What's new

Pay.com.au sells $168,000

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
There's a big difference between brokering a sale and selling a domain you actually own or control.

A lot of used car salesmen types like to take credit for the sale of a big ticket item in this industry.

Congrats to both parties.

chris

Top Contributor
Also noticed it featured on DN Journal:

Another huge ccTLD sale rounded out the first five. Industry veteran Ned O'Meara at VPE Pty Ltd. brokered the AUD $168,300 (USD $117,810) sale of #5 Pay.com.au, making it 2019's 2nd biggest country code sale to date. Ned happened to be the guy who sold this domain to the current seller a few years ago. O'Meara was also already acquainted with the buyer so both parties wanted him to handle the negotiations.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
It certainly fetched a decent price.

I see Ned is still down as the Tech Contact on the whois record. He should change his Tech Contact email address to something more appropriate like makeanofferforthisdomain@goldstandarddomainer.com.au

It's funny, even in semi retirement he's still topping the charts with domains he has owned or brokered or owned, sold and then brokered.

This is such a nice domain.

After.Pay.Pal <- nice sweet spot. So short, so sweet, so brandable.

"pay.com.au" < - the name itself is just a really short elevator pitch to an angel investor.

neddy

Top Contributor
I don't think the domains are "ever increasing". Going in the wrong direction in my view.
Snoopy, I have to say that up until recently, I shared your pessimism about .au. The "SS Domain Investor" had been navigating turbulent waters for a couple of years, and it looked like there was a big waterfall ahead. But amazingly, the cruise operator decided to change course in the nick of time. Are we home and hosed yet? By no means - there are certainly some rapids ahead, but to my viewpoint, I'm feeling a lot less sea-sick than I was.

Dispensing with the metaphors, I think the 9 page submission by Zak Muscovitch on behalf of the Internet Commerce Association carried a lot of weight with the auDA Board, as did the highlighting of the situation by Ron Jackson's DNJournal. But of course, I might be wrong.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member