What's new

Goodies v Baddies

neddy

Top Contributor
I'm probably a bit older (not necessarily wiser though!) than most on this forum, and I've seen a lot of "Get Rich Quick" schemes advertised over the years. History tends to repeat.

These include property spruikers; wealth consultants; horse tipping; share / forex trading; affiliate marketing schemes - and many others. What do they all have in common? The lure of near instant wealth with little effort. And of course, success is also basically guaranteed. :eek:

Flipping domain names (in Australia) is one of the latest schemes. Suddenly we have all these "instantly experienced domain traders / brokers" entering our market.

(I'm not criticizing anyone on here for wanting to be involved - it's a great business to be in. All I'm suggesting is that in the Australian domain space - which is fairly regulated - it's not as easy as it is made out to be. Time, effort, knowledge and lots of mistakes need to happen before you can say you are successful).

Anyway, you can judge for yourselves. Have a look at these ads / emails. (Thanks to a mate for showing them to me). They are all for an Australian audience.

Attachments

• VRE 5.jpg
    VRE 5.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 51
  • VRE 1.jpg
    VRE 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 51
  • VRE 2.jpg
    VRE 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 51
  • VRE 3.jpg
    VRE 3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 51
  • VRE 4.jpg
    VRE 4.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 53

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Anyway, you can judge for yourselves. Have a look at these ads / emails. (Thanks to a mate for showing them to me). They are all for an Australian audience.

I wrote about this problem 4 years ago (after our content was ripped off and reproduced):

http://www.domainerincome.com/news/dont-be-fooled-by-dodgy-domain-flipping-courses-and-software/

People who run dodgy courses have no standing in this industry; they certainly should not be permitted to join forums like DNT.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo