What's new

Need Quote on Custom Site

Snooks

Top Contributor
I operate an ecommerce site, xcart. The site suits me perfectly and im very happy. JUst so you can see what he's comparing against, its the dart shop in my signature.

A friend wants a similar thing except he wants it to be "more of a site" with the shopping cart attached. He wants more space for information, articles, perhaps a blog, but it must have a fully integrated shopping cart.

Im just posting in here because i dont know who does what, if any of you actually do web design and development. We need something that we can update, adjust and add information etc, even with low skill levels.

As such, anyone who is capable and is interested in discussing the project can send me a pm with their contact details. We can take it from there.

Budget is in the range of $3,000 - $3400 but thats for absolutely everything, including graphic designs etc. If its a bit cheaper, the spare funds can be used on seo services.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Snooks - I hope you get a few people responding. That is a nice project for someone.

Without wishing to detract from other responses you may get, I also wanted to point out that one of our members also owns and runs Instantestore.com

I used to be a client for many years - and I can vouch for how good they are. Even a dummy like me could get a nice store up and running with all the bells and whistles too. And the beaut thing is that it is a monthly fee only including hosting - no big capital outlay.

The owner Charles did a thread here:

http://www.dntrade.com.au/greetings-malaysia-t2782.html?t=2782

Good luck!

Snooks

Top Contributor
Thank you to the people that have contacted me and expressed an interest.

The contract has been awarded to Matthew of "Spin Your Web" (DNtrade Member)

Cheers :)

neddy

Top Contributor
Excellent Snooks!

Please keep us posted with progress. Would like to see finished product.

Snooks

Top Contributor
I'll keep ya posted and this will put the preassure on them to do a top job (LOL).

Seriously though....its no secret that we obviously checked him out and also some sites he has designed and worked on etc. We have 100% faith that by awarding the project to him, that the project will be a success and once complete we will post the url in here for all to see:)

neddy

Top Contributor
I'll keep ya posted and this will put the preassure on them to do a top job (LOL).

Seriously though....its no secret that we obviously checked him out and also some sites he has designed and worked on etc. We have 100% faith that by awarding the project to him, that the project will be a success and once complete we will post the url in here for all to see:)

Hey Snooks - how is this project coming along?

Snooks

Top Contributor

The project is coming along very nicely and i must say, Matthew has been great to work with. The site is really taking shape, its looking awesome and it wont be too much longer until handover.

Probably a few more weeks until completion but any delays are the clients fault, certainly not Matthews :)

neddy

Top Contributor

Hey Snooks - haven't heard from you for a couple of months with regards this project.

How's it all going? Did you get what you paid for? Is your mate happy? Can you recommend "Spin Your Web"?

Snooks

Top Contributor
Hi Ya Neddy:)

Mate, im afraid its dragged on a lot longer than we were promised and although the site is almost complete, it isnt as yet.

Let me get back to you in a couple of days because weve been faithfully promised, again, that handover is imminent. If that takes place i will be happy.......

Snooks

Top Contributor
Hey Snooks - haven't heard from you for a couple of months with regards this project.

How's it all going? Did you get what you paid for? Is your mate happy? Can you recommend "Spin Your Web"?
Neddy ole pal, i thought i was diplomatic in my last post and i really have been patient. So, rather than cast a slur on Spin The Web, i thought i may post some facts and your members can make up their own mind:

• My friends project has now been going close on 9 weeks and still no operational site (He was quoted 3 weeks or so)
  • My friend has paid for the site in full (against my wishes), not a cheap mini site, we are talking a reasonable $4k or so.
  • Phone calls to Matthew can remain unanswered after days and days, despite calling 3-4 times in a day
  • Emails remain unanswered for days
  • Time frames get broken on every occasion one is made
  • Site is almost complete yet after 2-3 weeks they still cant get Magneto working. People need to place an order and then email to ask for a shipping price before they can complete checkout.
Like i said, im making no comments on Matthew as its not my project, but i thought the above facts should be clearly seen by every DNT Member, this way people can make up their own mind about the value of services provided by Spin The Web.

Last edited:

neddy

Top Contributor
Neddy ole pal, i thought i was diplomatic in my last post and i really have been patient. So, rather than cast a slur on Spin The Web, i thought i may post some facts and your members can make up their own mind:

That is such a shame Snooks.

I have actually been chasing Matthew for a while to see if he can provide some special deals for DNT members. He said he would, but they have never evolved.

There may well be an explanation for Matthew's conduct, so let's hope he makes it right for your mate.

neddy

Top Contributor
Thank you to the people that have contacted me and expressed an interest.

The contract has been awarded to Matthew of "Spin Your Web" (DNtrade Member)

Cheers :)

Thank you Snooks for awarding Spin Your Web, we wont let you down! We will provide you and Michael only the best! :)

Hi Ya Neddy:)

Mate, im afraid its dragged on a lot longer than we were promised and although the site is almost complete, it isnt as yet.

Let me get back to you in a couple of days because weve been faithfully promised, again, that handover is imminent. If that takes place i will be happy.......

• My friends project has now been going close on 9 weeks and still no operational site (He was quoted 3 weeks or so)
  • My friend has paid for the site in full (against my wishes), not a cheap mini site, we are talking a reasonable $4k or so.
  • Phone calls to Matthew can remain unanswered after days and days, despite calling 3-4 times in a day
  • Emails remain unanswered for days
  • Time frames get broken on every occasion one is made
  • Site is almost complete yet after 2-3 weeks they still cant get Magneto working. People need to place an order and then email to ask for a shipping price before they can complete checkout.
Like i said, im making no comments on Matthew as its not my project, but i thought the above facts should be clearly seen by every DNT Member, this way people can make up their own mind about the value of services provided by Spin The Web.

That is such a shame Snooks.

I have actually been chasing Matthew for a while to see if he can provide some special deals for DNT members. He said he would, but they have never evolved.

There may well be an explanation for Matthew's conduct, so let's hope he makes it right for your mate.

I have tried to call Matthew Arraiza over the weekend and today to try and find out what is going on. No answer on either business landline or mobile.

By posting this, I wanted to give him a reminder / final opportunity to provide Snooks with an explanantion. There may indeed be a genuine reason as to why he hasn't delivered.

I did come across this just recently which was interesting.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/videos/cebit-2011-spin-your-web-22551927.htm

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members