What's new

Gonna be a big one at Domain8 on Monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Wow, Townsville.com.au is already at $2600... Anyone wanna take a guess on what it's final price will be?

I'll say $6500

paz

10,000+

Huge tourism market. Much more than Jervis Bay here in NSW which went for close to 8000.

neddy

Top Contributor
I agree with Paz! $10k plus.

Don may well win the prize, but I know he's going to have to have deep pockets! ;) There are quite a few people out there coveting it.

But how could the owners let it drop? It's sacrilegious (how to do spell check for that one)! They also own townsvilleonline.com.au.

Cheers, Ned

Billy01

Top Contributor
They have the cash to get it back

Registrant
Name TOWNSVILLE ENTERPRISE LIMITED
ID ABN 58053020536
Person TOWNSVILLE ENTERPRISE LIMITED

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
townsville.tv sold for $365 U.S in dec 07 .....source , dnsaleprice.com

I am sure i have seen it on namepros for $500 since then

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Just over 4k...

I wouldn't be at all shocked if D8 misses it - seems they often fail to catch the 'top' ones.

Just as an aside, are we sure that D8 and DW are the only two players in the dropcatching marketplace?

neddy

Top Contributor
Just as an aside, are we sure that D8 and DW are the only two players in the dropcatching marketplace?

That's a really good point Cycloptik - today should tell.

I'm also a bit worried about DW - as at late yesterday they still had Friday's drops advertised! This morning, they have updated, but are still showing a few listings from Friday!

Let's hope there are no frozen screens or early finishes today!

neddy

Top Contributor
Just another observation, but has anyone else noticed that DW doesn't always have the same listings as D8?

Take today's drops - I can't see bowral.com.au on DW? :confused:

Rhythm

Top Contributor
I've been trying to signup for a DW account for at least a week, but I never get an email from them. Anybody else having the same issues?

Last edited:

soj

Founder

These are the only two public drop catching services, I have heard that there are registrars who have this as a private service for some of their clients, but who exactly I'm not sure. I would assume these would be for domains on their books, rather than ones on all the registrars dropping.

As to Townsville.com.au, its passed $12,000, would be another pricey catch for Domain8 to miss again.

geodomains

Top Contributor
Well guys I tried to catch townsville.com.au but alas someone has deeper pockets than me, but I made them pay :D Makes my townsville.net.au look good. ;) Good luck to the new owners of this great geo

Don

soj

Founder
Don - I wasn't the highest bidder, but even if i was, i didn't win it through Domain8, thats a big invoice these guys lost again. Maybe they need another registrar licence with 4 more connections to get onto these domains a bit quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads