What's new

Google Adsense Leak

A very deceptive way to maintain shareholder value, One would expect this information to be leaked, so n ot sure i can believe it

nt81

Top Contributor
Have read several stories of people with very large adsense incomes having the lot "frozen and taken away" especially when they were close to payout / end of month.

Could also be a (very elaborate) hoax.

Either way, I hope that something happens. Adsense is crap.

helloworld

Top Contributor
There were defintly a lot of bans around that period. Lots of complaints on warrior. Interesting stuff

James

Top Contributor
I have had an Adsense account since 2005, I use to make very good money back in the day when I focused maybe 80% of my time into it..probably fit into their higher groups. Then as CPM/CPC went down I lost interest and moved to other things I still make a few hundred a month. That been said they usually find old pages on content and say "you have 3 days to remove this content or the account is banned" usually really silly things but I take the content down.

I do not know how true the whole story is.

nt81

Top Contributor
Needs evidence to back it up.

In time... If this is just breaking via our channels of information now, it could possibly be the early stages of a whistle-blower "trumour".

As with all of these type of things, more info will surface if it is true. Otherwise, it will get buried pretty quickly.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Interesting if true, have no reason to believe it isn't.

Don

If it were true they wouldn't have anyone earning over $5000 per month. I'd say it is either false or an extreme stretch of the truth,

We were told to go and look into the publishers accounts, and if any
publisher had accumulated earnings exceeding $5000 and was near a payout or in the process of a
payout, we were to ban the account right away and reverse the earnings back.

nt81

Top Contributor
And yet, you missed the part of the article that alleges that some accounts were "do not touch".

Just how many publishers earn more than $5000 per month?

snoopy

Top Contributor
And yet, you missed the part of the article that alleges that some accounts were "do not touch".

Just how many publishers earn more than $5000 per month?

The article claims that wasn't instated until after Dec 2012.

After December 2012: The New Policy

Green Group: VIP Status (what employees refer to as the "untouchables")

nt81

Top Contributor
Un-official policy is usually followed by Official policy :) Just putting it out there...

snoopy

Top Contributor
Un-official policy is usually followed by Official policy :) Just putting it out there...

Pretty clear what he said,

We were told to go and look into the publishers accounts, and if any
publisher had accumulated earnings exceeding $5000 and was near a payout or in the process of a
payout, we were to ban the account right away and reverse the earnings back.

That part doesn't sound correct at all, that *any* publisher with earnings over $5000 should be banned and makes me doubt the accuracy of the whole thing. Google is an evil company, but lets not just blanket believe anything that someone writes.

nt81

Top Contributor
I'm not a Google basher, I just think they have over-monopolised the web. Nothing has been said about blanket belief.

If this does prove to be true, the shit will hit the fan, and a lot of publishers will be working on a class-action.

Either way, this will surely have an affect on their share price.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member