What's new

nicole resigns

DomainNames

Top Contributor

I'm talking about auDA doing rushed appointments in the short term simply because the director count is getting low and because they face the prospect of losing another 3. The same strategy was being used with the PRP, fill up spots even if the person doesn't fit the available spot.

Read the email, they are already trying to justify the bad decisions that will surely be coming.

revolving doors

upload_2018-4-20_17-1-1.jpeg

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi Nicole

As sad as many of us are you have resigned I think it is good timing for yourself. I wish you all the best.

I know you will stay in tune with the .au namespace and have your auDA member vote ready when opportunities arise.

It is significant loss to auDA, all members and the Board which most will unfortunately never fully realise.

You are a highly respected lawyer and your best years are ahead of you.

A lot of people also like you which is also a bonus to the professional recognition!

You received the highest ever auDA member vote to become an elected auDA Director. That is an amazing achievement everyone needs to remember and you can proudly remember also.

Thank you on behalf of many.

Last edited:

Nicole Murdoch

I thought I might say a few words.

Firstly I want to thank, again, everyone who voted for both Ned and I. This is not what I wanted when I was elected.

Secondly, I want to apologize to all of those who voted for me (and those who didn't but still supported me) for ending it this way.
As most of you have seen there have been some developments over the last few days. I got to a point in life where I had to decide whether to carry on with the board or recognize that I could no long support the board.

To be legal - it is good corporate governance that if you get to a point where you can't agree with a direction a company is taking you need to leave. I elected to go because I didn't see the situation changing at any time in the future. There were many things that led up to the decision and that broke the proverbial camels back and I won't go into them. It wasn't one thing alone.

One of my election promises was in respect of direct reg - I am happy that the question of direct reg has been delayed for now. I reiterate that if a proper business case is found then I will support it. But I want to see that business case first. As for increasing membership, we will have to see what happens with the government review and I am happy that was raised in the review.

I am still watching from the sidelines. Don't take my silence on blogs or forums as a lack of interest.

Thank you again for your support. I would especially like to thank Tim and Ned for all the support they have shown me both off and on the board. I wish Tim the best of luck with auDA.

Nicole

Cheyne

Top Contributor
Nicole,

Even though I made it known that I personally did not agree with many of your views or the platform in which you and Ned ran on, I wholeheartedly respect your integrity and thank you for committing time to being on the board.

You obviously made choices that serve in your better interests, and regardless of the reasons you always need to assess what is best for you going forward. As a fellow member I hope that you agree that it's important that you still contribute to the conversation in the short term so that we can get the Government recommendations put in place for what I'm sure we all agree will be a better auDA and industry in general.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Nicole doesn't owe auDA any more of her time, knowledge, professionalism and efforts.

Of course we all want her to contribute when and how she wants from here without any pressure to do anything more.

Nicole gave it 110%.

I think Nicole has said it very professionally so people can understand enough about what really might be going on inside auDA and the reasons why some very highly regarded people have chosen to leave of their own free will...Not via an SGM to be voted out nor by requests or termination from the Board...

"where you can't agree with a direction a company is taking you need to leave. I elected to go because I didn't see the situation changing at any time in the future. There were many things that led up to the decision and that broke the proverbial camels back and I won't go into them. It wasn't one thing alone"

Let's say it again..Ned and Nicole won by last AGM election with the highest ever AGM member vote count. They tried tirelessly to represent to auDA a lot of Member voters concerns and ideas for improvement and solutions, plus they had enormous support from Supply / Demand / general internet user, public, multi-stakeholders voices which appear to still be ignored.

I think Nicole would be a great resource for any future body who runs the .au namespace if she felt inclined to step back in as her time and interests permitted. The .au namespace would again benefit greatly as it has already from her efforts to date.

Last edited:

Lemon

Top Contributor
To be legal - it is good corporate governance that if you get to a point where you can't agree with a direction a company is taking you need to leave. I elected to go because I didn't see the situation changing at any time in the future. There were many things that led up to the decision and that broke the proverbial camels back and I won't go into them. It wasn't one thing alone.
Nicole,
While I respect your decision to quit I don't quite understand your statement.

The government review has given clear guidelines as to the direction auDA must take. These include, greater transparency, better communications and a revised membership and board structure, among others. I thought that was what you stood for in your election campaign. I am surprised you did not welcome this new mandate and see these changes through. From your statement it appears you don't agree.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo