What's new

nicole resigns

Lemon

Top Contributor
I admire the fact that you think auDA will still be around in a couple of months. The smart money is on exactly what Ian has described above.
Here are a few things to consider.
A new entity means everything starts from scratch.
All existing contracts, policies, constitution etc of auDA would no longer exist.
Registrar agreements would be void. New contracts would have to be negotiated and probably new fees payed.
The Registry contract would possibly be back in play.
All policies would be revisited. Eligibility criteria may change. Monetisation may go. Direct registration may be an option.
Membership criteria would change.
The constitution would certainly be rewritten.
Once you go down the track there is no turning back.

Cheyne

Top Contributor
Here are a few things to consider.

I have already considered this and more, and it's exactly why I said in that other thread that we, as a group of members since supply and demand will no longer exist, should start finding some common ground and working towards our goals.

There are going to have to be compromises from both sides in order to avoid exactly what you describe above.

Otherwise the kids can keep fighting while Mummy and Daddy go through their divorce, and we'll all have to live with the rules the new step parent brings in.

Lemon

Top Contributor
I have already considered this and more, and it's exactly why I said in that other thread that we, as a group of members since supply and demand will no longer exist, should start finding some common ground and working towards our goals.
By "you" I was referring to everyone because I am sure you have considered this already as any sensible stakeholder should.

I think there are only 2 goals in play.
1. DESTROY
2. REBUILD

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
The Power of One.
if you had to hand that to someone then i will say i am the person, i have already expressed to the chair that i have no intention of stopping auda from continuing with business, all i want is the best outcome for the organisation and stakeholders.

i'm for rebuild

we will appoint another demand class director asap, and my power will cease, by then the next months towards the future will be set, a future that hopefully includes me.

i personally do not feel pulling that trigger is in any ones best interest.

now i've had a big day and i'm taking the kids for a swim, i suggest you all get of dnt and hug ya kids instead as right now " there's nothing to see here"

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
If auDA is unable to operate in 3 months then the government will take over. You will no longer be a member and will have to apply to the new entity. A new entity means new constitution. Probably a stricter membership policy with a Code of Conduct and greater powers to expel members. The new entity would most likely have the powers to expel members through the board or a membership committee. It would no longer go to a 75% vote.
Is this what you want?

Current management needs to change. The problems are deep rooted and simply changing the constitution and leaving everything else as it is won't fix the place. A fresh start is the most likely scenario.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I admire the fact that you think auDA will still be around in a couple of months. The smart money is on exactly what Ian has described above.

The government isn't just going to close it on a whim in my view. Agree though that the board falling to 5 could trigger it. They'll do some rushed appointments (judging by the wording of that email) to shore things up. That way they are are back to 8 if the 3 independents go at the SGM.

Lemon

Top Contributor
The government isn't just going to close it on a whim in my view. Agree though that the board falling to 5 could trigger it. They'll do some rushed appointments (judging by the wording of that email) to shore things up. That way they are are back to 8 if the 3 independents go at the SGM.
As far as I am aware, under the Corporations Act then the government can't interfere. They have to abide by the constitution or shut it down.
Maybe you can check with the legal team.

snoopy

Top Contributor
As far as I am aware, under the Corporations Act then the government can't interfere. They have to abide by the constitution or shut it down.
Maybe you can check with the legal team.

I'm talking about auDA doing rushed appointments in the short term simply because the director count is getting low and because they face the prospect of losing another 3. The same strategy was being used with the PRP, fill up spots even if the person doesn't fit the available spot.

Read the email, they are already trying to justify the bad decisions that will surely be coming.

Lemon

Top Contributor
I'm talking about auDA doing rushed appointments in the short term simply because the director count is getting low and because they face the prospect of losing another 3. The same strategy was being used with the PRP, fill up spots even if the person doesn't fit the available spot.

Read the email, they are already trying to justify the bad decisions that will surely be coming.
You never know who will be on the board ;)

DomainNames

Top Contributor
To my knowledge, last time he applied he did so as a Supply member? I'm pretty sure that's on public record.

To your knowledge.. Can you ask Angelo now and post the answer to confirm?

Are you sure Angelo and no other Supply Registrar VentraIP / Synergy Wholesale staff, Directors etc have applied ever as auDA Demand Class Directors?

What would you think if they did? Would it be ok for them while working with a Supply Registrar to go for an auDA Demand Class Director role?

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members