What's new

Gonna be a big one at Domain8 on Monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Also David,
I see you've changed the registrant details for the other 3 domains now to Publishing Australia.

Why have you done that?

Don

Well people seem to have a problem with the domains being registered by an entity part owned by a registrar. So hopefully this solves much of the problem?

Which brings me to this question - moving forward we need to keep testing. Would anybody have a problem if any domains we win during this period are registered in Publishing Australia's name?

If not, are there any other suggestions people can make? Anyone know what DW and D8 did when they were starting out?

Occy still waiting for you to front up & tell us who you are? The silence speaks volumes.

Occy

Well people seem to have a problem with the domains being registered by an entity part owned by a registrar. So hopefully this solves much of the problem?

Last time I did a transfer it took several days. Obviously I don't have the same contacts as you. I'd be interested to know how you managed to transfer the domain from one entity to another so easily, perhaps they are related. Did you have to pay the re-registration fee.

I can't see how it solves the problem at all you still benefit from the relationship with NetRegistry. Is it so simple for you to pass it off in the hope that it will go away.

Would anybody have a problem if any domains we win during this period are registered in Publishing Australia's name?

Yes I do. Publishing Australia is still gaining advantage from the relationship with the registrars. maybe you can test using someone elses details like Dons. I am sure plenty of people will put their hands up for testing.

Anyone know what DW and D8 did when they were starting out?

Yes they ran the auctions and either succeeded or failed.

Occy still waiting for you to front up & tell us who you are? The silence speaks volumes.

I'm still waiting for you to be up front as well.

Occy

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yes they ran the auctions and either succeeded or failed.

I'm still waiting for you to be up front as well.

Occy

OK I'll spell it out for you. If they succeeded what name did they register the domains in?

Occy are you going to tell us who you are or not. If you don't it severely harms your credibility. It suggests to all readers that you are hiding something. You have a hidden agenda - it's clear that's why you are so evasive.

geodomains

Top Contributor
David,
I was part of the trial period for domain8 and as far as I know any domains were registered to the bidder.
I have also been told that George does not buy any domains as he didn't want a conflict of interest.
I suppose its a mater of drawing a line in the sand, are you going to be a buyer of domains or a supplier of a new service to other domainers.
If you are going to be in this industry, it does create questions which we are now experiencing.
Changing the name to your other company might make it all seem fine, but I suppose everyone will still be wondering.
I know you are saying you did this as a test, but wouldn't it do you more credit to other domainers to let these domains go.

Think it over, just my thoughts.

Don

neddy

Top Contributor
Sorry to but in on this stoush, but what does Pending regulator approval mean?

Domain Name townsville.com.au
Last Modified 27-Oct-2009 06:33:54 UTC
Registrar ID MD Web Hosting
Registrar Name MD Web Hosting
Status pendingUpdate (Pending regulator approval)
Status inactive
Registrant NetAlliance Pty Ltd
Eligibility Type Registered Business
Eligibility Name NetAlliance Pty Ltd
Eligibility ID ABN 98134314373
Registrant Contact ID NF-NET-6960386
Registrant Contact Name The Directors
Registrant Contact Email admin@netfleet.com.au
Tech Contact ID NF-NET-6960386
Tech Contact Name The Directors
Tech Contact Email admin@netfleet.com.au

Don

Hi Don,

I think this means that auDA are investigating the whole situation based on numerous complaints - in particular the townsville.com.au transaction.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. They are the rule makers and the referee. It is their responsibility to determine if there has been a breach of the rules.

I also think this forum is becoming too personal with some of it's attacks. Everyone surely has the right to question or criticise - or to take a particular side in the debate. But I do think that we should try and remain civil to each other. (You set a wonderful example in doing this Don!). I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular - just trying to make a general observation!

Cheers, Ned

Shaun

Top Contributor
I also think this forum is becoming too personal with some of it's attacks. Everyone surely has the right to question or criticise - or to take a particular side in the debate. But I do think that we should try and remain civil to each other. (You set a wonderful example in doing this Don!). I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular - just trying to make a general observation!

Cheers, Ned

I agree. We are all in the industry. There are many varying opinions on this topic, why not just let AuDA sort it. Should we all agree to end this post?

neddy

Top Contributor
I agree. We are all in the industry. There are many varying opinions on this topic, why not just let AuDA sort it. Should we all agree to end this post?

It's not as simple as that Shaun. I think there are still unanswered questions (e.g. Don's last post).

I think NetFleet (and indirectly NetRegistry) have a wonderful opportunity to turn a PR nightmare into a positive marketing experience. At this stage it is still their call.

All I'm saying is let's keep the debate civil!

Cheers, Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics