What's new

Google Testing SERPs Without URLs

chris

Top Contributor

Rhythm

Top Contributor
perhaps they should first test why searches on google results in hacked .com's ranking first in the serps

chris

Top Contributor
perhaps they should first test why searches on google results in hacked .com's ranking first in the serps

Yes, the SERPs still aren't perfect...

One interesting thing is to note is how important using a clear, well branded favicon is in these results.

chris

Top Contributor
More interesting to note possible effects of this modification...

Yes that too.

Not the first time they've tested this. Personally it feels weird to me and I'd like to see the domain, but who knows what users would prefer?

Erwin

Top Contributor
Personally I find it dangerous & it may find Google in hot water in years to come..
To remove a sites identity by hiding it, in this case, a URL is wrong..
By hiding a website people may unintentionally believe it’s part of the google ecosystem when in fact it is not..

Every site deserves to be ‘identified’ by any search engine..

rant over..

snoopy

Top Contributor
Personally I find it dangerous & it may find Google in hot water in years to come..
To remove a sites identity by hiding it, in this case, a URL is wrong..
By hiding a website people may unintentionally believe it’s part of the google ecosystem when in fact it is not..

Every site deserves to be ‘identified’ by any search engine..

rant over..

I think it is mainly domainers that will care about this. Unless there is two sites with the same name in a similar line of business it is not going to cause many issues.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo