Luke

Top Contributor

I would agree with the above, not that I'm a big domainer or anything, but the guy has a fair point. If he doesn't want to disclose anything publicly, that's his choice and if you don't like it don't do business with him. I will however say that posting your appraisals of domains on a forum is completely pointless, and going off someone elses is just as stupid. There are way to many variables to consider and if a big company wants your domain bad than they will pay well above any 'appraisal'.

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
I guess you guys missed that episode of Antique Roadshow where they did domains.

Last edited:

James

Top Contributor
I think the main notes to take from this is to always do your own research, you can never rely on what others have to say.

I agree in regards to the point about giving away information into your domains, I have people email me in regards to domains/websites and it seems some times they are just the competition trying to fish out how much you are earning and what your Google analytic looks like. these guys claim to be big buyers with deep pockets but they never show the money.

Shane

Top Contributor
Whether you're selling insurance, furniture or websites, there will always be people trying to find out as much as they can about your business and your pricing structures etc.

It's just a part of business, and as time passes you'll get better at picking these people out. Then you can manipulate the info to make your competition believe what you want them to believe. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo