What's new

investmentproperty.com.au

Rhythm

Top Contributor
The fact is the site isn't anywhere meaningful on the paid section or the organic section.

Facts change. Rankings change. I don't know when the site went live, but Google almost always eventually includes at least one EMD in its first page serps if there is one.

Anyway this is a domain forum. Not an SEO forum.

Facts that are not about to change (unlike a 'dynamic' SERP ranking) is that the domain sold. At auction. From no reserve. Between multiple bidders. For ~$125,000. Site is built.

It took a year to get a site online and it is doing nothing.

How long should it take to put a site online on a $125k domain selling ~$500k products (in Sydney Metro) and what should it do?

People can defend it as long as they like but I think the result is pretty obvious.

Do you mind stating the pretty obvious result?

They've actually done better than I thought though, I didn't even expect them to get a site up.

The word of the day is pessimism. Sponsored by snoopy. :p

I think this has been seen a lot in terms of domain sales, massively overpay then do nothing or something half baked. If they had plenty of money left you'd expect them to at least fix up all the typos and missing text on the site.

More likely content/site was outsourced. Or by someone who was 'recommended'.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Facts change. Rankings change. I don't know when the site went live, but Google almost always eventually includes at least one EMD in its first page serps if there is one.

Yes, the site might suddenly get hit by a lightening bolt. I'd prefer to judge it on how it actually is after 18 months of owning the domain.

How long should it take to put a site online on a $125k domain selling ~$500k products (in Sydney Metro) and what should it do?

Not long.......a day, a week, a month? I'd say the chance of success is strongly related to how long it takes to get something online. After 18 months it is a half baked site with no presence.

Do you mind stating the pretty obvious result

They've wasted their money.

More likely content/site was outsourced. Or by someone who was 'recommended'.

Doesn't matter who wrote it, the site is full of mistakes, missing information, and hardly likely to make the big commissions some talk of.

DavidL

Top Contributor
aah the old coming soon page. Usually a bad sign when that goes up.

Because from what I have seen, most of the time when someone spends a lot on a domain then puts up a coming soon page nothing follows.

Snoopy, do you think in hindsight that was a overly pessimistic prediction?

Do you think your pessimism about ranking and getting an ROI on ther site might also be premature?

Have you personally ever had experience developing a successful site? If not, do you think that might be why you are always down on development?

I do understand, mate - for example, I've never made any money investing in shares so I'm a bit burnt tbh. However the difference is I do accept that some people have done well at it and I respect them for having the expertise that I don't have to make it work. Can you bring yourself to do the same do you think?

dave

I don't quite understand what the business model is.

Some of their copy implies that they are buyers' agents, other copy implies that they are there to consult and help you buy your first investment property and then they reference their stock list which implies that they are selling agents.

All very confusing and ultimately not very reassuring.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
I don't quite understand what the business model is.

Some of their copy implies that they are buyers' agents, other copy implies that they are there to consult and help you buy your first investment property and then they reference their stock list which implies that they are selling agents.

All very confusing and ultimately not very reassuring.

The site is owned by property developers they are selling their own developments. I don't see why you would need to sign up to see listings as an investor, maybe to get deals not available to the public.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Snoopy, do you think in hindsight that was a overly pessimistic prediction?

David,

as I've already said a couple of posts ago,

"They've actually done better than I thought though, I didn't even expect them to get a site up."

Do you think your pessimism about ranking and getting an ROI on ther site might also be premature?

No David,

Here is what you said about it

"Yeah I really hope they will make it work for them. I have no doubt they will & wish them all the best. If they do indeed get the site to rank well then it will pay off in no time and be a great advertisement for using premium domains in Australia."

Do you still have no doubts or was the above above just a polite way of saying thanks for the 125k? As I've suggest previously the winner here is you and your brother, not the buyer.

Have you personally ever had experience developing a successful site? If not, do you think that might be why you are always down on development?

