What's new

List Of EMD Ranking Top 3 In Google

Chris.C

Top Contributor
James did a blog post the other day about EMD not being dead despite Google' recent tweak. Personally I tend to agree that when you got a good site built on a quality EMD it will still markedly out perform in Google.

Of course would also be great to show potential domainer buyers a list so I thought we sould have a thread where were can list EMD domains we've seen performaing well in Google.

I saw this on today:

sheds.com.au

What EMDs do you guys know of that are performing well?

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
CreditCards.com.au is still ranking for "Credit Cards"

HomeLoans.com.au is still ranking for "Home Loans"

I'm sure there's plenty more :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
Property.com.au, no.1 for property. Given it was folded into realestate.com.au a long time ago it is perhaps a good example of how Google still has a lot of work to do.

findtim

Top Contributor
i have over 200 (2 word ) EMD's ranking top 3 over above, and they are sticking through all this google stuff.

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
i have over 200 (2 word ) EMD's ranking top 3 over above, and they are sticking through all this google stuff.

tim

I don't think you understood the thread. We are asking for examples of domains not a statement to that effect.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
backpackers.com.au ranking #1 for "backpackers"

dartshop.com.au is ranked #1 for "Dart Shop" :)

Property.com.au, no.1 for property. G

wifibooster.com.au is #1 for wifi booster

greenteaextract.com.au

florist.com.au, 1st organic
These are all awesome examples!

It would be awesome if we could get 25+ examples, even if they aren't your sites, just showing people generic EMDs are great for building an online business around.

enjoi

Top Contributor
These are all awesome examples!

It would be awesome if we could get 25+ examples, even if they aren't your sites, just showing people generic EMDs are great for building an online business around.

I agree, these are all great examples - Id love to see more!

findtim

Top Contributor
http://www.byron-bay.com/

it has been number one since before i started in 2000, when they started in ?? 199? nobody would buy advertising off them as "the internet? what the F is the internet" was a reply to their sales pitch to local services, they have NEVERRRR been off number one, the business is booming and they have been growing to other areas for years now.

the PERFECT example of an EMD with good quality unique content succeeding, and look at it ! its a hypen ! i know the guys so out of respect i don't wish to tell any more except good on them.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
I don't think you understood the thread. We are asking for examples of domains not a statement to that effect.

all cool, chris c started the thread and has now called for more examples, i'm not going to post 200 examples but is this now where the thread is heading?

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Wedding Planner

hmmmm, maybe this thread thread should split into EMDS that rank and EMD's that rank AND make money, omg have loads of websites that rank but don't make money, backpackers is SET to make money, byron-bay i strongly suspect makes HEAPS of money ( as i have done the numbers on it )

no insult to anyone, just an opnion to spice the thread.

tim

aus11

Top Contributor
omg have loads of websites that rank but don't make money

Isn't their business model paid directories? WeddingPlanner is showing a $400/year fee, and they seem to have quite a few premium directories listings.

I think the purpose of the thread was just to disprove the theory that EMD can no longer rank - not that they have to rank AND make money.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo