What's new

Important Changes to our Auction format

Chris.C

Top Contributor
On a serious note, can't you just write shorter posts?
No.

How's that for short!

:cool:

You do make valuable contributions occasionally.
Good to know it isn't all for naught.

(even though I disagree with you on the subject matter in this thread)
You're a smart guy Ned - I know you get where I'm coming from just as I know where you are coming from - I'm semi-confident we don't "disagree" we just have different "positions" brought about by different business models and vested interests..

:p

Anyway I'll step out of this thread again - there's nothing new to discuss at this stage.

findtim

Top Contributor
there's nothing new to discuss at this stage.

that's one of the big problems with this thread, nothing new, nothing from NF and very little from members that should be more vocal and honestly sit back , do nothing and let others conduct the conversation about something that concerns many of us.

SO on this subject, don't ring me , don't PM me, any more and for F sake POST.

its a Forum not a ForTim ( yes I said it )

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Tim, it doesn't need people to post for Netfleet to change. The more people do nothing, lowball, make extremely cautious bids, the more they'll have to act. The financials won't be looking pretty in a few months. All they'll get out of it is reputation that is worse than when these changes started.

neddy

Top Contributor
A couple of questions for Netfleet please.

I had my first bid (under the new trial format) on NF two days ago because I wanted to get a particular domain in one of my niches.

And this leads me to ask:

1. At the close of the "auction", why do you not immediately show what the highest bid is on each domain? (You used to do this when you had the hidden bids a while back).

2. The "snaps" happen at approx 2.04pm AEDT - why do we have to wait until approx 2.15pm to see your final list of winning bids? This really puzzles me.
Cheers, Ned

P.S. Just by the way, my bids were nowhere near as high as my proxy bids on Drop.

findtim

Top Contributor
Tim, it doesn't need people to post for Netfleet to change. The more people do nothing, lowball, make extremely cautious bids, the more they'll have to act. The financials won't be looking pretty in a few months. All they'll get out of it is reputation that is worse than when these changes started.

I just had a weird thought, if NF stop trading, and drop decide to stop what happens then?

" texas hand reg holdem " at 2.04pm ?

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
I just had a weird thought, if NF stop trading, and drop decide to stop what happens then?

" texas hand reg holdem " at 2.04pm ?

tim

There is plenty of other people who would start up. I think there is a couple on the sidelines now who don't catch much.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

True

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Ned

1. A benefit our current format is to hide which domains we are targeting. We hold off showing domains until we know it is safe to show them.

2. At 2:10pm we show this (and at same time show 1.) - just to be sure purge process and post drop tasks have completed.

Cheers
Mark

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Ned

1. A benefit our current format is to hide which domains we are targeting. We hold off showing domains until we know it is safe to show them.

2. At 2:10pm we show this (and at same time show 1.) - just to be sure purge process and post drop tasks have completed.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks for at least replying Mark! And so speedily too. ;)

So if I understand you correctly, you are still worried about Drop potentially targeting the names you are chasing even after the drop period has closed?

If this is the case, as an alternate suggestion, is it possible please to show the green or red bars on the names we are individually bidding on? (Like you used to do). That way we know instantly if were the highest bidder on your platform - rather than waiting 5 or 10 minutes.

Mark

Top Contributor
Thanks for at least replying Mark! And so speedily too. ;)

So if I understand you correctly, you are still worried about Drop potentially targeting the names you are chasing even after the drop period has closed?

If this is the case, as an alternate suggestion, is it possible please to show the green or red bars on the names we are individually bidding on? (Like you used to do). That way we know instantly if were the highest bidder on your platform - rather than waiting 5 or 10 minutes.

Two replies in a day Ned :)

We want the best possible chance of securing domains for our clients. If that means shielding our offers from competitors then we'll do that.

Our auction page pre, during and post purge needs work I agree. Will be looking at making changes next week to make more informative and friendly for bidders.

Thanks, Mark

findtim

Top Contributor
If that means shielding our offers from competitors then we'll do that.

Thanks, Mark

oh god, I TRIED soooooooooo hard not to reply to your first post but this one is :eek:

mark I want you on here answering our questions, and today I said to myself " tim, NO...... don't post....... tim, just let it run its course"

but the word "shielding" I really can't let slip through because it simply doesn't make sense???

or am I totally silly? people bid, you put the bids in and then try to win !

a $20 bid may win or a $15 "drop" bid may win ? isn't it that simply ???

WHY would you or can you or be concerned that drop dot comau can see you highest bids?

drop dotcomau can't UP a bid nor can you, or can you both?

I think I have totally misunderstood your post or there is some explaining to be done.

a bid is a bid so why not show it ASAP?

I think just yes or no answers would be great.

to me shielding is a very dangerous word to be used in a business like yours, it is open to far to much interpretation that could be easily construed as non competitive and as we now say non transparent.

just my opinion that's all.

tim

davids

Top Contributor
WHY would you or can you or be concerned that drop dot comau can see you highest bids?

The logic is that if Drop is unaware of the number of offers or the highest offer on any of the domains on Netfleet, that they can't go ahead and target the most in demand names to catch themselves.

So in that sense, their "shielding" their domains with offers on them so that Drop can't see them.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
The tactic of 'hiding bids' has made the platform quite boring, that was always part of the fun, when people go to house and car auctions it is quite often to 'view'

findtim

Top Contributor
The 'viewers' don't make Netfleet money.

I took spacey's comment as viewers may buy/ may buy in the future? but I speak for myself.

if NF want to grow their audience then the current boring platform is not a good way to do it.

imagine 20 people standing in front of a house without a word being said and an auctioneer who then says SOLD, then waits 10 minutes and says " sold to the man with the red tie " , ohhh wow that was fun.

DavidS I see your point, I thought it would be more automated then what you are suggesting.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members