Broken record....here is the last time it was discussed (of many previous times).

https://www.dntrade.com.au/46219-post54.html
https://www.dntrade.com.au/dropping-domains/5981-goldbullion-com-au-6.html

I do understand, mate - for example, I've never made any money investing in shares so I'm a bit burnt tbh. However the difference is I do accept that some people have done well at it and I respect them for having the expertise that I don't have to make it work. Can you bring yourself to do the same do you think?

Do you think they are doing well from this domain?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Bored because you don't answer the questions... Just dodge around like an expert politician. Yawn....

David, I've answered all your questions, some multiple times.

How about a genuine post instead of whining or telling everyone you are bored when you don't like the way the thread is going.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Ranking 134th for me. Money would have been better spent on adwords. Or even better left in the bank.

Congrats again to Netfleet.

125k on adwords to drive traffic to where exactly?

I think your missing the point of owning this domain name:confused:

property developers generally earn around 30% profit

most of the properties are 430k+ so 30% of 430k is 129000

so 1 deal from this domain will have already paid for the domain name.

1. It passes the radio test

2. It sells investment properties to investors

3. It is an exact match for what they are selling

DavidL

Top Contributor
No you haven't answered my questions. Do you want me to do it for you?

Me:
Have you personally ever had experience developing a successful site?

Snoopy:No

If not, do you think that might be why you are always down on development?

Snoopy:Yes, quite possibly

See... that's why I'm bored.

snoopy

Top Contributor
No you haven't answered my questions. Do you want me to do it for you?

Me:

Snoopy:No

Snoopy:Yes, quite possibly

See... that's why I'm bored.

David,

As I've told you several times before, I've developed many sites, probably 20 or more. A few have been successful. Some mediocre, most didn't make much or made nothing at all. I've probably made 300-400k overall profit through the years from development.

As I've told you many times before, I'm not down on development, I'm down on development that is not making money or will get blown over in the next storm. Investmentproperty.com.au is not a good example of development.

The only reason some (I think the minority) are defending this is because they paid a lot of money for the domain and therefore the more fanatical .com.au people would like to think they must know what they are doing. Just because someone spends alot on a domain does not mean they know what they are doing. People sometimes waste hundreds of thousands. The easiest way to spot these people is by seeing the inaction.

snoopy

Top Contributor
125k on adwords to drive traffic to where exactly?

I think your missing the point of owning this domain name:confused:

property developers generally earn around 30% profit

most of the properties are 430k+ so 30% of 430k is 129000

so 1 deal from this domain will have already paid for the domain name.

1. It passes the radio test

2. It sells investment properties to investors

3. It is an exact match for what they are selling

There is no traffic. None of these factors mean anything if there is no buyers. 125k would have been better spent sending traffic to a reg fee domain. They could have had 12,500 potential customers for that. Instead of that they have zero customers and a few dozen curious domainers.

As I said though they should have done even less than they have done, do nothing, leave the money in the bank if there is no genuine plan.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
There is no traffic. None of these factors mean anything if there is no buyers. 125k would have been better spent sending traffic to a reg fee domain. They could have had 12,500 potential customers for that. Instead of that they have zero customers and a few dozen curious domainers.

As I said though they should have done even less than they have done, do nothing, leave the money in the bank if there is no genuine plan.

How do you know there is no buyers?

while I don't agree with their plan of forcing sign ups

many direct from developer deals require you to sign up.

Still can't see how the money would be better off left in the bank.

The site obviously gets traffic as it has a 2mill alexa rank is a pr2 and many links to the site across the net.

1 sale a month equates to 1 million+ to the owners in 12 months and no respend or testing adwords campaigns and wasting money. They most likley run adwords for other domains they own.;)

I don't know why you hang around domain forums if you can't see the positive side to one of the best domains used for exactly what it is supposed to be used for selling investment properties will make much more money,then parking.:)

if you really believe this domain is worthless then I suggest you get rid of your keyword domains and invest in another asset class maybe properties:p

snoopy

Top Contributor
How do you know there is no buyers?

How do you you know a shop is making no money?

There is no customers inside.

How do you know a website has no customers?

There is no traffic.

