What's new

PetInsurance.com.au dropping tomorrow

DavidL

Top Contributor
Huge and growing industry.

I live in an area where there are loads of paralysis ticks (hence I reged paraylsisticks.com.au, tickprevention.com.au and a few others a while ago).

Anyway in the last 2 years my dog has been overnight at the vets for anti-tick serum twice ($600 each time) then my cat ($50 welfare cat) very nearly died after a tick and spent a week in intensive care ($1,900:eek:). This is despite keeping up to date with the drops and stuff.

Anyway wish I'd had pet insurance...

Shaun

Top Contributor
Huge and growing industry.

I live in an area where there are loads of paralysis ticks (hence I reged paraylsisticks.com.au, tickprevention.com.au and a few others a while ago).

Anyway in the last 2 years my dog has been overnight at the vets for anti-tick serum twice ($600 each time) then my cat ($50 welfare cat) very nearly died after a tick and spent a week in intensive care ($1,900:eek:). This is despite keeping up to date with the drops and stuff.

Anyway wish I'd had pet insurance...

PetInsurance is only offered by one company in WA and they are having difficulty in selling it. Premiums are around $600 a year. As a reseller of this (company I used to work for) the reseller was not profitable for 6 years and therefore they pulled out of it.

Whilst people maybe attracted by the "petinsurance" name - less than 1k IMO.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Unlike you to be so down on a name, Shaun. Got your eye on it eh? ;)

What do you mean only offered by one company? I did a search and straight away see:

RealInsurance
Medibank
1300Insurance
RSPCA
PetInsuranceAustralia
InsuranceLine
OnePath
PetPlan
BowWow Insurance
Petsecure
Allianz...

Seems to me to be a competitive market is it not?

WG2010

Archived Member
I'd say it's a product that a lot of the public don't know is available to them and if they become informed then there is good potential with such a domain name.

I use to work at HBA doing hospital claims (worst job in the world "Hi, I have cancer and am going to die. I need to fix up my bills so my husband won't need to deal with it when I die") and sometimes people would ask if we offered pet insurance. It wasn't common but the first time I was asked, I thought it was a joke. I also recently saw a commercial on T.V (can't remember which company, maybe REAL Insurance) offering pet insurance.

Untapped/undeveloped market? Maybe, who knows but I think the domain has some value. Not for me but I figure has some significant value. I say it sells for between $4000-$5000.

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
Unlike you to be so down on a name, Shaun. Got your eye on it eh? ;)

What do you mean only offered by one company? I did a search and straight away see:

RealInsurance
Medibank
1300Insurance
RSPCA
PetInsuranceAustralia
InsuranceLine
OnePath
PetPlan
BowWow Insurance
Petsecure
Allianz...

Seems to me to be a competitive market is it not?

One underwriter.

I'd own for it sub 1k yes, but not anymore.

DavidL

Top Contributor
One underwriter.

Would that be Hollard Insurance? Allianz at least are independent though.

Anyway not sure the fact that there's only one or a few underwriters is all that important. The key thing is market competition which is clearly there.

This underlies how lucrative a niche may be as well as how easy a flip could be...

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I know there is members here who want to talk this up to a valuable name...(for their own higher sales purposes?)

Its a good name but not worth a lot because its got " insurance" tagged onto it.

Value $500 IMO but who knows what people pay these days. No one can guess

I see skiboat.com.au still only has a bid of $200 on netfleet I would think that name would be better? More people interested in ski boats, some large manufacturers and they sell for a lot sometimes.

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
What about that insurance name I tried to buy from you the other night and you said $22k???

DavidL

Top Contributor
I know there is members here who want to talk this up to a valuable name...(for their own higher sales purposes?)

Moi? Surely not ;)

Of course it is in my interest that people bid strongly but I do genuinely like this name. 2,000 exacts, $15 CPC and a category killer in a competitive industry.

I think BikeInsurance.com.au is an inferior name and I happily bought it for about $3K a couple of years ago (#2 on google now) so I guess that shows it's not just talk - I do put my money where my mouth is....

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Looks like there are three underwriters - http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-an...et-insurance-policies-review-and-compare.aspx

- 38 million pets in total are kept by Australians – close to two pets per person.
- Pet insurance is in its infancy in Australia, with fewer than 2% of cats and dogs insured and only three underwriters offering insurance products.

If the GKT au stats are to be believed (6,600 exact local searches and estimated avg CPC of $15.47) it's surprising to hear the generally negative thoughts about this domain. I haven't seen stats like that for a while...

Andrew

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
david.. bikeinsurance worth less than petinsurance? are u joking? No way in the world can I agree with you on that

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
Lot more pets in Aussie land than Bikes.

Jeez it is looking good for my BuyInsurance.com.au Name.:)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
imagine

if there was a advertising in all the veterinarians around australia

i think huge numbers would sign up

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online