Still can't see how the money would be better off left in the bank.

The $125,000 would have been worth $133,000 today. Instead of somewhat less than $125,000 in my view.

The site obviously gets traffic as it has a 2mill alexa rank is a pr2 and many links to the site across the net.

1 sale a month equates to 1 million+ to the owners in 12 months and no respend or testing adwords campaigns and wasting money. They most likley run adwords for other domains they own.;)

The links are low quality directories and domain name related sites, that doesn't equate to customers. If the link profile is good why is it ranking 134th for the term?

Regarding a sale a month being worth over a million dollars, if it were as easy as you make out the bid would be alot higher than $10.

I don't know why you hang around domain forums if you can't see the positive side to one of the best domains used for exactly what it is supposed to be used for selling investment properties will make much more money,then parking.:)

if you really believe this domain is worthless then I suggest you get rid of your keyword domains and invest in another asset class maybe properties:p

I never said the name was worthless nor anything close to that, that sounds like an argument David would try to run.

I said the buyer badly overpaid. Most here valued it a fraction of the auction finishing price so I'm guessing many others think the same.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
How do you you know a shop is making no money?

There is no customers inside.

How do you know a website has no customers?

There is no traffic.

The $125,000 would have been worth $133,000 today. Instead of somewhat less than $125,000 in my view.

The links are low quality directories and domain name related sites, that doesn't equate to customers. If the link profile is good why is it ranking 134th for the term?

Regarding a sale a month being worth over a million dollars, if it were as easy as you make out the bid would be alot higher than $10.

I never said the name was worthless nor anything close to that, that sounds like an argument David would try to run.

I said the buyer badly overpaid. Most here valued it a fraction of the auction finishing price so I'm guessing many others think the same.

You completely miss the point as usual.

the buyer was an end user and fitted in with their business model, and is an exact match domain. over 5 years will save quite a bit of money on adwords campaigns even.

or simply save on adword campaigns because the domain and site will get a better quality score then joeblogsdevelopments.com.au

of course it's not worth 125k to a domainer who hopes to sell it to an end user..

Do you have any proof it has or hasn't made sales?

some domainers are also property investors quite a few most likely dabble in property shares forex etc
it did reach SMH

tbh I can't find it ranking anywhere atm probably doing a

Google dance since it was only developed a few weeks ago

therefore you can't really gauge what the ranking is at the moment.

maybe they haven't done any real seo yet...

it takes at least 8 weeks to start getting a decent ranking. months if the term is highly competitive which would be the case for this domain if they are going after the term investment property.

Lucas

Top Contributor
I just went to load up the website to see what all the fuss is about and got this message:

The page you requested was removed.
Our website does not think you are a real person

Like most websites we receive a lot of traffic from web robots. A web robot is a piece of software that automatically crawls through websites and sometimes performs actions that are undesirable. Unfortunately, you have triggered an alert in our system that has caused us to restrict traffic from your IP address.

To have this restriction removed contact us on 1800 981 442 and let us know your IP address which is (*REMOVED*).

Alternatively, please sent us an email containing this IP address to "support @ thewebshowroom.com.au". Note: you must remove the spaces on either side of the @ symbol before you send the email.

Nice way to lose customers fast...!

P.S. Whose side are you on snoopy - anyone would think you are out to destory the domain name industry in Australia with your constant negativity!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Do you have any proof it has or hasn't made sales?

The site wasn't up for a year, it currently ranks 134th for the term and the sites is full of errors. Would you like me to provide an affidavit from the owner about how he has made no money?

18 months of your 5 years are up and rather than saving them money it has cost them money in my view, because of the price they paid and what they would get if they tried to sell it.

Google dance since it was only developed a few weeks ago

therefore you can't really gauge what the ranking is at the moment.

maybe they haven't done any real seo yet...

it takes at least 8 weeks to start getting a decent ranking. months if the term is highly competitive which would be the case for this domain if they are going after the term investment property.

The site has been up for months.

Tell me, when do you think this name well be ranked well? Name a date and we will look at it again.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member